1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shitao Miu (Miu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/RC4437839/permalink/1854433424643900
    017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg

I don't know if what he wrote is true or not, nor I care. But there's one thing we should all understand: it's AKB (especially Japanese) fans that create for themselves this idea that their idols can't be approached, that they should be left in their corner in peace. Well, guess what: no one else thinks like that. Did you see how everyone here reacted to their airport photos in Korea? Dammit, that's the usual stuff in any place of the planet.
    What do you expect? That she would tell him "Dude, I'm an idol, I cannot speak with you, please turn around and leave", or that her manager would say "Fuck off, man!"? That's unrealistic (unless you're a diva like Berin). That guy talked to her and she responded. He's a fan, she's going to treat him well. She needs that fan, she needs to have a good image. And then she accepted his gifts, like they always do. It really depends on the girl, but not everyone is like Tsumugi that, apparently, treated all males at school with a couple of words or no words at all. They are human beings like everyone else. They have friends, they have classmates, their siblings friends visit their place, they have other family and their friends, they talk to clerks, to the guy that sells movie tickets, anyone. And boy, some do things that you don't want to know! Their idol persona is just a character. "We're" the "stupid" ones for spending money just to talk to them for seconds. But "we" do it because we know for sure we will see them and they have to accept you, while in these cases you have to be lucky. And yes, there are people in this world that can hold a conversation (without having to pay for it).

Miu certainly didn't seem to be bothered since she even posed for his photos.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    The team she's on song is boring, she might did better if she's on honda's team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It depends on the person and area. I live in So Cal and stood right next to Kobe Bryant in Disneyland while waiting for our families to come off Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I didn't say a word to him (nor he to me). Most everyone in the park left him alone so he could enjoy his day with his family. I also saw Seal and Heidi Klum and kids another time. While people did take pictures from a distance, I didn't see anyone walk up to them and bother them. Similarly my daughter and good friend were in a store in Westwood with Kareem Abdul Jabbar and left him alone (but did marvel at how tall he was).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Is the OP a male or female? I heard management is generally forgiving to foreign fans especially female ones?

happy for Miu though, as invasive as it is, it's always nice to see such positive encounters being spread so as to offset smear campaigns of antis.

also hoping this translates to support for the upcoming eliminations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Seems true tbh, has all proofs through pictures. One lucky fan, wotas pay $$$ for a few seconds of their time [hehe] but I’m glad that fan was there. She needed the assurance and support the most rn.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I heard the big Korean agencies are scooping Japanese PD48 leftovers. Does this mean we can relax whatever the final result will be? :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    guess it depends on whether you see being scooped by big Korean agencies as a desirable outcome

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Relax in what way?

=========================================================================================================

Holy shit! Shocking revelation!
    https://twitter.com/miu48miu48miu/status/1031976994530119680

• Like Like x 1
  12. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    That she will debut one way or another anyway, that is assuming the rumor are somewhat true.
    But wait, if she's picked by one of the Korean agencies, it'll be a while until they get to debut her with all the training etc.
    hmm:shifty:

• Old Old x 1
  13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Why should we be relaxed with the possibility of a Korean agency snatching Shitao from Team 8?

• Old Old x 1
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    lol, so now that many realize how great Shitao (and Honda) is, any of you feeling sorry for not even tried to discover her earlier? :shifty:
    She even has more songs under her belt than some of the strawberries who debuted earlier.

For me, I will not use the word "relax" for the prospect of any 48G who might be snatched by a Korean agency outside P48. Except for two people, Miyazaki Miho and Takeuchi Miyu.
    Btw, poor Juri. No one speculating it was her? lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Because i feel she's under appreciated in AKB. Just look at this thread, compare it before and after P48.
    As much as i want her to flourish in AKB, the way things goes, there's high chance she'll just eventually graduate with people reacting like, "aww too bad...bye!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    True. But lets try to see it the other way around.
    People said she is currently underappreciated, but what did they do to look for her? She has been there doing great for years. And I have said this in P48 thread, her fans (people who actually supporting her even before that first performance in produce) know that she can do even better than what had been shown there. And I dare to say she and Honda are not even the best in their team. So, where are those people who said "omg she is so underappreciated there". Looking somewhere else appreciating others? We all know how AKS work, the more fans "concretely appreciate" a member the more they will push her. Produce help her and Honda a lot to be known by many more people, just like Onishi with Showroom, and that is the main point of produce right? But what now, after those people know she is that amazing. Will she "concretely appreciated" by fans? I'd say still yet to be seen as P48 still yet to finish.

For int'l fans it might be difficult to attend HS, but AFAIK the official store ship worldwide. And the report of goodies sales is known to be one factor in their annual rapport. I'm pretty sure they also look at who is the fans' oshimen and the next 3 oshis in each group for 48G ID for cafe events and ticket website (creating an account on both website is free). If you are willing to spend some money, the official fanclub Nihonbashiranokai, AKB48Mobile website and member's mobame are always open. All of it are yearly/monthly service for a relatively cheap price. You also need to state who your oshimen is for those accounts. Not to mention their IG, Twitter, Showroom, and 755 which are free to access. Pretty sure AKS know who got most support from the fans. So I don't see an excuse to say "I want her to be more appreciated, but I don't know how to help her." Rather than complaining that AKS do not give her a push, how about start from yourself to give her a push she deserve. Influence enough people to do the same and AKS will notice. If you are good in making video, do like those Korean YT channels and you can link to whatever way to officially supporting her, or become an influencer for Miu in SNS. Every single new fan counts right? ;) so be creative if you like her that much.

I think I made my points pretty clear not so long ago in this exact thread.
    The way I see it is pretty simple. If you find her amazing and becoming a fan, support her wherever she is.
    "where" is better is a very subjective topic. Depends on which perspective you want to use, her oshimen, T8 fan, AKB fan, 48G fan, P48 fan, Kpop fan each will have different perspective. For me I am a T8 and AKB fan, that's why I said the things in my previous comment.
    Also, I think saying "aww too bad...bye!" after her graduation announcement is the same with saying "aww too bad...bye!" if she is not debuting in Korea. :D So what will you do after this Miu's fans? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    There is probably 300 more girls under appreciated under 48G waiting for Korean fans to discover and stan :fear:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Here's how I see things.

Shitao Miu debuted on April 3, 2014. She became an AKB member, a Team 8 member. She's been an idol for more than four years ("Let's debut"? Really?). During those years she's done multiple theatre performances, concerts, tours. She's been on TV shows, on radio, you can see her in MVs. Now she also has a kennin on Team A. For four years, Team 8 fans have followed her, supported her, people that see her as their oshimen and even people that don't. Was she ever selected for an AKB senbatsu? No. Is she a front row member? Not. But that's how AKB is. And c'mon, she turned 17 in April, there's still a lot for her to come. At least Team 8 fans know who she is. Not long ago she won a 5ch contest of which eito they would like to :censored:, so it's not that they haven't seen what Korean fans have seen too. The difference between Japan and Korea isn't that they appreciate her more; what is happening is that Japanese wota follow AKB for many years, they know a lot more idols, they have more alternatives. Those Korean fans that now go to her SHOWROOM writing stuff that she can't even read have seen just a small sample of what AKB (and AKB idols) is, so it's natural that now it seems that there are a lot more Koreans that appreciate Shitao than the Japanese do.

So, let's say that now she has to graduate from AKB and Team 8 for good and move to Korea. She'll be part of a Korean group for what, two years before they disband? Then what? She's going to have to wait for her next chance? How do we know that all those Korean fans won't dump her for the next big thing after a while? At least in AKB she knows she has fans that will follow her for years until she graduates. And she can be an idol for at least ten more years if she wants to. They won't fire her, she will still have work. And, who knows, one day she might become big in Japan too. But even if she doesn't, at least she had a long career.

And do you think it's fair for her Japanese fans to suddenly see her go? Are those Koreans that found about her three months ago better than them?

I want her to "win" Produce 48. But only if that means that she can be part of that Korean group AND still our eito Shitao. That's what they were promised when they joined the show, right? That's why they decided to do it. Now these news that they want them for the whole 2.5 years or that someone wants to "buy" them is something that doesn't smell good to me at all. And you know what? Odaeri went to Produce 48 too, and days ago she cried at the PIT saying that she loved Team 8. I'm not sure outsiders understand what this team means to them.

EDIT: Oh! Another thing I forgot to mention. Next year, she'll be 18. She'll be able to do jobs she couldn't before, she can even move to Tokyo and make her life easier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  19. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I get that there will be positives and negatives, hence my
    And it's all very subjective, just like @SunnyHighland said.
    I guess it comes down to that we just can't selfishly define what's best for her, because there's no way to know how it will go in the end on any scenario. And it also largely depends on how Miu herself feel about her job and situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Probably. It all depends on your gender and other factors. "Certain" males that stan this group are very very forgiving about the low production values, and the reasons are obvious. This contrasts greatly with what Shitao is currently excelling in now. Further, I watch Japanese women that stan these terrible male J-Pop groups, and I see a lot of similarities with "certain" AKB wota. After getting to know a lot about AKB over various years I lost more and more interest, so I can hardly blame you for having your sentiments or worries about Miu. Fans of one of the top AKB girls talk to me all the time, and I have to say they give me a horrible impression about the group as well. There are things AKB does that amuses me though. But I don't settle in life, I need more than what AKB can give me. ;)

It is obvious Shitao is better off in Korea, and she would have probably graduated soon anyway.:chuffed:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1