1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Keyakizaka46 Message: Mobame

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by 4noki, May 7, 2018.

1. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    The Keyakizaka46 Message app started up in the August of 2018. In short terms, it's mobame, a subscription service where you subscribe to a member and receive messages (text, photo, video, voice) for 300 jpy/month. You can also send letters to the members for 120 jpy/letter (as of May 2018).

You can find a guide to how to sign up if you're an ios user here.
    It might be different for android users. You can download the app through the app store or from the site (or QooApp, etc.). Personally, I have an android smartphone and linked my account for the mobame app to my Twitter account.

Nonetheless, so you've downloaded the app. But, what next?

Naturally, it's to subscribe to the members you want to subscribe to. However, sometimes, it's difficult to decide who to subscribe to. You might subscribe to your oshimen. You might not have a specific oshimen. You might want to get lots of messages, or you might look forward to selfies and videos.

What members do you recommend subscribing to?
    What were your experiences subscribing to ______ member?

I want to ask those questions so I can make up my mind on who to subscribe to. And, it'd probably be helpful information for anyone who has an intention of subscribing to a member's mobame but is stuck.

I'll start off. Although some of the info is a bit outdated since I sometimes just sub to a member for a month and check out another member.

Overall, Manaka is one of the members who doesn't send much. Unfortunately, due to poor health and other situations, she has gone on hiatus, so subscribing to her mobame at the moment would be mostly symbolic and if you wanted to send a letter.

November 2017 (from Nov. 2 to end of month): Photos (7), Videos (2)
    December 2017 (start of month to Jan. 1): Photos (6)

Her photos include maybe 50% selfies/pictures with members, 10% handwritten messages, 40% misc. items
    These numbers are more of a gut feeling type estimate though.

March 2018: Photos (1) **the picture of Techi with melon pan
    April 2018: 0 messages
    May 2018: 1 apology message about the hiatus

The highlight of Oda Nana's mobame for me was her emoji usage. Quite a lot of members send some sort of "good morning" "good night" type messages, but Oda Nana changed up the emojis for her greetings, some emojis being rather funny.

She talks about all sorts of things. Other members, book reccs, the events that are happening at the moment, food, etc.

November 2017: Photos (35), Video (2)

Oda Nana's selfies were also really great. There was a pretty large amount of selfies. She also posted pictures of items and food, etc.

December 2017: Photos (22), Video (6)

Nov. 2017: Photos (~13), Video (~5)
    Dec. 2017: Photos (14), Video (6), Voice (1)

Photos include selfies, pics with members, misc. items.
    Her text messages have a Neru-tension to them. I don't know how to describe it, but Neru's mobame was pretty satisfying.

Nijika is actually great, so everyone should love her. That's the type of thing I think sometimes. The mentioned below is information for April-May 2018.

She sends extremely cute selfies (Nijika in pajamas is really cute), pictures of food, some pictures with other members, and dog pictures. She also sends some videos. Since Hyokkorihan is trending in Japan, she's sent videos of her doing that as well as some other things.

Her text messages are the daily life anecdote type. They're interesting and cute. (She mentioned her relationship with Suzumoto, something I didn't know before).

Similar to Fuu-chan, in Nijika's mobame, you get to see a more excited Nijika than on tv, letting you see another side of this girl.

Ozeki style~! She sent a lot of daily life interesting anecdote type things that didn't fail to amuse. (There was a funny one about a boiled egg, Yuipon, and trying to use her head to crack it.)

Late Jan-Late Feb, one month period starting 1/25/18: Photos (28)

Her pictures included: food, her own cooking, lots of pictures with other members, a few with only herself, a strange tension handwritten message, misc. items.

Maybe it's that Fuu-chan doesn't really get all that much screen time, but she's surprisingly high tension in her mobame. She uses emojis to refer to members. And, overall, there's some feeling that you're discovering a new side of Fuu-chan.

Early March- Early April 2018: Photos (4), Video (1)

I can't count how much she sends. But, I've seen her mobame since around November 2017 if I remember correctly. I can say that she sends a lot, but not too much to the point that it becomes overwhelming. How to say? Zuumin really loves us.

Typically around handshake event season, she'll send messages of "Wait for me" "I'm sorry you had to wait" "Thank you for coming," and she'll also upload lots of pictures. It's really nice even for those who aren't able to attend the handshake events as she'll also talk about how she plans to decorate her lane. Zuumin makes origami/poster decorations for the handshake lanes and uploads them frequently.

She sends a large amount of pictures, lots of selfies (very cute ones, I might say). And also, pictures of her dog, Happy. You'll end up becoming a Happy-fan from her mobame, I think.

Her text messages range through a lot of things. There's the basic handshake event messages, but there's also funny daily anecdotes (muscle training, muscle training), music that she likes, stories about her dog, stories about the past, and long messages where she pours out her emotions and worries.

Zuumin apologizes a bit more than I feel like she needs to sometimes.

She doesn't send many videos/voice, but she does it once in a while.

She used to do a Q&A section, but she's stopped doing that now. However, she tells you a lot about her stuff in her mobame, so you can still find out a lot of interesting things through her mobame. In fact, she talks about some weird things that I doubt would even come up in Q&A.

I totally recommend subbing to Zuumin.

Koike's starting sending less since the time that I subscribed to her, so I can't say that this information is really all that accurate right now. However, in January, Koike no Miichan sent a lot.

She wrote a Q&A section, which was very detailed. You could find out a lot of interesting new things about Koike, which is one of my favorite things about Q&A sections. Most of her messages were text messages, not so many pictures (although she did send some)

She also talked about daily life occurrences that were cute and interesting. (Complaints about Dani, Penguin Big Service Dad stories, etc.)

In January, Koike sent a lot though. I couldn't handle that much. She tended to send in chunks, sending a lot at a time while not sending for a short bit. So, it was kind of difficult to finish reading all her anecdotes (even though they were so interesting!). In the end, it took me a week after my subscription ended for me to finish reading all her messages.

I don't think that should be a problem anymore as she now sends less (according to the stats). Also, the factors in my inability to handle the amount also included: my mediocre Japanese fluency + limited time to read mobame (I do it on the bus in the morning).

Although Manafi is my Hiragana 1st gen oshimen, I don't really have much to say. She sent lots of selfies, some videos, and a good amount of pictures with other members. She also sent messages (text and picture) that soothed my ManaMemi shipping heart.

However, Manafi sometimes also posted her mobame photos to her blog.

**information relevant from March 2018

In general, you can say that the Hiragana 2nd members send a lot because they don't have their own personal blog. Nao sends a lot as well, but not enough that you would get overwhelmed. She typically sends messages everyday.

She talks about daily life, food, lots of food, what events are going on at the moment, and she has a Q&A section. The Q&A section is currently on question 121, but she hasn't really talked about that recently. (May 2018)

She sends more text messages than photos/videos/voice, but she does send all three of the other things now and then. They're really wonderful.

However, I would say that the charm point of Nao's mobame is her Q&A. You'd never think that Nao's actually a bit of a little glutton character from the cool way she appears sometimes, but... she talked about food a lot. It's kind of a self-perpetuating cycle since the food talk leads to food questions which leads to food talk, but it's definitely cute and endearing.

Overall, the ones I recommend the most are Zuumin and Nao.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thanks for posting this! :)

Around October last year I finally figured out how to subscribe from a US android phone (my instructions here), and thought I would do an experiment. I'd seen the message rate charts like you posted, but I wanted to add more data like the types and quality of messages each member sends (like is it mostly just "good morning" or is there interesting content). So I subscribed to every member and would gather data for a month. But then they added the 2nd gens, so I added all of them too and started the timer over, but then I got busy, and well, I still haven't put that analysis together. But um, I am still subscribed to every member. :^^;:

So maybe I will use your great example and post some impressions of other members. Or if people have questions let me know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  3. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    @SaitoWinterStar I'd love to hear some impressions~ (also, it must cost a lot to sub to everyone XD) Especially on Suzumoto and Risa.

Oversized photos removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2019
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I started off subscribing to Suzumoto, Hirate, Neru and Memi. Hirate posts almost never, and Suzumoto hasn't posted for a long time now. Writing is not their thing. So now I'm down to Neru and Memi.

Neru
    posts about an average number of posts for a Kanji, just under a couple a day, on average, some from daily life and photos of herself or with others, some talking about music and books she likes, etc. Good stuff. As we know from her blog, she can actually write.

Memi
    doesn't post a lot. An average of 1-2 posts a day (none some days, four some days). Some of her posts have terrific photos of herself in them, and she can make some smart little personal comments, so I'm really happy I subscribe. She's actually my favorite member. I've liked her clarity and straightforwardness (and cuteness) ever since her auditions two years ago. And she is now gaining confidence and showing what she can do, especially on the TV shows.

Hiraganas, especially the 2gens, post a lot more than Kanjis do, as the table posted above by @4noki shows.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  5. glsone

glsone Member

The only member I'm subbed to that is not already summarized is Miyata Manamo so I guess I'll chime in for her. She posts very frequently as the charts above show, but what they do not show is the length of her messages. They are as long as they are frequent, often full paragraphs. She clearly enjoys writing and she has a big vocab gained from her love of reading which she very often talks about; what books she's reading, what stores shes going to to look for new books. I really struggle through some of her messages since my understanding is fairly poor, but it's definitely a good learning experience.

She sends a good morning message every morning with her horoscope info, what her lucky color is and how she plans on incorporating it in her day. If she ever misses a morning message she always sends an apology message later. Then throughout the day she'll chime in about her daily stuff and give pictures of usually just herself but some other members mainly Akari. And she sends a goodnight message with a brief recap of what she did for the day. She sometimes does a Q&A session.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    I subbed to Koike again and Yuuka.

With Koike: she still sends a lot in spurts. So for a few days, there's nothing, but then there's a lot. Mostly random anecdotes and Q&A. Her Q&A is really interesting, and she answers questions from fans that are like: "I have xxx issue, what should I do?" Koike-penguin-therapist.

With Sugai: sends lots of selfies and videos including those of Tom (her cat). Her mobame is really good if you're interested in getting pictures and videos (super cute ones too!), but so far, most of the text messages are about promotions, shows, SR, events, radio etc. that she's involved in. It seems that she has a Q&A corner too, but she doesn't do it very often (as the last time she did it, she said that it's a "question corner on a whim after a long time")

Not specifically on a member, but the Keyaki Message app updated recently. Now there's an English interface available too... I actually prefer the Japanese interface, but it automatically when to English when the app updated for me since my phone is in English. I'm so used to the old GUI that this new thing is super weird lol

Now, you can't screenshot or screen record mobame either. For me, I can still screenshot the pictures sent but nothing else. Kind of sad, but I guess it makes sense.

7. glsone

glsone Member

Thanks for the warning I'll put off updating as long as I can now.

8. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

ehh, I got forced to upgrade today. But my phone is rooted, so no big deal.

9. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Wait so you are saying that screenshots and such are unavailable on this new version (the one with the Eng interface)? I am on the edge of subscribing XD

10. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    The latest update (today on android) re-enabled in-app screenshots!

11. glsone

glsone Member

Excellent news, videos appear to still be blocked though. But if they changed this maybe there's hope video recording will come back too.

12. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

I subscribed to Kyoko around January of this year. Despite being in Hiragana, Kyoko's subscribers rank in the top ten. This is rather long and probably a waste of time to read unless you are actually considering subscribing to Kyoko.

I highly recommend Kyoko message. She has a strange tension so often a fan's first impression of her can be incorrect. Her message is almost required as she hardly speaks during concert MC or on variety but she writes the most out of all the members of Keyakizaka. She fairly often sends messages targeting her female fans. Kyoko's messages are easy to read.

Kyoko's message count is number one nearly every month. She is only ever toppled by Miho. Many fans cannot read it all. Kyoko responds to complaints by pressuring fans to keep up.

Most days the content is trivial or business related. Kyoko seems to have no hobbies besides ramen or karaoke and she almost never goes outside. She will inform you of every media appearance she makes. She gets extra flirty around handshake application time. She uses a high voice most of the time she speaks. There is a high amount of pictures, videos and calls. Many pictures are exclusive to her message.

The highlight of Kyoko message is her day of 100 messages. She said, this year, she will send 100 messages in a single day once a month. So far, she has done it. Even when she was very busy with the tour. She often provides impressions of songs, choreography, and variety episodes. Fans tend to respect her opinions on song quality. Recently, she sent 18 calls (in normal Kyoko voice) giving her impressions of each new song on the Gana album. So, she fluctuates between purely fan service and serious business related discussion.

Kyoko is a fisher so her pictures are mainly either cute, flirty or ones without make-up/natural make-up. For example, “今日のくちびる” or "Today's lips" pictures have a close shot of just her lips. Personally, my favorite pictures are during concerts. She will often send a picture just before the concert starts from backstage. And a lot of pictures from backstage after the show.

I'd like to hear about Miku, Suzuka, Ayaka or Iguchi if anyone cares to write about them.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  13. keyaki daisuki

keyaki daisuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Anyone have information about akane/Kobayashi/nanako/kanemura and miho
    I will be very thankful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Damn everyone be asking about Kanemura.

I’m actually real interested too as I’m only subscribed to Kyoko and Zummin as of now. If anyone needs info on them feel free to ask!

15. keyaki daisuki

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    How often is zuumin post every day and kyoko

16. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Zummin is more slow and she doesn't really post daily. In spurts. Pics are rare but still appear. Worth value is like 7/10 if you just like her not oshi. I personally think it's a 9/10 for me as she is pretty high up in my favorite Kyz46 members, so I'm fine with the small amount of messages

Kyoko... well she is on another level. She basically sends good morning and good night without fail, and lots of rando messages scattered throughout (often about ramen). She sends a crap ton of pics, and as for vids, they happen quite often too (ex. for this Keyaki Republic she sent lots of behind the scenes). Oh and don't forget she sends voice messages too. I say that Kyoko is worth 10/10. You get to experience everything mobame promises lmao.

17. keyaki daisuki

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    So on average how much does zuumin send in a day or week or month

Also if anyone know or have the latest data regarding the messages sent each month by members could you please upload?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  18. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    June 2018:
    oQ3h3QN.jpg

July 2018 so far:
    u8r6hXa.jpg

Source is 5ch.

19. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

It's been about a year since the service started. Someone posted all the data so far. Source is 5ch again.

QBImOaY.jpg

20. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Hi has anyone tried sending a fan letter? How does that work? Do they reply?

• Like Like x 1