1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Wellllllllllll thinking about it...... They were in TIF in Bangkok Comic Con, so..... Didn't miss a thing.

Edit:
    Reading between the lines, it seems NGT48 is the 1st AKB48G group to perform at a Rock in Japan Festival. True?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

So excited about NGT performing at Rock in Japan omg that's awesome
    Yes the first 48 group to perform! It's really cool! The only other one I'm seeing is Keyakizaka46, they performed there last year. You can check past performers here: http://rijfes.jp/2018/history

3. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I've put in my 11 votes for 7 NGT48 members. 1 mobile mail app vote and 10 votes from ithebigc's service. So I now can be considered an oil king :p

Man, the Japanese Anti's are still saying pillar king this, pillar king that......singular king..... I am beginning to avoid reading what Japanese fans write.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka

if the video does not show watch the video here
    [2018.6]NGT48研究生5人も登場した全国握手会in京都の裏側&南区PR大使1日館長
    kokodake

• Like Like x 1
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko

The MC part is hilarious :))

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

That was fantastic! My only criticism is that “NGT48” was originally Katomina’s center, so I don’t understand why they switched it to Ogiyuka last year.
    This has been bugging me for a while, someone please explain why Katomina has no song where she is standing in the 0 position?!

8. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Ogiyuka got the highest rank of all of NGT48 in the 9th SSK and Katomina didn't. So the next single's center went to Ogiyuka. The spring single to the next highest which was Hinatan because I think they also wanted to give the members a last single with their 1st captain.

NGT48 has already publicly announced that the center for their singles will not be fixed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  9. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I think many of the girls are stressed out because of these last six hours of voting. Just watched some showroom on the way to work

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. ET920

ET920 Member

Dang, so wanted Ogiyuka to beat Jurina. By the way, the Rikachan article is about her virtually living together with a regular male fan.

11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The Prefecture of Niigata is sending NGT their congratulations for the good results at the Sousenkyo through an official announcement, with an explicit mention of the top-ranked members such as Ogiyuka and Hinatan.
    Final excerpt from the bottom of the letter: "Even from now on, by helping spread knowledge of Niigata's charms to the whole country, while at the same time giving vitality to us people of the Niigata prefecture, we look forward to a further jump ahead."

http://www.pref.niigata.lg.jp/kouhou/1356896238640.html

• Like Like x 11
  12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    For the Governor of the Prefecture and on behalf of the citizens of Prefecture, to acknowledge them for their hard work. There is no higher acknowledgement other than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I couldn't help notice the amazing balance between teams NIII and G in the ssk ranks! There were 7 girls from both Team NIII and Team G, for a total of 14 NGT girls, with each team having one representative in senbatsu and in almost every ssk category. Really NGT48 management did an amazing job dividing the power in the group.

This year's Cinderella girl has to be Nara Miharu, who in the backstage showroom coverage didn't even have a prepared name tag.
    Nara.jpg

Here are the ranks based on the teams that will take affect next month:
    Senbatsu
    04. Ogino Yuka (NIII)
    16. Homma Hinata (G)
    Under Girls
    21. Nara Miharu (G)
    24. Nishigata Marina (NIII)
    30. Kato Minami (NIII)
    Next Girls
    37. Nakai Rika (G)
    43. Nishimura Nanako (NIII)
    Future Girls
    53. Tano Ayaka (NIII)
    64. Nakamura Ayuka (G)
    Upcoming Girls
    67. Takakura Moeka (NIII)
    69. Oguma Tsugumi (G)
    70. Yamaguchi Maho (G)
    77. Hasegawa Rena (G)
    SPECIAL
    91. Yamada Noe (NIII)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    You know what, NGT48 has technically grown bigger than STU48, so will they still do an all member song or break it into sub units like the 3rd single where at least every member is on a song.

Can someone transcribe what showroom was saying when Hinatan was giving her speech? To me it sounded like the people, especially sayanee was impressed that each NGT48 member being very conscious of the future of the group.

Edit 3:
    NGT48 is making an appearance at TIF2018.
    https://twitter.com/TIP_TIF_staff/status/1008620620114903040?s=19

It references to the fact many NGT48 members ranked in in the recent SSK.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka

Interviews of some of the NGT48 SSK rankers by BSN Radio at the event. Kaori san is very much their Mama :) 26:58 onwards

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The commentary is too sparse to necessitate a trascript, but to make a complete recap. As soon as Hinatan started speaking, Yukirin and Sayanee looked impressed at the way she carried herself during the speech, with Sayanee wondering how many years has she been into the group to have learned to talk in such a composed and mature way. Yukirin replied just three years, and you can see Sayanee's reaction to it.

Another thing that they praised various times throughout the segment was how Hinatan dedicated much of her speech to discuss about the group as a whole in its various aspects, rather than making herself the central topic. Everyone agreed with Yukirin when she noted it at first. Sayanee also couldn't help expressing this sentiment again once Hinatan had finished speaking. In the middle, Sayanee also adds that she has noticed this is a common trait of the NGT members at the event, especially those who supported the group and made it into Senbatsu.

Also, on a hilarious note, when Hinatan eventually gets to the part of her speech where she mentions certain members who "stand to demolish things" everyone immediately has a laugh, and Yukirin even goes as far as calling Nakai out by name in doing so. This is actually much more evident if you watch the SR recording in synch with the Sousenkyo live (here is a video of both combined, the bit in question can be found at around 06:18). Needless to say, the audience reaction is the same.

Another thing Hinatan received praise for was the part about her companions. The commentators told how this is the greatest possible comment, remarking she is truly the type who loves everyone while also being willing to help them out. The part about Hinatan's determination to shape up the next NGT48 also had Sayanee nodding as a sign of commendation.

Anyway, for those who are curious to look at it, the dialogue takes place from around the 3:00:00 mark of the recording here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lAy0eE2vs

---

Also, I don't know if it has already been done somewhere else, but I also put some time into translating the full speeches of NGT members, since I noticed that the transcripts found on Oricon and other sites are incomplete, and I do not mean just the introductory and final greetings. I just left out Ogiyuka's speech because @Erythrocytes did already an excellent job translating it, so I'll redirect everyone to the Ogiyuka thread for it. Other than that, I worked to include everyone, although against my best judgement, because I am a gentleman like that.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114079
    Noepii: "Thank you so much! I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Noepii, Yamada Noe!! Thank you so much (crying) In preparation for this day, Noe worked hard on dieting. Since the end of last year I gained 8kg and then lost another 4. (picking up the tissue) Is it alright if I use it? ...Since I have managed to rank in this year, there's something that I want to speak out here! Errr... Kitarie-san told Yamada that popularity level and selling out tickets at handshake events are something I shouldn't be relat... I mean, shouldn't be concerned about, and told me that I should rather keep on going with my own current character. Even so, with this character plus the fact I ranked in, I now gained a little bit of popularity along with that. So for the next one year period I want to get carried away by the enthusiasm and apply myself even more! Everyone, year after year NGT48 is leaving a mark behind in all kinds of places it goes. This year, at this Sousenkyo, beginning with Yamada Noe we're going to have more and more, probably all, members called in. Therefore, please do not hate NGT48 for it!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114110
    Renapon: "Hi, I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Renapon, Hasegawa Rena. Thank you everyone for voting me. Talking about me, I have been playing baseball continously for 6 years straight. This fact may be irrelevant to being an idol, it indeed may be irrelevant. But I'd want to give a thank you to all my fans, my family, as well as the people in my hometown of Tainai for always supporting someone as tomboyish and un-idolish as me. Also, I have always been saying how I wished to have my own uniform number, so when I see this 77 and the 11 in the preliminaries, I realize there is some kind of affinity with numbers with identical digits. This year, I want to wear this 77 on my back and keep working as hard as I can! Please lend me your support for this year!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114149
    Maho: "I am NGT48 Team NIII's Mahohon, Yamaguchi Maho. To all those who have voted and are always supporting NGT48, thank you so much. I have ranked lower than I did last year, and honestly this feels very frustrating to me, but more than that, there are people who have chosen me and cast their vote for me. There are people who have worked hard for me. And I am truly happy for this. Thank you for having chosen me"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114174
    Tsugumin: "Thank you! I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Tsugumin, Oguma Tsugumi! To all those who cast their vote and had been supporting me even this year, thank you so, so much! Speaking of me, what brought me to join this NGT48 group is the fact that my father sent in the application by himself. Back in the day, I was still so tanned my skin was black, I still had no knowledge of what being an idol was like. But there are fans who nonetheless noticed me at the time, learned about me, and then joined with me to work together toward our goal. That makes truly, truly happy. Thank you for this wonderful, wonderful ranking."
    Announcer: "Thank you. Wait, is there any other comment? For your father?"
    Tsugumin: "Yes. Actually, there's one thing that I and my fans promised ourselves, I'd like to borrow this stage to do my catchphrase. When I say «With this index finger and this index finger», I'd be happy if I you could reply back «Tsugu Tsugu» together. Let's go!"
    [Catchphrase]
    "That's it. Thank you so much for today!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114204
    Okappa: "I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Takakura Moeka. Today... I mean, thank you for having voted for me, everyone. My position dropped compared to last year, but I could still go on to receive this trophy, and most importantly of all I could really tell that my fan have been supporting me a lot through this. Even on my side, I really want to reciprocate to this support. There's been many things that I have worried myself about, following the preliminary announcement. But this period has also served me as a good incentive for me, and gave me opportunities, after all. For this following year, holding everyone's support firmly into my heart, I want to do my best to make sure that this position will be a way toward my next step. I'd appreciate if you would keep supporting me even in the future! I am very much thanful for your support."

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114235
    Ayutaro: "I'm NGT48 Kenkyuusei Ayutaro, Nakamura Ayuka. Thank you for having voted me! About NGT48, this Spring Kitahara has graduated from the group and new kouhais are joining in, which brought me to think how us 1st generation members need to improve ourselves and act more properly. Therefore, with this position and the pride of being myself part of the 1st generation, I want to keep giving my best. Compared to last year and the year before, this Sousenkyo period had been feeling seriously fun. Therefore, to all those who voted and supported me through this, I would be pleased if you'll come to think of this Sousenkyo as the most enjoyable you have ever participated in. Thank you so much!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114274
    Ayakani: "I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Ayakani, Tano Ayaka. Thanks a lot to everyone who voted and lent me their support. So, by this Summer, for me it'll be the third year since joining NGT48. Three years have passed, but during these three years I couldn't yield any results as I had wished to. I had made my own fans often feel regretful for this. But this time, I decided to work on, telling myself that my fans are there with me and I should trust my fans. And in the end, I feel glad to have believed in my fans, I really think so. The dreams that I have are not just my own, but are also a dream that I share with my fans, so from now on along with my fans I want to go on to realize these dreams. Sincerely thank you!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114293
    Nanako: "I'm NGT48 Kenkyuusei Nishimura Nanako. A sincere thank you to everyone for supporting me. Throughout this year, I engaged in my activities while concentrating my efforts on ranking in. I am sincerely thankful that fans have followed someone like me along up until this point. This year I also had the chance to do my first gravure photoshoot. And, to tell the truth, I may as well rival Tokumitu-san in terms of love for ekiden."
    Tokumitsu: "Is that so?"
    Nanako: "This year I was entrusted to do ekiden-related work, also. As such, I want to climb my way up by taking a path that is only possible for me to do. To make a comparison with the Hakone Ekiden, I am still around the 1st or 2nd stage of the race, but I am aiming for the 5th while setting my sight on the peak of the mountain. With these results as an advantage, I want to keep striving on with all my strenght. And I'll be waiting for more gravure and ekiden jobs to come, too... Well, leaving that aside, while I am a Kenkyuusei right now, it had been decided that, come next month, all NGT Kenkyuusei are going to be promoted. It seems like I could bring my life as Kenkyuusei to a conclusion on a happy note. Thank you very much everyone for helping support me!"
    Tokumitsu: "Make sure to aim into the Yama no Kami 7" [note: Yama no Kami is the name given to the runners racing in the 5th and final stage of the Hakone Ekiden, which happens to stretch uphill on a steep mountain path. A brief explanation of it is in the Japanese Wikipedia. It goes without saying that this is a wordplay with Kami 7.]
    Nanako: "Understood! I'll work on it and aim to be the Yama no Megami" [note: same as before, this is the name given to female runners competing in an uphill stage of ekiden]

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114320
    Nakai: "I'm NGT48 Nakai Rika. Everyone who voted for me and supported me -- and by the way also for having me take the first place on Showroom -- thank you. Since I was busy competing also on Showroom at the same time, I am really happy that I got to the 37th place. Thank you so much. However, I, well, made a screw-up. On Thursday morning I had four reporters gathering around me and they had an on-the-spot interview with me. The so-called Bunshun Bazooka. I took the blow from it with my whole body. At the time I wasn't wearing neither a cap nor a mask, I might look bad on photo, I had just woken up from sleep. I slept a lot. Really sorry for that. It dawned on me that stuff like this happens because you stick out like a sore thumb like that. But, well, let me say one last thing. Lots of stuff happens even as an idol. Thank you!"
    Announcer: "Are you fine making a declaration like this?"
    Nakai: "I screwed up. sorry about that. A lot of things happened, but you'll understand it later. I screwed up."
    Tokumitsu: "You can't tell it right now?"
    Nakai: "Right now... Well, after all has been revealed feel free to lash out about it on the Internet."
    Tokumitsu: "Are you going to continue being an idol?"
    Nakai: "I think I will try being an idol for as long as possible."
    Tokumitsu: "Even an idol like you has a purpose. I think an idol like you is actually loved."
    Nakai: "Really? But anyway, I have to thank my fans. So, thank you."

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114352
    Katomina: "I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Captain Katomina, Kato Minami. A sincere thank you to all those who supported and voted for me. Speaking of me, at last year's Sousenkyo NGT48 had experienced a great breakthrough, and since then I had been thinking intensely if there was any way for me to give my own contribution. Seeing as how everyone was working hard with a commitment times and times stronger than mine, thinking of it I realized I didn't want to slack behind them at this point, and so I put my all into catching up to them. And in a frenzied way, without forgetting to hold the other members in high esteem, I can say I managed to get up to speed. And then, here I received this wonderful 30th place. Having become NGT48's Captain, I want to show myself in a new form to the people outside and to do so I am going to treat the members in NGT48 with much more respect than anyone else would, definitely do believe in me, please. I want to see smiles on the faces of every person who's rooting for NGT48, so even from now on please keep giving NGT your support! I'll work hard to become someone who'll defend NGT48 with my presence. So everyone, while I might still be not yet full-fledged at it, please welcome me as Captain Kato Minami!"
    Tokumitsu: "Congratulations for this. What do you think was the biggest change inside of NGT48 since last year?"
    Katomina: "The fact there has been the graduation of Rie-san, Kitahara Rie-san, and that Kashiwagi-san is barely ever present with us. Inside of NGT48 we have hardly any senpais of our own. We only have two of them in fact, but up until now we 1st generation members had been raised watching these senpais as a model, so now we 1st generation members too intend to get working in our activites with firmness. With the 2nd generation members also joining us, please do keep giving us your support."
    Tokumitsu: "I see. Congratulations!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114374
    Tokumitsu: "And here we have the 24th place winner, Nishigata Marina-san. It was truly a jump up, wasn't it?"
    Gatanee: "To everyone who cast their vote for me, supported me, not to mention all the population of Niigata prefecture, thank you. I'm NGT48 Team NIII's Gatanee, Nishigata Marina. ... By giving so much help to someone like me who can't hope to accomplish anything on my own, by standing on my side to encourage me, it's thanks to every single one of you that I could stand up where I am now. From now on too, I'll keep doing my best aiming to become who I wish to be. So please continue supporting me. Moreover, since last year I couldn't do it, please let me do my catchphrase here! ... Shall we start? Niigata!"
    Everyone: "Nishigata!"
    Gatanee: "Thank you! ... Sorry, let's do it one more time! Niigata!"
    Everyone: "Nishigata!"
    Gatanee: "Thank you!"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114394
    Miharu: "Thank you very much. I'm NGT48 Mihachan, Nara Miharu from the Aomori prefecture. To everyone who voted for me and supported me, thank you! Truly, to find myself here, holding such a sparkly trophy while I get to stand in front of everyone giving my speech, it really feels like something out of a dream. I am a 1st generation member of NGT48, but after joining in the 1st generation I have been working in our activities for three years as a Kenkyuusei up until now. And then, on the next July at last I will be promoted in my position, and at last I will also go on to become part of Team G, but... I am 20 years old, and so there's much I feel insecure about. There are plenty of things I couldn't help worrying over. Last year, many members from NGT48 managed to rank in, but I myself couldn't. It was nothing but frustrating things. But by also being awarded this 21st place, now there are lot of things that have served to give confidence in myself. I will make sure not to let the feelings I have received from you be in vain, and I'll do my best so that many new people outside will get to know who Nara Miharu is. Please support me through this."
    Announcer: "This is not a mere dream, though..."

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25114414
    Hinatan: "To everyone who have cast their vote at this Sousenkyo, and who have supported me, my sincere thanks. I'm NGT48's Homma Hinata. Personally speaking, following the Sousenkyo last year, I have received a great variety of opportunities. In the 3rd single 'Haru wa Doko kara Kuru no ka', I had the chance of being the center. The Sousenkyou has the power of changing one's life as an idol. During this one year period, I could experience this fact on myself firsthand. NGT48 is, right now, on the brink of changing anew. With Captain Kitahara Rie-san having already graduated, we the 1st generation members need to take the reins in our hands. Those are the times we are in. Inside the current NGT48 group, there are a great many members with distinct personalities that are incredibly strong. While there are people who stand up to protect others, there are also people who, albeit in a good sense, stand to demolish things instead. (audience laughs) But regardless, every single one of them are to me my dearest companions. (audience's applause) To be able to enter in the Senbatsu also this time and getting to stand once again on this stage makes me truly, truly joyful. For this reason, there's one thing I have resolved to do. (audience gasps) I will be the one who'll help building up the NGT48 that is coming next. Therefore, people of the Niigata prefecture, as well as people supporting NGT48, I plead you, continue to give us your support. I'll personally do my utmost to make sure that NGT48 will go on to become the strongest group among the 48 Groups, so please keep supporting us. Thank you very much for today."
    Tokumitsu: "She is truly an orthodox idol that Niigata can be proud of, Homma Hinata-san. Diligent and frank. My truest congratulations!"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Thanks @Cisalpine88 for the translations.

As a fan who voted for those that ranked, I am very pleased with their speeches and how they carried themselves in public.

As for Nakai, I hope she would stay in NGT48 and learn to make amends. The NGT48 members are very frank with each other and I would like Nakai to earn back the respect she has lost in the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Thank you so much for translating man! It means so much you're always doing this for us, the international fanbase, to bring us one step closer in understanding our favorite group/member!! Really, thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Link seems to be broken twice, not just by extra "http:// ", but also by being offline. Am I too late?

20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    ^
    Actually, this issue has already been pointed out to me earlier today, but yeah, I guess it's too late. If you want, you can still easily match it using a copy of the Sousenkyo broadcast if you have it on your HD, and time it based on other bits of voice from Hinatan's speech (even in the backstage SR, the part where she says "taisetsu na nakama desu" can be clearly heard right after that point). It seems all the other Bilibili links of the individual speeches have also been made unavailable by now, oh well... ┐(´ー`)┌

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2