1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    How is IZONE gonna affect the Japanese girls’ popularity tho?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Iz*One looks nice since they already have a star in their logo/announcing name thing no?

• Creative Creative x 2
  3. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    let's debut!!
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  4. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Luckily some of my favorites Sakura, Nako, and Chaeyeon made it.
    I may not stan the entire group but I will follow them and see if they have any cool songs.
    IZONE I wish you the best in your career.​

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. pennylove

pennylove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    do you guys think izone will ever collab with 48g?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

For sure. You can guarantee that they will show up at the AKB kouhaku concert in December, they might even show up at the Janken tournament.They will probably do a collab track on an AKB single like Sakamichi48

On another topic, the A-side songs of any Izone singles will obviously be K-Pop but hopefully one or two coupling tracks will be akb-style, it'd be nice to see the korean trainees do a song like Seishun no Lap Time or something lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I hope they won't.
    48G already have hundreds girls, what a waste if AKS try to fit IZONE to 48G things.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    After saw the final lineup (a.k.a. Twice 2.0 :censored:), now I'm not sure if it'll be affiliated w/ 48G's activities (kennin, stages, HS). Prolly IZONE will have their Japan activities as b-side in AKB's future singles lol.

Since the line up is the cutesy-type one, I predict the music type is like IOI's very3x, GFriend, OMG, or Lovelyz (RIP badass concept). But if their music style is very generic kpop songs, I prolly will drop them :fear:

My wish is IZONE will be Keyakizaka46 2.0 with Wonyoung becomes super emo center like Techi. Imagine if their debut song is like this:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  9. Mikansei

Mikansei Kenkyuusei

Produce SakamichiAKB :fear:
    izone : wonyoung, sakura, yena, yujin
    sakamichi : techi, neru, yoda, mizuki
    akb : okada, yuiyui, yumirin, hana

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    There are rumors (has it been confirmed?) that the girls of IZONE can't do any activities outside the group for 1,5 years.

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I thought the contract details weren't finalized yet -- or at least the (japanese) members don't know what the terms are yet.

It seems like it's a skill that can be learned seeing how certain girls did ok doing it for the first time except maybe hyewon lol.

I hope they only do joint activities with 48G and not mix members or have them participate in regular 48G activities as individual members. A separate group is what I'd prefer as opposed to something close to a sub-unit.
    And hopefully they don't implement an ID system for concerts so there's a secondary market for tickets -- gives I-fans a better chance to obtain tickets even at a much higher price.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think that IZ*ONE will have the same or similar status to JKT48, BNK48, TPE48 etc in that it'll be a foreign sister group with Sakura, Nako and Hitomi being members of Team Kaigai, but maybe they can retain at least some degree of concurrent membership of their home groups (as Sae did with SKE48 and SNH48). I'd guess that the Korean members are unlikely to be spending much time in Japan and I doubt that they'd attend HS events there, only in Korea, where maybe fans would have to buy a zillion CDs just for the chance of one ticket (as seems to be the case with Kpop groups?).

However having said that, I hope that IZ*ONE members do appear in Japan quite frequently to promote the Japanese versions of their singles and have their own concerts there. We'll just have to wait and see, and maybe my current dream of having a 2-shot next year with Hyewon can yet come true! ;)

• Like Like x 6
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You can allready consider it as a sub unit.
    So, them showing AKB HS events / concerts shouldn't be surprising
    But the k-members are not 48 groups, then I don't think IZ*One will be part of the AKB CD release and of course the biggest stuff known as sousenkyo.
    After all, they'll have their own releases and the group is meant to appeal to a different public.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    With or without the asterisk it's still a terrible naming sense :rolleyes:

Mendokusai~

Glad my korean girls made it Choi Yena and Hyewon so I actually will give this group a few more chances. (Rip Kaeun)

• Old Old x 1
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I wonder if the admins would want to make a subforum of this, even if it's in the Subunits and Solo forum. Would the group warrant the Korean girls getting their own threads, and having threads for any releases?

• Creative Creative x 2
  16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think this thread will and should be eventually moved to the sub units section.

Also I don't think individual threads are needed for the non 48G members of Izone. I don't think the non 48G members of DiVA were given such (yes, I know they were far from being popular but I think same practice applies, non 48G members don't get individual threads in a special sub section).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Guys I finally found the real meaning behind their name \o/
    You know how I was saying that it was supposed to be pronounced like « As One » and how someone said it should be pronounced like « Eyes One » ? Well none of us were too wrong.
    Apparently the Hangul version is written as 아이즈원 (aijeuwon) which kinda sounds like “I the one” which does make more sense.
    The 12 of them are united as one, and the group they form is special: Its the one.

I’ve also saw some fans saying that the 12 stars in the name announcement video could represent the brightest star of each zodiac constellations in order to put a more poetic meaning behind the name of the group. Even if personally I think that Idol Zodiac One or whatever they tried to name it is ugly.

But anyway ! We now know that we are supposed to call them “I The One” but like the failures we are we will keep on calling them “I-Zone” \o/

• Informative Informative x 8
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Ups.. I have to admit I never saw the Sub-Unit section.... :oops:
    This is a project sealed on time. It will end in 2.5 years so I doubt there's any need to make a thread for each member, though I won't be displeased anyway lol

The name is a whole mess, but whatever.

I'm the usual minority probably, but I don't want the girls do any other activity for at least 1.5 years, better yet, the whole 2.5
    These girls are gonna promote the group heavily already. If we are lucky we got at least 3/4 comeback in 1 year plus all the other TV-radio-concerts-reality related stuff.... do you really want Sakura, Nako and Hitomi go back and forth to be on singles, HS, SSK etc?

On the other hand I think there will be many events in which the two realities will collide in Japan. Concerts, Show, even HS probably, in a similiar way as the not-guerilla-event and a IzonedAKB song somewhere along the road.
    Not SSK. I truly hope so.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

So someone posted this one another forum of a schedule they would like for the final group to have. I agree with it.

[October 1st 2018 ~ October 22nd 2018] : Korean and Japan Debut (Single/Mini)
    [November 26th 2018] : Korean repackage (Two week promotion)
    [December 19th 2018] : Japanese Single

[February 4th 2019] : Korean Mini/EP (Three Week Promotion)
    [March 20th 2019] : Japan Single
    [May 20th 2019] : Korean Sub-Unit. Mini Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [July 17th 2019] : Japan Sub-Unit Single
    [October 7th 2019] : Korean Full Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [October 30th 2019] : Japan Full Album

[January 8th 2020] : Japan Sub-Unit Single
    [February 10th 2020] : Korean Sub-Unit. Mini Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [March 23rd 2020] : Korean Mini/EP

[April 8th 2020] : Japan Single
    [July 8th 2020] : Japan Single
    [August 3rd 2020] : Korean Full Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [September 3rd 2020] Japan Full Album
    [December 7th 2020] : Korean Repackage (One Week Promotion)

[January 6th 2021] : Japan Compilation Album
    [February 8th 2021] : Korean Sub-Unit. Mini Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [March 3rd 2021] : Japan Sub-Unit Single
    [March 15th 2021] Korean Full Album/Goodbye Album (Two Week Promotion)
    [March 31st 2021] Japan Full Album/Goodbye Album

[April 2021] : Disbandment

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    That doesn’t really seem possible for me. Japanese would complain that they would only get singles and where do you put their world tour ? :/

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 1