1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I’m WHEEZING!

Leave it to Jurina to not have anyone under in her big moment, not even when she can’t attend xD I’m just... LOL

The song is cute, it’s alright... but I expected a traditional idol song after the string of mature melodies, specially considering Jurina. What’s wrong with SukiNanda’s vibe? Maybe we’ll get that for the 54th.

I like how the members come and go in waves. The formulaic “the less important you are the later you show up in the song and then you stay there” we get in EVERY. 48. SONG. EVER. is getting old and this makes it more dynamic and interesting. Aki-P is taking formation ideas from K-pop?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I thought number 2 will replace center but glad trophy chan stand there as center. Well, if there is a sub center, i will be happy if Minarun as sub center or Naachan even better :p

3. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Dasu’s already acting as Jurina’s replacement for Punchline Center plus we saw Nana take Jurina’s place in tonight’s SakamichiAKB perf so it’s not an issue of Jurina having no under. I think the reason they’re leaving center spot blank is BECAUSE this is the SSK Center and especially since it’s the SSK single of Jurina of all people, the one who has been chasing the throne for so long. Dasu probably wanted to honour her friend by leaving center to trophy-chan

Plus not gonna lie whoever stepped into center for today’s performance would probably get torn apart by the horde of upset Jurina oshis for ‘lack of respect’. Can’t imagine many people would volunteer for the spot.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Best wishes to Jurina in her recovery. But i'm really hating Trophy-chan as center. I'm hoping Dasu can center when they perform in Music Station.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Here the subtitle (ざわざわと) is different from what the girls actually sing (はじめてと). Aki-p changed lyrics at the last minute? lol (Another possibility is that they showed the subtitles of a wrong verse, but I doubt it since this is the only discrepancy with the singing.)
    Untitled.jpg

6. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It is probably more likely to modify the choreo a bit to look like Dasu-Sakura double center instead of having everyone move 1 place up. Remember that this is SSK center where the position is earned not given. Anyway, the single is still more than 2 months away. Probably we will not see this song being performed again until next month the earliest. Their MSte turn will probably come after Nogi and Keya single. Still plenty of time for Jurina to recover.

• Like Like x 7
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

casual fans must be wondering what the heck is that trophy doing on the stage:^^;:

• Like Like x 5
  8. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Trophy-chan for center! I think it's better that way since it would be disrespectful for the jurina oshis who worked so hard.

Or make it saku-dasu wcenter just like what happened during glass wo ware (without trophy-chan it looks like saku-dasu wcenter anyway sooo..)

Naachan and ogiyuka flanking each other looks so good they can be the next ssk rivalry snhshshshs

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Chair-chan is somewhere out there crying.

I would like mngmt to be more proactive in regards to members health, don't let them reach this state, if a member is working too much sooner or later they will burn out.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Well, Trophy-chan has joined the ranks of the likes of Chair-chan and Tank-chan in Inanimate Senbatsu. Congrats!

Jurina must really be convalescing if she's still out after this much time... I hope she's okay. I gotta say management handled this dilemma with some finesse :lol:

As for the song, I also think it's pretty much a Nogi melody with Nogi costumes, but it has AKB lyrics. Because damn am I tired of train songs. AKB has roughly half a million of them in its repertoire already. Still, this sounds like a nice solid addition to the AKB catalog.

But seriously, stop writing songs about trains.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    If trophy-chan breaks her barrier, she will shine brighter than tank-chan

• Like Like x 6
  12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The whole Nogi concept is an AKB rip off. Just with less personality and bikini.

It's probably the most likeable Jurina performance in years.

j/k Jurina fans :whistle:

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    I like the song, it's cute. The costumes were a choice tho. I'm excited to see the mv.
    Also, what was with all the screen time Oba got in that perf?

• Like Like x 2
  14. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Trophy-chan>Cape-chan, maybe Throne-chan would be a better choice :^O^:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

so is Trophy-chan going to show up in the mv ?

• Like Like x 4
  16. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    They put the trophy in there, look like jurina is already dead....:(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    #consipiracy theory. Jurina is actually preparing for a super group unit with past ssk winners. Aachan-yuko-sasshi-mayuyu-jurina

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  18. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Putting the trophy center is probably the best of a handful of bad options. Putting someone else center and that girl gets torn apart. Make it Sakura/Dasu double center isn't terrible, but that's basically what they did with including a homage to Jurina.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Matter of taste, I for example think Nogi songs are mostly bland and boring.

• Agree x 28
    • Disagree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Old x 1
  20. PP22

PP22 Kenkyuusei

I find the music sounds a bit Nogi. I would have to listen again but at first listen I don't particularly like. I feel like it's another song that will not mark the group ...
    But I really like the costumes even if we saw other like this before

• Like Like x 3