1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Nazi's costume.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i also said in my previous thread that girls from LDH e.g Egirls taking part in the show too

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

the next produce series will probably be a japanese one

4. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I do not mind Wonyoung being the center. She has a lot potential and will definitely do a good job as a center. My one concern is I hope she doesn't break from all the pressure of being the center especially since a lot of people were expecting a different one.

5. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Long rant post about some stuff I saw (some on here and some on twitter):

Pledis managing the group?
    What a joke, they better treat the girls right. They were bankrupt a few years ago and Seventeen carried them up, not because of Pledis' managing (you know why Seventeen is self-produced right? Cuz Pledis was too broke for composers) with their own talent and charms. Only then did this trash of a company managed to survive. I'd rather have them under Swing than Pledis.

About Wonyoung being center:
    I wanted Sakura to be center as her fan but I knew how damaging it could be to the group to have a Japanese center for a Korean group. If Sakura had been center, representing the group in Korea, they will have some trouble appearing on the national channels, particularly KBS (which doesn't even allow songs with Japanese words in it to be performed on Music Bank; tbh the girls should focus on learning Korean fast too). Korea hasn't recovered from the wounds of the past. They don't have much global recognition compared to Japan and K-pop has become a huge cultural export for Korea, I think many would want it to represent Korea, not Japan. I get the upset about it but I wanted to throw up after seeing the dislikes on her video, she's 14 and it was just her birthday. What a way to spend it huh, seeing that kind of response for something outside of your control.

I did hear jokes that Sakura wasn't center because her last name is too confusing to spell in Korean tho so people said some votes might not count if people sent it "Miwayaki Sakura" lmao

About the balance 9-3:
    It sucks tbh it's unfair to me and I wished Juri had made it. Juri would've done no harm to the group: she loves K-pop, has vocal talent to an extent, shown that she desperately wanted to debut, worked hard to learn Korean, and had no controversy that could affect the group (plus she was on of the universally liked trainees!) However, this is an appealing lineup to the public even if it's not the minimum 8-4 ratio we hoped for. If Korean gen public like this group, they can become popular. Once they are popular, they can appeal to the Chinese market easily and it's not like popular K-pop groups struggle that much to get popular in Japan, right? Becoming popular in Korea is a stepping stone to becoming successful in their other target markets, and appealing to the Korean public is the best way to do this.

However: I think this voting was rigged though tbh but every girl still deserved it imo if i was on that show, i'd need a drain in every room I'd go in because I'd be crying my eyes out every 5 seconds. they went through a lot and probably more that mnet didn't air. I'm happy for all 12 girls who debuted and I'm really freaking excited for the group's debut so Mnet better hurry up with the reality shows for real i'm already impatient

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Old Old x 2
  6. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    so the japanese girls including the only 3 japanese members of IZONE is going home to japan.

7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If there's any future of produce - jp collab, leave 46 girls out of this mess, please...

What I really hate about the show is the girls are forced to be mean under all those stupid rules designed exclusively for drama. I mean kicking out your team members, kicking out other contestants, also a huge disparity of treatment beween high ranks and low ranks, giving room for mnet to do pleeeentyyyyyy of evil editing, and then the girls getting hate for nothing. Those girls who have confidence issue will get even more crushed under such treatment, especially if they don't make it in the end. Imagine if Chaeyeon didn't make it.

46 girls especially Nogi already very successful without that kind of unnecessary drama. Even senbatsu announcement has gotten really peaceful these days.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    They both are well rounded, pretty popular, have good leadership and charisma. Woah can't believe I'm being too sad to see this picture.

Tbh I enjoyed P101 with boys more than P101 with girls, girls carry too much drama lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Got a National HS at Nagoya today, mate ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

My heart hurts so much. Kaeun. 5 years of waiting and supporting her the best I could. And. Ugh. I feel like someone stabbed me in my heart and sprayed mace in my eyes. Kaeun I am so sorry I was useless. I should have done more. Fuck I am a mess right now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    It's a theatre one, but no gimmicks.

12. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    As a Nako fan, I'm not too happy she's going to be stuck in k-pop for 2.5 years. I was personally hoping she'd drop out so she could go back and take over HKT. Oh well...

EDIT: Also, I'm a little pleased my prediction from ep.2 or 3 only off by like 3 members.

13. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

The girls who couldn't manage to become IOI then became IBI
    The boys who couldn't manage to become wannaone then became JBJ

Mnet, or maybe better to say CJ E&M, will lost it if they don't debut the runner up group.
    With their potential and popularity, the agencies where they come from will take the benefit.
    Akip might also debut Miho, Miyu, Miru, Miu, Juri as Seoul48 or else.
    so Mnet/CJ E&M is kind of rushed to debut the runner up group before they become famous in their respective agencies.

NB :
    since Izone is already under Pledis, then the 2nd group maybe under Stone or Yuehua [They are Yuesple minded]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    This week’s rating is 3.1% viewership nationwide, their peak (finale is always way higher than the reg episodes)

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Final Review of IZONE
    12. Lee Chaeyeon

Pre-Prediction: 75%
    When her name was called, I was very happy and jumped all around the house. My friend also watched this show and she was also happy because Chaeyeon made it. The only thing both of us mad is that Chaeyeon should has been placed higher.
    11. Kim Minjoo
    Pre-Prediction: 25%
    As a matter of fact, she is the visual girl, so I'm glad for her. She is getting better and better, so I'm happy for her now.
    10. Kim Chaewon
    Most people, included me, didn't expect that she will make it. But she really made a miracle happen and she made it.
    9. Honda Hitomi
    Pre-Prediction: 50%
    As I predicted, out of two Team 8 girls, only Hiichan made it. She is now one of my favorite member in Team 8, so I'm happy that she made it.
    8. Kang Hyewon
    I know most people really criticize the fact that Hyewon made it, but I'm very happy for her right now. But I really hope that she will improve her skill before her debut.
    7. Kwon Eunbi
    She can sing and dance, and also is a good leader, too. She is one of only two Korean member (along with Chaeyeon) have the big support from Vietnamese fans (as a matter of fact, now fans just want to bring 3 Japanese girls along with them to Japan)
    6. Yabuki Nako
    I expected her to debut, so this is not a surprise for me. But now she will debut in Korea, so I don't know if she can maintain her votes in SSK next year or not.
    5. Ahn Yujin
    I did expected her to make it, but not a high placement like this. However, this is also a early gift for her birthday (September 1st). So Happy Birthday, Ahn Yujin :ome:!
    4. Choi Yena
    Yena made it!!!!!!!!!
    3. Jo Yuri
    She is another girl who made a miracle, so I'm glad for her.
    2. Miyawaki Sakura
    Pre-Prediction: ~100%
    Sakura, Sakura, Sakura! Most people said the votes is rigged because Sakura only place 2nd. I know Mnet wouldn't let her be the center, but now I'm just very mad.
    1. Jang Wonyoung
    Wonyoung is too young to be the center. At least Jurina can do all concept that we want, but Wonyoung just always act cute, so I think this group can only do the cute concept (To Reach You is an example).

Review about 8 eliminated trainees
    20. Park Haeyoon
    I knew that she couldn't make it, but still sad for her.
    19. Shitao Miu
    As I said in the my prediction, if Hitomi make it, Miu can't. But I'm so sad for her.
    18. Takeuchi Miyu
    Mnet just hate her! When she hit the high note, they showed the stage with firework. SO SAD FOR HER.
    17. Takahashi Juri
    As I expected, she didn't make it. But now she can go back to Japan and ready for Team B Shonichi.
    16. Shiroma Miru
    Like Juri, I didn't expect her to make it, and now she will go back to Japan and become NMB48's Center.
    15. Miyazaki Miho
    So sad for her, but I think she couldn't make it because of her age.
    14. Lee Kaeun
    When she was announced as the 14th place, I was crying. She end up had the same fate as JR. Last season, when JR was announced as 14th place, I was also crying. WHY...
    13. Han Chowon
    She was so close... But Chowon is really proven to be the one who really make a miracle in this season. From 88th to this, I'm proud of her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Ouch, that's lower compared to previous seasons (season 1: 4.4%, season 2: 5.7%). Also the final votes is definitely a downhill :fear:
    IMG_20180901_080823.jpg IMG_20180901_080825.jpg IMG_20180901_080826.jpg
    Even if it's compared to the chinese version:
    IMG_20180901_080834.jpg IMG_20180901_080840.jpg

About it's rigged or not, I wouldn't say it but:
    If you remember the 1st ranking evaluation (ep. 1-2), all the korean side + Sakura got decent screen time :censored:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Yes, the ratings have been constantly lower than the previous seasons. Obviously Korean public are not watching this show as much especially since this season was the most boring and also the worst editing I've seen like ever from Produce and produce has some terrible and annoying editing.

But on a positive note

There are more votes than idol school which means this group will do better than Fromis_9 and as long as they don't flop, I'm okay with it. The votes were very scattered tho this season, there were very small gaps between them.

You can compare them with S1 (comparing with S2 or China?? Boys and 1 billion people, you could purchase votes too in Chinese version btw) to see that had these girls been on S1 with the same amount of votes as yesterday, even Chaeyeon (#12) would've easily been overtaken Kyulkyung (#6) in S1.

There is a small chance this group will be as popular as IOI but I still believe they will still become successful and popular, in their own way and level.

18. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think AYJ and Wonyoung both increasing their rank by 7 and 8 (w/o the bonus) from 2 pick to 1 pick IS (very) strange when their votes were supposed to be split in half. And I'm not sure if you're implying that their fans just didn't "go all in" during 2-pick -- so they didn't vote? Imo if one rose and one fell then it would have made sense or if their fans offered a much higher level of prizes for voting. Otherwise, it's unclear where they suddenly got a truckload of 1-pick votes. Same with all the other fishy-result members.

Anyway, I don't think anyone mentioned that shitao miu didn't seem like she was even part of the top 20 during that 4-hour episode. Other than the live perf, seemed like some of the ioi members were shown more than miu.
    And if there's a future PD with 48/46 girls, would-be participants might want to re-think about joining if they're going to be edited out of the show anyway. Unless you're saito asuka level or something.

But I still hope the final group does okay (fetus-center and all) -- and that sakura, nako, honda and the rest of izone make a lot of money out of it among other things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    i'm also suspicious about their rank, however.. i think what played the most in that final votes are the General Public votes, the one that didn't really vote in the previous week, the one that votes via text (which count as 7 votes), and most are female votes, so they choose the Visual which caught their eyes, and that same voters also would not have chosen the J girls, so they chose Wonyoung, Yujin, Chewon, and Minju

20. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    yeah..miu is really robbed.. i dont believe that some k trainees in the line up is more popular than her..

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2