1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audition HKT48 5th Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, May 27, 2018.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Announced at the HKT48 Spring Arena Tour in Fukuoka. HKT48's 5th Generation Auditions will began.

(Mod note: removed dead video link)

Deadline for Seminar Applications is June 15th (The Seminar will be on June 24th)
    Deadline for Applications is July 1st

Site: https://www.tike-uke.com/hkt-5th/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Sorry Miyazaki Sono, but your time's running short.

3. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Why did you said Sono's time is running short?

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Explanation of the seminar:

"On June 24th during the reception period, an event called "HKT48 seminar" will be held at Scala Espacio in Fukuoka city. In addition to a brief explanation of the audition, a talk show will also be held where active members report on activities and passport secrets. In addition to providing questions and answers with participants, photography sessions with members will also be held. Part of the seminar participants will be given a seed right to exempt the audition first examination. Sashihara Rino (25) called for "participate in a cute girl, please come and join us."

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201805270000910.html

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

She just experienced what Tsutsui Riko and Yamauchi Yuna had when 4th gen audition announced.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

THIS is the audition I was expecting, not NMB’s random one when they just got 17 new girls or so.

7. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    4th gen still seems so fresh with so many talents unexplored... HKT48 still doesn’t have a show to replace odekake, and no theater of their own... there doesn’t seem to be a lot of work for the current members, and Draft 3 is coming up now... is it wise to gather a 5th generation? It just feels right now like hkt is running on the thrill of getting new faces instead of really picking through the members and showing their talents to develop stronger connections and bonds between members and fans... I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right considering the low tide hkt is experiencing...

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    This discussion should be probably on the HKT tread but I think the members must be really frustrated from the lack of everything!Like they might feel like they can't properly fight to show their worth and don't even have their own ground to stand on or call their own (not having the theater,no stage made specifically for them)!Even for us the fans,it's frustrating because we want them to their best and show everyone what they're capable of!

9. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

While I feel it would probably be best for all the members involved if HKT48 held off on auditions until each team only had about 7-10 members because really-- considering how little they have going on, that's about all the members they can really actually find jobs for and focus on...

They are HKT48. Simply because the company's entire branding revolves around having that number 48 in the name, they are supposed to have 48 members. And the stage shows are designed for 16 members.

While there are 5 new kenkyusei, there are only 44 members right now.
    And then we have the situation with Haruka where after taking 10 months off between the two years and no word she is going to be back, we might have to cross her off the list.
    And Sashihara signaled that she isn't going to be around much longer when she pulled out of STU48. (Not that she is ever around when it isn't a big concert or anniversary show anyway.)
    And Mio's knee is injured and despite her appearance in the concert last weekend, it is not clear if she'll ever be able to properly fully return. She did say that this was her last election.
    And out of the 7 others who didn't enter the election, 2 have already graduated. Given that 80% of those who stay out of the election one year are graduated by the next, there is every reason to think that 4 of the other 5 might be on their way out too.
    And that is overlooking the fact that Sakura is set to sweep that whole PD48 contest. Given she is already barely around because of AKB48 activities, things are going to get so much worse with her in a Korean group.

And given that so much of the group is around the age when so many girls in 48 group call it quits, things might be even more dire than this. And, again, I would be perfectly fine with letting the group distill down because there really is only enough work to keep maybe 20% of the current members busy. Instead of "killing" the group, having far fewer members might work to strengthen it. Outside of Nako and Miku, it feels like 3rd gen has never really had much spotlight. And 4th gen has hardly even established themselves.

And the draft? Putting the decision in the hands of the fans was a disaster. At least in the KIV netroom, the people there were complete trolls. Sakura asked them to recruit many girls and instead of trying to recruit the girls who wanted to join HKT, those were completely ignored and they shot for the random popular girls and then voted to just quit. And from the look of things, Team H acted the same.

There wouldn't even be 5 Kenkyusei now had there been a single HKT48 room instead of one for each team.

Sashihara was so disappointed with the results that she told the undrafted candidates not to worry because there was going to be an HKT48 5th gen audition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    They really need a solid scouting in this generation

11. Ketool

Ketool Kenkyuusei

Could you please tell me where you heard this? It's not that I don't believe you, I would just find it interesting to hear her say that.

12. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

It was something she said in a quick speech at the end of the draft.

Basically "For those who didn't get to be chosen, there will be HKT48 5th gen audition." Which kind of implied that the audition was going to be soon as opposed to a year from then or longer. I don't know if there are any recordings of the draft around, but if you listen to what she says in the end she mentions it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    A bit OOT but i suspect the auditions were planned before the draft. And since there’s no way they could announce an audition in the middle of draft season, they pushed back the announcement date. And i’m pretty sure they didn’t expect the fans to keep drafting till 17 lmao

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    SakuraxHaruppi
    MeruxMio
    NakoxMiku
    AkixNene

Now we got another duo

15. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

I don't think Sakura and Haruppi are a "duo" in any sense of the term. Yes, they have centered together and done gravure shoots together, but they have also done gravure shoots with other girls and its not like they choose to be together exclusively over the rest of their generation. I would even go as far as to say there are probably 4 other first gens they would prefer to be paired with rather than each other.

And I haven't seen anything to suggest that Aki and Nene have any particular connection.

Meru and Mio are a little more justifiable, but really Nako and Miku are the only absolute inseparable duo that HKT48 has. With them it has never even seemed like they were in the same generation as the rest of their generation. Always together, put in the senbatsu together from day 1 and promoted to full members a year before anyone else from 3rd gen and the only 3rd gens not on Team TII.

Rather than duo, it seems more accurate to say that regardless of how many members they will be in a generation, the company is going to roll out the rest carpet for likely 2 of them, serve their careers to them on a golden platter and treat the rest as an afterthought regardless of what they do.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I don’t know about the power duo on the 4th gen, but regarding 1st gen, I’d say the initial duo was NatsuMado (Natsumi and Madoka), even if they clearly haven’t reached Sakura and Haruppi levels of popularity, but it seems to me like they were the preference for a pair, and Sakura and Haruppi have a more recent story that goes more toward rivalry than pair dynamics... the way I see it at least... what I mean is that each generation’s pair was initially based o affinity, if you look back, NatsuMado were pretty tight, and the same goes for MeruMio and NakoMiku, they all were close friends from the start which may have led to the promotion as a duo... obviously this is just my perspective, but I haven’t followed 1st gen from the very start so I might be wrong regarding that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    She is spotted in the auditions

18. chiara_t

chiara_t Kenkyuusei

if the auditions were planned before the draft, then they can cancel it when they ended up getting 17 girls in draft lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

81 at this stage? Damn.

I imagine they're going for a big gen. Bigger than the 4th for sure.

• Informative Informative x 1