1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Seasonal Sakamichi Polls: Popularity Tournament - the Sakamichi Cup now running

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Back row kenkyuusei looks like a normal Nogi Under back row... *sigh*
    I wish Chiharu got as much attention during her 7 years as she did in this poll...
    Keyaki fans are more hard core...
    2nd Gens get no love...

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yes, omg, now that you mention it. Nogi unders got very little love here. I think Keyaki fans are more DD than Nogi fans and Keyaki members benefited. Incidentally I think this is a time thing. Nogi fans were more that way in the past. I think Keyaki fans are gradually changing too.

Re: bots. There were originally 330k votes but I deleted votes I was confident were bot votes until there were only 90k remaining. Sure, there was probably a lot of collateral damage and there are probably a lot of cleverly hidden bot votes remaining but I'm moderately confident in the results.
    But I definitely wont be doing this again. I did have some ideas on how to fight bots I was very proud of, but the form was so busy it wouldn't let me edit so
    I couldn't use them. You guys (probably mostly the botters) overworked Google's servers. That's hardcore.

If I am going to do this again, I'm going to use polling software that lets me add a captcha. It'd be annoying but it would be annoying for everyone and 1 vote would carry more weight, hopefully encouraging more people who wouldn't participate because of powervoters to give a casual vote or two.
    This might mean I have to pay for it, but I'd be willing to do that if it meant a fair system that was fun for everyone. I really enjoyed this poll when I wasn't worried about bots. I'd love to do it again if I can get rid of that problem.

Any feedback on this or hope for regular polls? Would you like this to become regular? Say once or twice a year?
    I'm looking to move onto another poll. The regular popularity one be in Aug/Sep so any requests in the mean time? I already have a list but I'm always looking for ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I liked it, and I wouldn't mind seeing this poll return.

Isn't it possible to add Google's reCaptcha on those forms?
    You could also set up a self hosted webpage with a form on a server somewhere, with more options to secure it through captcha's and also ip-blocking, rate limiting.... but I also understand those measures take the fun away.

4. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Google forms had an option for reCaptcha before but it's gone now. I don't know why they removed it but they had it last time I had checked, so I believed I could add it if I felt it was necessary. Then, when I went to do it, I realised it was gone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sakamichi Series Emergency Senbatsu Bonus Poll summer '18 is now open!

As the senbatsu for Nogi's next single will be revealed this Sunday I have decided to rush out a new bonus poll about senbatsu predictions and hopes.
    Keyakizaka ARE included.
    There's a few little questions but this is all about choosing senbatsu based on what you think will happen and what will happen.
    It's a little repetitive but it's not very long so I hope everyone voices their opinions.

You also have the chance at getting the closest prediction and the glory that comes with it.

Enjoy!

https://goo.gl/forms/OPbZDMfWi83rv5iE3

6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sakamichi Survey Winter 2019

Back for another survey after half a year!

Back to basics with this one. Popularity and a few misc questions.
    Simple and, I hope, fun. I hope you don't mind if I added a little humour.

https://goo.gl/forms/8RdJUMzIv3CBTqsG2

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Question for all those who placed a dislike on a member. How do you quantify your vote? Is it just, "this member annoys me?" Or is it, "I hate this member so much I wish the earth would open up and swallow her whole?"

8. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I gave three myself. I won't say who because I want to be neutral while the poll is still open. Hard to quantify but they're people who've done something that affects other members and I feel annoyed at them for it. A bit stronger than "she annoys me", but close enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I hope you don't mind me answering as well, as someone who did the survey but didn't place a dislike.

The reason I didn't (and never have before) is because for me, a dislike is justified when I think a member is an unpleasant person to begin with (because of her mindset, behavior, attitude, etc.). Not when there is an occasional annoyance. Of course, I don't know how members behave in private or behind the scenes. Considering what I do know, there is no reason for me to dislike any of them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Thanks for this. My one dislike is justified.
    I still believe "hate" is a heavy word to use, describing how I feel about a particular member/s. I don't need to hate a member. It's a waste of energy. I also can't call it a simple annoyance.
    If I see a member who's like "me, me, me" and I feel she doesn't offer much on the table (singles/concerts/variety). I'm like 'why haven't you graduate yet?' That's an easy name to write, imo.

Edit: we see things differently, so that's another thing.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  11. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

If I remember correctly, I gave 5. Two of them (if you look at some posts in my history, it isn't hard to guess who they are) I honestly really hate, not as hard as you said, but enough to wish that they graduate and I never hear anything about them again. It's a combination of multiple things, a lot of which has to do with personal ideology and experiences regarding the member's actions, but, in any case, it's the member as a whole.
    However (since there weren't different ratings or categories or such things), I also added the members that I simply dislike based on trivial things (appearence and character), and whom I can't say I have anything against but at the same I can't say I enjoy watching them on shows etc and I never watch their individual stuff.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

I gave 4 dislikes. I would say, mostly it's the personality that I would dislike. Not that I wish for graduations, or the earth to swallow them up though.

13. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

For me, a "dislike" (at least for Nogi and Hiragana) means that I think the group would be better off without that member, i.e. I think that member is a "weak link". I don't hate, or even dislike, any member. I think I chose 1 for Hiragana and 3 for Nogi.

For Kanji there ARE a few members that really annoy me so I chose them in addition to the "weak link" members. There were several Kanji dislikes for me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I've decided to close this at 5pm this coming Monday in Japan. That's Monday morning in Europe and Sunday night in the US, so if you haven't done it yet, please get it done by then. Also please share it with friends who wouldn't see it otherwise!

Also you can check the current results at any time.

https://goo.gl/forms/8RdJUMzIv3CBTqsG2

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Closing in 4 hours!

16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Can we see the final result now?

17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You should be able to see results if you try to look at the poll. I'm working on my own version of displaying the results which will take a couple of days.

18. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

The nogizaka poll seems to be pretty accurate from a western audience. Like if someone asked me to bet on such a poll, I would've picked similar results (Ikuta,Maiyan and Asuka dominating both like and center while Manatsu and Matsumura topping dislikes). The hiragana isn't that bad either.
    But the keyaki one. There are DDs, sure, but this is clearly not accurate. Like some 4th generation girls get over 20% in "favorite" even though they haven't been introduced, while Nogi ones (who have been since introduced) all get below 10% (which is normal). The favorites numbers are also too high, everyone having over 25 is too unrealistic let's be honest. Also people contradict themselves (26% of people think hirate should be center next single - in the center poll- but then 88% think she shouldn't be center for the next single. Like huh?). I have a feeling someone made a big deal out of this and used proxies (or even vpns) to vote multiple times. I've seen people do more stupid stuff for internet points, wouldn't surprise me. But, hey, I might be completely wrong of course.

19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Idk how to say it but it's like Nogi fans just not so active. I've seen a poll on twitter like who have more fans and Sugai beat Reika by far number. Like, seriously?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    My take on the numbers is different...

I see the the count of votes on Keyakizaka46, both Kanji and Hiragana, portion of the survey as indicating a more engaged fandom. They are more fanatical than Nogizaka fans. Anecdotally, if you watch the forums here, you'll see that the Keyaki-chan forums get more activity. Someone is always willing to discuss something about Keyaki whether it be a blog post, mobame, etc. There's constant evaluation of the group going on. Thus they are more likely to have an opinion on members.

As for Nogi fans' engagement towards members, there's more apathy for the non-favorites. YAC doesn't excite anyone. Neither does Maaya. These members aren't liked or hated enough to elicit an emotion. Just a big "meh" from fans.

I do think that the size of the group plays into the dynamics as well. Nogizaka is the size of both Keyaki factions. Fans' attention is spread amongst a larger population. Kanji and Hiragana are small enough that fans can pay attention to many ofl the members. It would be like if Nogizaka fans only had to think about the Influencer or Synchronicity senbats. That if all they had was 21 members to follow, then more engagement up and down that line would occur. If you think about it, the senbatsu/Under dichotomy fractures Nogizaka fan attention even more.

Personally, I'm an MD Nogi wota. I liked every Nogi even the 4th Gen who I had yet to even hear a peep from. My favorite Nogizaka member is a Nogizaka member. I'm sure the Keyaki fandom feels the same way about Keyaki-chans.