1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 52nd [Teacher Teacher] (2018/05/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    SEE..If I Posted that meme - It'd be accused of TROLLING - Why am I insensitive - Why am I trying to Start a fight. but it's ok for someone else to make a Salty Sakura meme? I'm NOT Offended clearly there's a double-standard. Doesn't that meme rub Sakura's nose in 3rd - why does that need to happen??

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It's probably because I'm a newbie. If you want just make a troll/roast/meme thread as long it's light it is not considered bashing. Half of this fandom are trolls anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

you make it sound like Jurina KO Sakura in a MMA match [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Oh NO...I'm not personally upset. A Meme is a Meme. I was just pointing out the double standard. I was Attacked for saying ULTRA "Positive" things about Sakura in the Sakura thread...I was like a day after SSK & was saying how at least she's killing it on PROD48

NOPE!...I was told to STOP Supporting & Pluggiing Sakura on the P48 show. Anyone who the clips from Ep#2 knows how important this show is to her growth as a Performer.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rukuya

Rukuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    @Slacker13
    I guess her entire fandom was salty after that day.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, that was Haruppi. :oops:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

trolling is against the rules.

8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Does that make this AKB's most winningest Single EVER?? What did "KFC" do? So this song truly is the KAMI SINGLE!!! I like this quote I saw...

"This is the first time that any female idol group's song has ever reached the "Three Million" milestone, the last to accomplish this record was "Sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana" (released in August 2003) by SMAP."

It's from THIS Article http://www.jshowbiz.com/english/com...eacher-teacher-a-3-million-certification.html

So the single that has ALL the things I've been begging AKI-P to do for over 2 years is actually his BIGGEST MOST Sellingest Song EVER in AKB and for ANY Female Idol group ever??

All he had to do was:
    * Up the Tempo
    * Get a Cute FRESH "Ace"
    * Use Sexy but NOT slutty outfits (Show Legs)
    * Stylized Dancing
    * Use a CURRENT Musical Trending sound (Kpop in this case)
    * NOT go down Memory Lane & hand girls sitting & arm swaying

He didn't even have to use Bikinis or something 'Sexually Suggestive' (like swimming underwater w/ Dresses on) - just Idols being Sexy, Leggy, & Dancing??

So to recap - MY Favorite AKB48 ever - is the most financially successful CD single in AKB48 and it's largely thanks to ALL You Jurina & SKE48 fans buying soo many copies (Yes, the Sakura & HKT fans helped also).

I'm REALLY Touched. Thank You all for this Victory.
    and now...for the downside
    what if it's Jurina's LAST AKB single?? probably NOT - I'm sure sure she'll be back - The song that gave Jurina her #1 is also the BEST Song in AKB's sales and MY Most Favorite AKB song- Gotta Love how ALL three of those came together right?

• Dislike x 5
    • Creative x 2
    • Old x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Are you kidding? It's not like any CURRENT Kpop sound. o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

• Include voting ballots in the first election without Sasshi where the crown could have gone to anyone.
    Also, there is a difference between copies SHIPPED and copies SOLD.
    It's still a huge achievement, but it's obviously thanks to all the tricks in the book, not because of the song by a long mile.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

^ agree that song itself obviously has nothing to do with that achievement, otherwise we'd see it in karaoke/download/views charts (and we don't), but the main reason for that CD shipping increase is most probably the inclusion of overseas groups in SSK. of course, increase of votes of the candidates for 1st place played its role too, but I think not to that extent, group fanbases are always bigger than fanbases of individual members.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

lmao I had forgotten about the ISG. :^^;:
    But yeah, the BNK girls probably added way over 50k (we don't know how many those who didn't rank got) as that was the only way for them to vote.
    Doubt the TPE added much though, seeing they have not even debuted.

I don't know how much a popular song can sell digitally, but 15k doesn't scream JAPAN'S NEW HYMN to me.

14. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Are you a qualified expert in KPOP sounds? Are you a Knet Denizen?
    It's MORE Modern than the NOGI sound, Disco, 80's, CHORAL (Showtunes) Flavor he exhibited in the past singles. But I Digress.

Mod edit: This is the end of the line for personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    This song sounds no where near what current Kpop is popping out, it's still extremely Jpop in my ears.

Also didn't last year's single technically sell 3m copies? I remember someone saying that Jurina said they had sold that many somewhere

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it’s hard to know given Oricon’s restrictions and Nielsen’s own shenanigans, but I don’t remember anything about Negaigoto.

The only shipment celebrations I’ve read were for Beginner and Nogi’s Influencer.
    It means there is a demand that might reach that level, not actual sales.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Pretty sure the celebrations for Beginner and Influencer are about actually their Oricon sales breaking 1 million, not shippment.

Nogi's first million shipper is not Influencer (certified 3/2017) but Sayonara no imi (certified 11/2016), but Influencer is the first million seller (according to Oricon anyway).

AKB's voting single has been certified with over 2 million shipment every year since Manatsu no Sounds Good. This year they broke 3 million.

(The info for certified number of shipment is in the RIAJ website. The English version can be found in the yearbooks though it says 'selling' for some reason, while the Japanese webpage clearly says 出荷枚数 i.e. the number of shipment. lol)

Sales is of course a different story. Oricon never reported over 2 million sales and Billboard never reported over 3 million sales for any AKB single. And I suppose we'll never know the actual number of copies sold by King Records.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

First was the shipment info, then the actual sales.

From the Beginner thread:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    That link is so old it's dead now lol, but yea Beginner is both the first million shipping and first million selling single of AKB, so I suppose there'd be attention about shipment as well. However shipment certification generally gets much less hype than sales and is rather quickly forgotten (if ever remembered). Fans could be 'celebrating' on stage48 but I won't classify a news article or two as something that has got wide attention. lol And the lack of even 'fan celebration' doesn't mean that a single hasn't shipped a million or two, just like in the case of Negaigoto no mochigusare.