Oshima Mai (Maimai) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. minik00kies

minik00kies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Wow amazing~ Thanks for the link lol

She's always so charismatic when she talks

• Like Like x 2
  2. GCRScreen

GCRScreen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    • Like Like x 2
  3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I watch those early episodes of AKBingo and I always think how pretty and sexy Maimai was. I'm looking forward to seeing what exactly a ''photo collection'' is.

4. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well, based on some photos I saw at a certain tracker, she looks quite different from what she used to. Also the photo collection probably is your standard gravure.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Press Conference for her new photo book, "I am." There are four additional photos in the stories.

She also commented on Acchan's marriage:
    "Marriage desire has recently grown, but since there is something I want to do before marriage ... I am going to travel around the world, I will do my best by the age of 34 to 35, "she said."

f_11642105.jpeg

f_11644613.jpeg

https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2018/09/15/0011642101.shtml
    https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2018/09/16/0011644612.shtml

Update: more stories
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1792870 (14 pictures)
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201809150000435.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. richard durbano

What's all this talk about Maimai aging dreadfully. She's gorgeous!!! And always has been. I don't understand all the unflattering comments about her across the internet.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Mai Mai pb 1st week sales was 1,645 and ranked 6th:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Banana Bakari no Dokudashi Onna Shinnenkai (SKE48 Suda Akari - NGT48 Nakai Rika - Oshima Mai, Noro Kayo) (2019-01-01)
    48idol.com/video/12522
    [​IMG]

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about her time in Korea (and Japanese Korean relations)

“It's different from being scared of Korean just looking at the news” What former AKB Mai Oshima thought in Korea

Talent and ex-AKB Mai Oshima went to Korea and reported on Twitter what she actually felt.

Oshima tweeted, “Wouldn't Japanese people be kind to foreigners too? Korea was together” “There were a lot of things, but looking at the news is different from being scared of Koreans.” “I like what I like. It ’s just a simple story,” she said as a tourist.

Oshima is studying Korean and holds 2nd grade in the Korean test. He also serves as a regular for BS SKY PerfecTV!

[A quote from her twitter feed: For this trip to Korea, I'd like to write the length of my thoughts on my blog for the first time in a long time . There are many people in Korea who care about Japanese people too!
    https://twitter.com/mai911oshima/status/1168485074716618752 ]

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 2.08.08 PM.png

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jp/sumirekotomita/japan-southkorea

12. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

She does look different, dunno if it's due to surgery or just getting older. Also the teeth are new, maybe that's why she looks different.

13. MyMaiMai

MyMaiMai Kenkyuusei

Reading the old comments in this forum kinda make me thing if I’m one of the very few who likes her solo song.. (Mendokusai was great esp)

• Like Like x 1
  14. richard durbano

Nobody did ''cute and sexy'' better in the early days of AKB than Oshima Mai. I thought she was an absolute doll and I bought her photo book and thought she looked fantastic in it. But as much as I like her, I can't say I liked her singing voice very much.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MyMaiMai

MyMaiMai Kenkyuusei

Her timbre isn’t it? Yeah even I have to admit her voice at high pitch, while hitting the right note, can get annoying hahah

What does she up to these days? I rewatch akb 1ji 0ji and bingo, and stop when she graduates :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. richard durbano

Maimai's singing voice actually sounded ''shrill'' to me. I hesitate to say she had the worst singing voice in the history of the group but among those girls who did solo numbers, I can't think of anyone worse. I get irritated when I can't get information what my favorite grads are up to these days. If a girl leaves show business and ends her Instagram and twitter accounts, that's one thing, but Maimai is still an entertainer with an agency and everything. It's like she simply shows up on a TV show every blue moon or so. She's got to have a regular income somehow.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Haha I think it's a matter of personal preference, but then again, she was my first favorite member so I've always had a soft spot for her. I think she was great in haru ga kuru made, Bird and Himawari, personally, but she's very nasal (which is quite common for idols) so I understand if people don't like her voice. I didn't like any of her solo songs, and it was sad because I was originally excited that she was going to pursue a career in music. I think she definitely got some cosmetic surgery on her jaw because it looks very different from her originally rounder face. I hope she's happy and healthy and continues to be successful!

• Like Like x 2
  18. richard durbano

Always nice to hear from another Maimai fan. I always thought she was such a doll. She was such a sweetheart in the early days of AKBingo. And I really think she looked great in her most recent photo book but I believe the photographer did her a huge disservice. Too many outdoor shots in the jungle (?) and not enough photos of her on the bed wearing different outfits. And I still don't understand the whole bunny costume. There were a lot of wasted shots in that book. :wall: This afternoon I received Jonishi Kei's second photo book( 21K) and her photographer really did a nice job. Keicchi looks absolutely gorgeous in 95% of her shots. It's an excellent book.I think sometimes some of these photographers get a little too artsy-fartsy for my liking. If you're shooting a beautiful girl with a great figure, then just do it. Show the girl at her best. I can't believe it's all that difficult.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Maimai has just started a new YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPYh9nUGAAYE11GXhys3wA

Her first video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

She says that she'll be using the channel to post videos about Korean culture - K-pop, dramas and movies, cosmetics, fashion and food.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    On tv, but can be seen only if you live in the right location.

Former AKB48 Mai Oshima teaches how to get along with idols! "Aim for big idols with 10 or more members"

On ABEMA "ABEMASPECIAL Channel", the regular program "Chance Time" # 131, in which comedy combination Chidori acts as MC, was delivered from 23:00 on April 7th.

In the distribution on April 7, the 5th installment of the popular "Teacher Series" will be broadcast. This time, Mai Oshima, a former AKB48 talent, served as a lecturer, and it was the time of "Celebrity and Dating Rolling Teacher" to teach how to get along with female entertainers. In addition to the program MC Chidori, the guest idol group, NMB48's Nagisa Shibuya, the talent Megu Aoyama, the comedy combination, and The Mummy will participate in the student roles. We classified female entertainers into five categories, "idol," "gravure," "female announcer," "model," and "actress," and explained the strategies for each type.

Professor Oshima, who started the class at once, gave a lecture from "How to interact with idols". Professor Oshima, who said, "The aim is for big idols with 10 or more members," suggested that the important person to get along with in order to connect with the favorite child of the idol group is the "bad member of the group." The teacher explained that "bad members have a good feeling and are often called on variety shows, so it's easy to get acquainted with comedians. It's easy to exchange contact information." She said that she would connect with the other party.

146756_233438_210408-TR-09100041.jpg

http://www.m-on.press/music-news/0000293035
    https://abema.tv/video/episode/90-979_s1_p131