1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    (The lighting in the video made it VERY difficult for me to distinguish who was who, so I’m just commenting on your comments.)

Personally, I don’t like it. I feel like rankings should be respected. Ash earned her ranking, and her placement in the dance formation should reflect that. To disregard that feels disrespectful to her fans (who voted for her and enabled her to have that ranking), as well as to the 48G group (because they have a certain system of doing things and MNL48 should adhere to that).

I think back to the original AKB48 members and I can’t imagine a Kami-7 member, like Kojiharu, for example, being demoted to the back row because of her height. (Kojiharu is/was 1.64m and Ash is 1.60m.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. shiranui

shiranui Kenkyuusei

who are in the senbatsu? are they only team MII member or picked from those 3 teams?

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I too was underwhelmed by Skirt, Hirari. My impression of Skirt, Hirari is a small unit number, either 7 or 5, like the Team K version at Tokyo Dome during the Five Dome Tour with Miyazawa Sae, Oshima Yuko, Akimoto Sayaka, Umeda Ayaka, Kobayashi Kana. The movements weren't so herky jerky; they were much smaller, with their feet never getting that far off the ground. At one point, Yuko is even scuffing her shoes on the floor while walking (which emphasized to me how close her feet were to the ground). Of course, the fault (in my eyes) is in the choreography, not the girls.

• Like Like x 1
  4. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

No. Stage48 wiki already have the info :)
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Aitakatta_(MNL48_Single)

Choreo pretty similar to BNK48 I believe. MNL48 senbatsu(also most of the MNL48 members) are already good in dancing, will be a waste if not use that much imho.

Regarding the numbers they decided the Senbatsu will perform SH, but I believe once they move to the theater we will see small teams performing each songs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Well, I didn't say that people shouldn't be bothered that they seemed to have tampered with the positions, only that it doesn't bother me as much as I expected. After all, I wrecked my reputation as a neutral writer to campaign for Ash.

Mind you, we're going by my feelings at this point. I felt like Gabb was in the Rank 7 position, but I don't know how the positions work in Skirt, Hirari in the first place, so maybe my perception isn't the most reliable in this situation. The video posted contained better footage than mine, and I still can't say for sure.

My feeling is that they still didn't have the choreography perfected unlike with the others. Heck, their performance of Heavy Rotation was much better.

Also, I never used to care about Skirt, Hirari, but now I can't get their version out of my head. It's been more than a week, for Chrissakes! :hehe:

6. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    I understood where you were coming from :) I apologize if my response implied otherwise :) I actually feel very snappish towards the MNL48 management at the moment (first that misleading “pasabog,” and now Aitakatta’s white filter) so maybe that comes across in my posts XD

I wonder what their plans are for Heavy Rotation? My guess is that it’ll be the main song of their second CD... they probably realized that there would be more purchases if they put those two (in my opinion) iconic songs, Aitakatta and Heavy Rotation in separate CDs...

7. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

I'll be streaming non-stop until the next MV :)
    I hope some of you guys also stream :)

[​IMG]

8. dunkindonato

Yes, that's perhaps the best explanation available so far. Makes no sense in putting out all the cards this early. There's enough time for one more single release late this year just in time for the holidays.

9. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    when this single will be available to any streaming site specially the iTunes and Spotify?

10. dunkindonato

Yes. August 31.

11. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Lol about the ranking and screen exposure I think they are mostly following the ranking but not totally. If we'll check the Aitakatta MV, you'll think the top 4 is Sheki, Sela, Abby and Ella when the real case is Tin's the 4th yet you can hardly see her (it's like they are hiding her really). I was vocal about not being a fan of Tin (I find her plain to be in the top 7) but the management seems to perceive the same way. It's not the first time that they have moved Tin aside (remember the Japan travel invitation? She wasnt even considered when Sheki, Abby, Sela and Alice were picked) Still feel bad for her but maybe they'll give her more exposure on MVs that has a tough looking theme.

From the formations (based from their stage performance as well) they are pushing Gabb and Ella. I also notice Sayaka and Jem a bit more.

12. Irish Cabia-an

Irish Cabia-an Kenkyuusei

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    It bothers me. The ranking should be respected. Kojiharu and Shinoda were kami 7 members and were given respect in the formation assignment despite of their height.

Same with the MV, some of the lesser rank members got their turn in front but the likes of Ash didn't. As for screentime, while of course I like Sayaka (she's in my personal kami 7) and I'm ok with Gabb but screentime-wise, they seemed to have gotten more than other kami 7 members.

I know being vocal about this may sound petty but if we just let management be, we don't know the extent of the shafting that they could do in the future. I wouldn't mind much such a shafting if it was an announced management chosen senbatsu, but it's not.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I sometimes wonder if HHE staffs or the members themselves stalk stage48 :shifty:

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    you forgot your Tinfoil hat and "Don't Tread on Me" snake shirt friend.

16. dunkindonato

No comment. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  17. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    *stares suspiciously at everyone*

Are you a Dirty Alien?

That besides we hit 100k plus views Sa YouTube!

More more more!

Note: ironically most views are from Indonesia and Thailand though than ours.

Yet I never saw any bashers at least in FB.

Twitter... Well its actually funny seeing the haters throw tantrums and shit. SAD!

18. dunkindonato

What? Who? Me? :whistle:

Sometimes, I think they're more excited about this than we do.

Thank heavens I'm not on Twitter.

19. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

We all agree HHE should respect the rankings. They're forgetting fans are the ones that made that ranking. Also more closeup for Kami 7.
    Twitter is much better now compare to Showtime era. There are many kpop fans stanning/oshi the MNL48 girls. Makes me smile :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. dunkindonato

Sometimes people only need to see them do their stuff to go from hater to fan. Like I said during their Showtime days, people are hating them because they're supposed to be aspirants to an Idol group but they're being made to do anything BUT be an idol group.

Now that they're doing what they're supposed to do, I daresay that future auditions will be patterned towards looking for people who will fit the kind of idol that the first generation built up. Prospective girls would now know what they're getting in for, as well as what it takes to get through the end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2