1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kosaka Nao (Kosakana) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by EinhanderX, Oct 19, 2017.

1. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    agree! haha but seeing how she quietly cheer on her fellow 2nd gen in hiragana oshi i can kinda see how she blend to the background. but with her beauty, she definitely cannot go unnoticed~

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Recent spate of comments in Japan saying Nao is Hiragana's destined centre. They all talk about her beauty, but the fact is that she can sing as well. I'm not especially her fan, but I can't disagree. The vast majority of people find her devastatingly attractive, and she is clearly extremely talented:

[​IMG]

She will no doubt centre at least one song on the album, and when the single comes (as I believe it will), who knows.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've got to be honest. I instinctively don't like her. She's too too too controlled, showing so little emotion. But as for beauty, which I doubted: Girls' Award convinces me totally. She just bursts onto the scene near the top of the class. I guess the entire world sees this more clearly than I do. And I see her sharp mind in the way she picks up tricks to use, from fixing her eye on the camera to that perfect wink.

https://twitter.com/modelpress/status/997754800006610944

There is not the least doubt that she will get her chance(s) on the album: she is already centre for the 2gens and I believe management intends her to be centre for the whole group, if she develops as they (and I) expect. She clearly has dancing ability (although I didn't see perfect grace in the GanaOshi Hanbun no Tsuki, or on the runway, really -- not yet, at least), and I know her singing is good from her auditions. I just hope she relaxes and becomes more human, to my eye. I hope someday I can just enjoy and take pride in her, rather than seeing her as The Interloper, lol.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I guess we'll keep calling her Nao-chan, but I see Japanese comments calling her "Kosakana," sometimes in kanji 小魚 "little fish." This seems appropriate to her smooth, long face, as well as to the sound of her name.

I apologize if I offend anyone, but perhaps this is the moment I slip over into the Nao-fan column. Her final smile was a quick thousand watts.

It was interesting on the KinKi Kids show to hear her say she only came up to live in Tokyo a couple of months ago. Up to then, she had still been living at home in Osaka. This pattern is similar to the 1gens. Memi only came up to live in Tokyo over half a year after she joined, when her school year was just about over in Nagano. Up to then, the new recruits just come up for weekends or so for training.

There's also this little vid from Girls' Award:
    https://twitter.com/modelpress/status/997779718945390593

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Nothing wrong with having your own preferences when it comes to idols lol. As long as preferences don't turn into bashing and anti-ism, no one should be "offended".

I personally don't know enough about the 2nd gens to really truly say I have an oshimen yet. Hopefully the aptly named Hiragana Oshi will change that.

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I was thinking about this all yesterday, and as I watched her more, I realized I could also enjoy the controlled yamato nadeshiko aspect. She really could be something special. Memi is my oshi in Hiragana by far (ever since her auditions), but the group is just packed with talent, beauty and personality. Now let's see if management can help them make the most of it.

8. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

I liked Kohsaka since her first Keyakake appearance. There's something about her. It's hard for me to put into words at the moment, and I'm not looking to change anyone's mind now.

Loved pics of Nao-chan from that modelpress event - I liked Yui-pon and Zuumiko's pics as well.

There's no need to apologize for liking/disliking someone, @ukifune - over in Nogi46, I don't get the appeal of Yoda Yuki at all either. But that's fine, I rather not be negative and just continue to root for my oshimens & the groups in general. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same person or enjoyed the same things in life.

9. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I think Nao is extremely photogenic. Her photos just seems to pop to me and I would notice her right away. This kid has great potential. It would not be bad if she pursues the model path. She has done lots of photoshoots already and she did well for her first time on the runway.

Well, I am excited on how she will grow from here on out

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    we have a rare gem in Nao,~ although she didn't really caught my attention initially during her showrooms, but after seeing her in action and the photos she model in... truly stunning

with eagerness and high hopes, i will be watching Nao(and Miku)'s growth very closely

11. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    DdvNSL7UQAAOF_m.jpeg
    Exclusive contract with seventeen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That's going straight to the top. Seventeen knows what it is doing.

EDIT: According to this site, Seventeen is the largest-selling teen fashion magazine, at 220,000 units. Among mags aimed at young women (a separate category) non-no is at 183K, ViVi is at 137K, and Ray is at 81K.

EDIT: Here's a blog post about the fact that judged by Twitter likes and retweets, Nao-chan and Risa (in that order!) were just slightly less popular than the top three Nogis at Girls Award. To me, it is seeming inevitable that Kosakana will become centre for Hiragana, since we know she can sing and dance. And her beauty is mowing them down (even if I'm one of the few left standing, lol). She could become the image of the group and lead them up the hill as Hirate has the Kanjis -- if Sony/Aki-P can come up with the songs and feelings that can help it happen.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Congratz Naochan. What a happy news for me. Nao and Kubo in the same magazine. :1st:

• Like Like x 1
  14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i am going to quote my old post on the 1st page and they predicted Kosaka will be a hit in 2018. Now she landed the exclusive model gig from Seventeen.
    what a coincidene :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    this is what she deserve!!! congratsssssss

16. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Woah! Congrats to Nao! That's amazing

17. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    wow superpush for her since the beginning. i can see her leading hiragana in the future.

18. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    I hope we'll get a Kubo-saka cover soon!

19. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Congrats Nao! :chuffed:
    I mean who wouldn’t pick up Naochan ~ she’s a stunner

20. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Seventeen? Damn! That's impressive. Her looks definitely stood out the most to me out of all the Hiragana girls. I'm happy for her.