1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    she's on sakura's triangle though.

2. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I haven't watched ep1 but I've watched ep2 and it was really interesting. Some of the highlights are :
    1. After the first evaluation, we can see those trainees that really worked hard/deserved higher ranks which I believe is bc they kinda chose the wrong songs to perform during the first evaluation lol
    2. I was already expecting great vocals from Goto Moe from the AKBINGO episodes where they showcased their vocals so that was satisfying to watch, not to mention she is currently F-rank
    3. Tbh like the majority, I expected Jurina to get an A and Sakura a B or C. I bet Jurina would get an A with a better choreography imo.
    4. Nako is incredible! I've never focused on her before but she really can sing and dance.
    5. Last but not least, Myao speaking korean to a lost korean in their room lmao that was really entertaining to watch the korean's reaction, go Myao!!

From the preview for ep3, looks like we can expect a great performance from each units!

3. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

erii dances like she has two left feet. i've just seen too many theater performances, and i don't know if its because wotas just don't care or the fact that the other members babied her, but she's one of the worst 48g performers ive ever seen. paruru and macharin were better. i believe age does play a factor. erii was 11 or 12 years old when she joined, and that may be why the other members babied her and let her get away with some things. not saying erii doesn't give effort, but she will need the help of god and buddha to acquire any sort of rhythm. sohye was a much better dancer (sohye actually got dance lessons before joining p101, there's video floating around yt of her in a dance class).

i have a ton of respect for erii, she's in another country, can't speak the language in a bootcamp survival show and she isn't backing down. seeing how mentally tough she is brought tears to my eyes. surviving until the end of the program would be a huge accomplishment for her.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing is that, following the judging they had done up to that point, her skills weren't close to A at all.
    She was obviously between B and C, if anything.

The editing tried to show her as the best of the 48G: some slow motion here, some repetitions there and a whole lot of reactions from the trainees (who were probably reacting to something else), when in reality that performance had nothing spectacular like some other girls who got in A.

Sure, she learnt the song in Korean, but that's a memory skill, not a dancing or vocal one.

So, she is being shown as the best just so she survives the first bunch of eliminations.
    And by the time we get to the 1 person = 1 vote period, she'll be seen as the saviour of Japan and people will vote for her.

Meh, NEXT!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  6. kero__kero

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Almost everyone already loves her, but she has to show improvements for them not to drop her. Like what Sohye did. She actually caught my attention the first time I saw her on the Nekkoya performance. She really has potential if she just work hard enough.

—-
    I doubt Mnet will give Sakura the bad edit, she’s practically an angel to everyone’s eyes, the hardworker, the saviour, the fast learner, the miracle trainee, AKB’s ace, the inspiration etc. I mean, I think everyone worked hard, most of them memorize the Korean version too y’know, most of them cried and had their share of hardships too, it’s just that... it wasn’t shown on broadcasts. :fear:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    If you did than you must've seen the girls not even bothering to remember Japanese lyrics or others seriously messing up their dances.
    Sakura's voice and stuff might not have been the best, but as far as we're shown, she did way better compared to others. Now this would be a different conversation if more people mastered the dance and both lyrics.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You know I'm right tho

misc_1525971870_w3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

That is very true, shes definitely not a very good dancer. But its probably due to lack of proper training. As they said in Episode 1, the JPN trainees practically have to train themselves and never get any real individual training. But Im sure that if she did make it to the final group (which is a longshot) she would eventually get better with intense training (as anyone would).

The best part of the show so far, was when the singing coach gave all the trainees individual tips and technqiues, just look at how much Manami improved in her singing after his help. Due to how big AKB is, I highly doubt they would get any of that kind of training in 48G (the 15th Gen/Team 8 bootcamp simply doesn't compare.).

I always got the feeling that in Jpop, its only about how cute and humble you can look, where as Kpop tends to value the talent of singing and dancing much more. Kpop also tends to be more compatible and popular in the west, where as Jpop on the other hand is still seen as 'strange'. which to be fair, it kind of is from a western perspective.

• Like Like x 4
  11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

wow ok I agree with you actually. but the last part is what makes me really want to support her. I think she really has it.

ANYWAY, I must say that I finally get Juri's appeal after watching this show. I've been wondering for three years and now I finally get it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    When will your faves tbh
    [​IMG]
    Wiggling her way into your hearts :awesome:

• Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Old x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You meant Wiggling her way to 3rd in the SSK even tho she pulled every trick in the book?

[​IMG]

• Winner x 14
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @Shirase Miyuki I find funny that with so many people saying the same thing I have to repeat mine and their words, but anyway... we saw what MNET let us see, so, like I already wrote, I'd wish I could see all the re-evaluation videos since Sakura wasn't better than others, with people ohhing and ahhing exactly like the 1st evaluation.... it's not enough.
    Like I said, MNET needs to be more subtle because there're tons of girls perhaps less pretty, but with more skills.
    And this is my opinion.

Meanwhile I rewatched the re-evaluations part fully and they shown 21 trainees at first; 9 48s and 12 koreans.
    Sakura was the only japanese A-Class to be shown. Since we all are aware of Miyu's talent, I'd really would have loved to see her at least try and make a comparision perhaps, seeing how Miyu was literally used to push Sakura during voice class.

Then, they show us the actual video plus trainer commentary and we have 18 korean video, some of which very good, and 11 japanese... also some of which very good, even if most video were just 2 seconds long.... and still no Miyu.
    Jurina too was missing, I didn't noticed the first time.
    On the other hand they shown Moe, Nako, Honda (which I'm discovering only now and I'm extremely grateful for it :worthy:) and Motomura being good enough, even if my heart's vote goes to Queen Saho, of course. [hehe]

Tomu is another one I don't follow but read she's good, so it surprises me the fact she's missing from re-evaluation.

As for Erii, she's on my list, but I too think she'll not make in the group except if she works really hard for it. But like for the others this can be a great chance to set their minds and pretend different things from themselves and the world they are part of.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Guess who centered Hachinosu Dance in today's mini concert. Shitao slay that performance as good as Yokochan.

if the video does not show watch the video here

But after they wiggle I was like :fp: dafu:censored: is this

Back to the topic.
    I think the scene where wigglechan face off Gaeun like doing janken, is when they want to decide who will center the first performance.
    As we know Sakura is the center of the first platform and Gauen on the second platform. Whatever...I am more interested to see how Honda secure her place at number 2 position at second platform just behind Gaeun. :banana:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    They should upload the re eval videos by next week right? I didn't follow 101 when it aired so I don't know the exact timing.
    But you can find most of the re evals from seasons 1 and 2 on YT. Even those that were not shown in the episode (Chungha's for example was impressive).

17. konyopnyoko

konyopnyoko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    got this nekkoya final line up-position (A - D Class).
    just wondering why too many trainee from A Class on this line-up lol.

• Informative Informative x 5
  18. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I agree, especially all the heavy pushing might garner some hate even if a good response follows as well (in Sakura's case, people ending up liking her but others also didn't like the obvious push).

A-Class vocal lesson was definitely the most obvious case where pretty much everyone was shown being scolded BUT Sakura. But I also blame Soyou since those scenes didn't seem to make her seem like a good vocal coach, all she did was scold and didn't teach the trainees (except Sakura) how to fix their mistakes. I mean, maybe she did but it just wasn't shown due to the storyline I guess. I just don't want Mnet's push to backfire. I don't mind the push as much because Sakura is my fav in this show so I don't mind seeing her but I don't want her to get hated on for that since it's not her fault. I also understand why others would be frustrated by that since their favs aren't getting even a portion of the attention they'd deserve either.

The girls aren't the ones editing the show so even for Miyu, she could be hitting high notes every second of the day but if Mnet doesn't want to show her then :(
    they just have to pray that Mnet will give them some (useful) screentime. And if Mnet doesn't like them/want them in the group, then they can just ruin the girls' images with their editing

I saw some people dislike Jo Yuri after her comment about Sakura getting an A but I think that was evil-edited. She was probably talking about her own grade since in the interview since she already had her grade on the nametag but during Sakura's evaluation, Yuri didn't get graded yet. I don't really care for her tho

There's still some hope for the other girls who lack screentime but they need to make a huge impact tho. Doyeon made it into the final top11 with only like 3 minutes of screentime in the ENTIRE first season.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Calani Yukimay

Calani Yukimay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't think it's Jo Yuri. She's great and sings great. Altho personally I don't like her
    Tell me who is it!! :^^;:
    My guess she's HOW's Minyoung(?)

LOL the aggresive koknekko never fail to impress me

Aargghh seeing this I can't wait to see how Nako and Aoitan slays everyone

20. kero__kero

i'm shaking. need to see video asap

on the topic of shitao, this video was uploaded recently and it has me shook. your two darkhorse candidates for center are right here:

justice for these two!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4