1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

The saddest part about Kaeun not making it is that she still kept smiling :(

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    No, Nu'est Jonghyun. Like Gaeun, he went from first place to 14th place.

-

I went through the top-rated comments on Naver Entertainment's P48 hot articles. Some top comments were:
    • Gaeun (or Chowon) should've debuted instead of Hyewon (I think she's getting the Sohye treatment in this group; there are lots of comments like this)
    • This lineup is pretty okay compared to the previous one
    • Congrats Chaeyon
    • Chaeyeon is #1 in my heart
    • (this article was posted right after Minju was announced) at least one kid was picked properly
    • I think Chowon will succeed like S1's Jeon Soyeon
    (the sources: 1, 2, 3)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Exactly, she took it like a pro. She is someone with a big heart, which is why I root for her. When she dropped from 1st to 8th rank before, she just smiled and walked to the stage amidst the shocked reaction.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. trxsh

trxsh Member

I wish Chowon had made it but I'm not worried about her. She made one of the best impressions on the show, she's still young, and she has a bright future.

Pretty disappointed I wont get to see Miru and Miu in kpop anymore though...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i wouldve added miru and juri and dropped hyewon and eunbi

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Kaeun's a really good person.
    Subbers are probably hard at work on this 4-hour episode.
    Imo the concept songs are much better than the 2 finale songs and the korean one is kinda bad -- the perf was a bit lackluster too and the costumes were not good.

So sakuraism is going to be a bit controversial because of miru's rank.

(haha, I'm kinda really late for work -- gotta go I guess)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I really hated that Miu, Miyu and some K-trainees didn't get a little more screentime. I thought Mirurun would be the Center of one song(sorry, forgot which Team she was). The preview was great. Her energy was on spot.

Still, I like the diversity of agencies in the finale line up. Though, I hoped Kaeun to be in the group as leader. The group really needs some leadership.

Visuals are real, songs are both good and it was exciting.

I hope Miyu and Myao do more YT streams/videos together.

And hell, Mikurin and Sasshi need to carry HKT [hehe]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Kirameku

Kirameku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Ahh I can't say i'm very happy with the line up because 2/5 of my favourites didn't get in - Miu and Chowon. I don't doubt that Chowon will become a super star one day, but not sure about Miu... She suited K-pop so well! But on the other side girls I didn't want to debut didn't get to the group so it's okay :) Very proud of Hiichan though <3

I'm afraid it means moar Hana :censored:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think the group has some good leader, just not the leader that is "already there" like Kaeun would have been. Eunbi and, in my humble opinion, Chae, have experience, skills and presence to do a good job at it thought they are very different from each other. I wouldn't mind a shared leadership between the two of them.
    I expect Yujin growing a lot in the next 2 years in matter of leadership skills. Perhaps she'll never show it with this group, but later on, who knows?

Meanwhile I'm hoping no one would pick up "Izoned" as fandom name :fp:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. White

White Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    lol. sakura and nako just need go fulltime to korea.
    (actually i'm pretty salty because miho and miyu cant debut and still struggle in akb. and then hkt is worried with sakura-nako go kennin or not. well, after all they're win and still popular and i know this is not their fault and they really work hard for this.

i. am. just. salty. :(:(

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. canaver

canaver Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Wow... Mnet was straight-up brutal to the Japanese parents there...

Mnet flew them all the way from Japan, and Mnet still didn't want to give their daughters enough screentime for the finals right in front of them.

12. Paulinespeed

Paulinespeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes. The boss can determined who get the most vote. Let take SSK as example. 3 millions of CDs were sold. They can say Sashi has 200K vote although in reality only 100K. AKS only reveal the final votes for the top 80 or 100 and the rest are unknown. Even AKS revealed all votes for each member. As long in the end, all votes telly to 3 millions, who would doubt the actuality of it.

I worked on reality show before, I knew the behind story. That's why I always quit my work from all these reality show. I rather shake my legs at home than to work on these fake things. I can accept made believe drama series and movie since I knew it's a story telling but fake reality show which should be called variety show or drama? I cannot hide my conscience to all these fake things.

The drama behind the drama is always more dramatic.

As a filmmaker, I must admit that Miyu do have the talent but she lack screen presence and visual. If I have to choose a leading actress out of the 8 Japanese members, I would shortlist Sakura, Nako, Hitomi and Miu. Then they would go for casting (audition) to eventually finalise the heroin.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    IMG-20180901-WA0000.jpg
    Mnet the masterplan

• Winner x 14
    • Agree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. Paulinespeed

Paulinespeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Initially I also thought of a 4:8 ratio since it's a collaboration. Out of the remaining 8, I knew Myao and Mitu would be dropped due to age. Mnet editing also showed that they don't want them since the beginning. Juri was out too as she may be the next soukantoku and team B is still waiting for her. NMb needs Miru so AKS may had told Mnet to drop Miru. Therefore, Sakura, Nako, Hitomi and Miu should be included in the finalists but knets digged out Miu hometown issue which prove controversy for Mnet to handle in future so they dropped her. There, you have the final 3 Japanese members. Mnet definitely wanted Sakura and Nako due to their popularity.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Biggest surprise of the show for me was actually Kim Chaewon making it. She's never once been in the Top 12, and she suddenly makes it into the final group? I actually really like her, but I did not expect her to make it in a million years. I think the results show that the live voting went for members whose strongest attribute is visual. Probably a lot of people who haven't really been following the show, but voted for whoever caught their eye tonight, which is most likely to be the prettiest girls. Every single main visual member made it.

Lee Kaeun not making it was also pretty shocking.

Overall, I really wish I could switch out Minju with one of the Japanese girls who didn't make it. I feel the group would be a lot more balanced with a 4-8 ratio, and Minju brings absolutely nothing to the table other than a pretty face, and there are already plenty of pretty faces in the group.

I think this final group is pretty much what mNet wanted, they definitely wanted Sakura, the Nako train wasn't going to stop after the Love Whisper thing, and Hiichan got a lot more screen time than most other Japanese trainees.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Well, Kaeun can join NMB like what Miru wish if knet still waste her talent

• Like Like x 9
  17. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

WTF why only 3 japanese girls and why kaeun was not in ??aki-p you better sign ka-eubn and sort out the rem

• Like Like x 3
  18. Criss

Criss Member

Agreed.

I have been saying this for years. Agencies, companies, masterninds, any that have the "power" rule the destiny of any under its hand. And thats goes for any showbiz of any country.
    But well, I will not repeat again what I saw, what I know about AKS moves. But about this kind of "survivals" yes, the probability to get rigged is high.
    You are so right Paulinespeed; drama behind the drama is always more dramatic, no doubt about it.

Anyway. It is done, rigged or not this are the girls. 9 korean 3 japanese . No surprise. (If you want a korean all japanese-members group wait for JYP's "japanese Twice" next year ;))
    Now lets see how 'IZONE (아이즈원)' will do. At least the drama is over.[hehe]:chuffed:;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    This group is probably going to end up really successful because they pretty much have everything. Visuals galore, great dancers (Chaeyeon, Hiichan, Eunbi), variety personalities (Hyewon, Sakura), cute girls (Yena, Nako), and a solid main vocal (Jo Yuri).

The big downer is obviously the 9:3 ratio, especially if you’re firstly a 48g fan. I thought this is the minimum you need for this collboration. The previous rankings where Japanese girls were so high, set up this huge crushing disappointment. This also says to me IZONE will not be a 48 sister group. Maybe the exclusive contract rumor will be true.

But I’m glad that Sakura will have Chaeyeon. She would have gotten really lonely without her there. Nako is also actually close to Yena and Yuri so she can count on them as well. Hiichan is just too cute so she’ll bond with all of them lol

Kaeun was the only member that I really wanted to make it in the group, but she didn’t get selected. It’s by far the saddest realization I’ve had watching any reality entertainment show.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

part of me is glad jurina didn't stay on for the show, because the drama Mnet would have stirred up about the SSK would have been messyyyyyyyy. now she can rake in the coins in japan at least. as for sakura, i'm glad she made it. this is the reboot her idol career needs after the fiasco this year at SSK. i'm not sure about the whole kennin thing - all the P101 shows since season 1 have been pretty adamant about the exclusivity clause.

knowing that, I wouldn't be surprised if hitomi is perma-transferred to team B and they recruit a new girl for Team 8. as for nako and sakura, they're gonna come back in 2020 even stronger and i'm very confident that Nako will make a fantastic ace :D

edit: just wanted to add that while i'm not 100% behind this whole "mnet rigged the votes" thing, some of the results are really suspicious and i hope fans stop giving them passes in the future. kaeun getting jonghyun'ed at the eleventh hour is wayyyyy too much of a coincidence and yujin's rise back to the top ranks is curious considering koreans take attitude scandals real seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2