The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I'm stuck in the Nagoya shinkansen now because of the earthquake directly hitting Osaka 3 hours ago.

They say there is going to be a another similar size going to hit in Kansai in the next few days.

I was finishing watching the Hinachan showroom and the last minute cut off because Osaka was shaking so hard that I even felt it in Nagoya.

https://twitter.com/fielgod1114/status/1008501689677070336

2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

A 9 year old died in the earthquake... :cry:

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Wow, an earthquake on Monday morning in the Kansai region. The last thing to hear, especially with the fact that at least three people have been killed. :fp:

Magnitude 6.1 might not seem too much, but considering how shallow the earthquake was, it was felt much stronger. :fp:

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah...The little girl was on her way to school...:(

I mean in Nagoya it was rated a magnitude 4 and it felt like there was a person beside my bed was having a seizure for a solid minute.

I can imagine how terrifying it was for people in Osaka right underneath them during their sleep. And looking at the pics and videos people posting on media, it was quite strong. Houses were on fire, walls and tiles falling off buildings, water pipes exploding and roads shattering all over. Given this to another countries there might be more casualties since an earthquake directly hitting a metropolitan is the worst nightmare for anyone.

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've seen some mention on Twitter that any foreign tourists affected by the earthquake and who need help can contact the Osaka Call Center by going to the following page and clicking on the 'Call Free' button at the bottom:

http://ofw-oer.com/call/en/

Various languages are spoken including English, Chinese, Korean and Spanish. Hopefully though nobody on this board who is currently in Japan has been caught up in any major difficulties today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Japan national team have to win tomorrow and dedicate to the victims of Osaka earthquake. They're gonna face Colombia. Believe me, Colombia's defense is bad.

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Have to take this with a grain of salt, but this - or worse - could happen...we have got to be prepared for this!

8. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

It depends on whether this one is a foreshock or the next one is an aftershock. Whatever it is, they will be prepared for it.

The poor girl.
    So young.
    Pity the parents too. :cry:

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    RIP XXXTentacion. The soundcloud rapper was shot & killed last night. He was only 20.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  12. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Wow, Shinji Kagawa scored.
    Used to watch a lot of him with Borussia Dortmund.

13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Man, I'm having a hard time sleeping.

Just slept for 2 hours and then I suddenly woke up not feeling sleepy then I looked at the time and it was still 1 in the night

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    What we can learn from this world cup is that we can serve our nation tho we're aboard or even become citizen of another country.

2 players of Switzerland, Granit Xhaka & Xherdan Shaqiri, they play for Switzerland but they fight for Kosovo, where their parents came from to escape Balkan war. Switzerland was facing Serbia that some can consider, the crime of the war. Xhaka & Shaqiri both scored and celebrated with Albanian gesture.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Xhaka-Shaqiri.jpg

Well, this is indeed political & a punishment will come to them, but maybe it's just a fine and they're rich enough to pay it in an instant.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This isn't really a dump, but then it is not really an AKB48 specific question (nor a P48 specific question).

Why do the members say "Fighting!"? I know it is from the Chinese 加油(jiāyóu), to add gas or fuel, but it has nothing to do with fighting. It is a cheer to support your friends in a sports competition or more generally in life, often accompanied by a fist pump. However, when I watch Chinese programs that are subbed, 加油 is often translated as "fighting." Is this a British English thing? I would never think of yelling fighting at a football match or at a track meet. I would either just yell "go" or "go for it" or "go Steelers!" The closest I would come to using the word fight would be if I were at a USC football and cheering for them rather than against them, and would yell "Fight On!" but not fighting.

Fight On for ol’ SC
    Our men Fight On to victory.
    Our Alma Mater dear, looks up to you
    Fight On and win for ol’ SC
    Fight On to victory. Fight On!

https://about.usc.edu/traditions/official-fight-song/

Can anyone explain what to me is a mystery?

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Lol, my alma mater's fight song in a 48G fan forum.:1st: That said....

You explained it yourself, unknowingly.

It is essentially the same usage.

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That makes it sound like “fighting” is a mispronunciation of “fight on.” I understand the usage but not the word choice.

18. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I've heard it used in Korean, they say "fighting" or as usually written out "hwaiting", this most likely went on to Japanese as I've only recently seen its usage. Although I wonder if it came first in Korean or Chinese now...

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've often heard Thai people say 'fighting'. There's also a Thai word สู้ๆ ('susu') which means 'fighting', and apparently that also comes from the Chinese 加油(jiāyóu) which seems to be confirmed by a quick search on Google.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I just heard it on PD48 (preview of Ep 3?) and it is clear that is exactly what the Koreans are saying.