1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

Here you go. Some people, like Wonyoung, like to put their thumb by the second knuckle so it looks weird/uneven, though.
    [​IMG]

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Izone has too much kash behind it to fail. It will do well and the fact the girls are more cute than perfect will be a positive trait.

That's the custom korean heart sign... they are doing it since episode one

3. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Money isn't everything look at Loona. They sold poorly

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I live for THAT !

Hyewon translates for Japanese trainees
    https://imgur.com/a/jayJGrj

Hyewon doesn't like Sakura with glasses (Nako's reaction is cute)
    https://streamable.com/mvonc

"I want to swim into your Eyes" by Sakura (Chaeyeon, in the back, roars with laughter)
    https://twitter.com/izonekkura/status/1040582653332742144?s=21

And there are still many other fun/adorable moments in the latest V Live Video (Hitomi/Yena, Hitomi/Minju, Sakura/Hyewon, Nako/Eunbi etc).
    The chemistry between the different members is really great and enjoyable to see.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

No visual?! :) Well, I see it a bit differently. For example Hyewon, Wonyoung and Minju here look pretty visual to me...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Yeah, although I'm pretty disappointed that they'll do cute concept for 2.5 years, I hope they can be versatile group. But, judged of all the members, I think their concept is either like IOI's Very3x, Twice, Pristin, or Lovelyz for innocent concept.
    ((Well, expect Aki-P gives Teacher Teacher Kor. Version for debut song, thats different story :fear: ))

In Indonesia, we called it "asking for money" :awesome:

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

LOONA actually sold very well. 40,000 with their first album.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    But the other aspect said otherwise. During prevoting battle for THE SHOW, one of K-Inspirit (INFINITE's fans) called Blockberry Creative to make sure that there's a group called LOONA. So, even with prolonged predebut thing and their popularity among international k-pop fans, LOONA is still considered as "unknown" by other k-fandom, even korean public.
    Also, lots of physical sales isn't enough for girl group. Their digital sales (iTunes and Spotify weren't counted) is very low for group with such of predebut promotion, so I think LOONA should step up their game with digital sales for next comeback.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

1. Voting battles of music shows really don't mean that much in the grand scale of things.

2. You'd rather have bettet physical than digital sales. Twice's Cheer Up which had 2.5M downoads and 100M streams only gave Twice as a entire whole $47K. (Each girl got $5,222) Its why Boy Groups outlast Girl Groups. If LOONA sells well physically but doesnt do the best digitally that means a good sign for the potential longevity and money making of the group.

Selling Physicals = Bigger Fandom = Bigger Tours = More money = More longevity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lads, don't forget this is a group co-produced with AKS :D the overlord of physical sales. :lol: and no less....in Japan. With 3 active 48G members, one of them is a HS queen for a long time.

Opening a (new) possibility of "meet and greet" concept 48G-style in S.Korea surely been on the table since the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

I know that. But I don't want to put that theory on IZONE just yet. I don't see them hitting 500K in Single sales right off the bat or anything of that nature. We don't even know if they will release anything in Japan yet.

I think alot of people who are expecting this group to work like any other sister group that uses theaters and all of that will be disappointed. Because this group is looking it will be a K-J Pop hybrid group with more Kpop influences.

12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    While physical sales = fandom power (and source of company's income lol), digital sales = general public / unique listener power. Public usually don't buy bulk of CDs for fansigning hence they prefer to stream or download digitally. The higher the song charted in korean streaming site, means the more general public listening to the song. That's why in weekly music show, digital score is always higher than album score.

I doubt IZONE's sales will be over one millions :^^;: Maybe about... 80k? It's pretty high for girlgroups.
    Also, is fansign event k-pop equivalent of 48G's HS event?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

I already know that. But as I said, music show wins arent that imporant. Physical > Digital. That's simply how it is. LOONA did not flop just cause they didn't chart Top 20 on each major chart. Cheer Up overall only made $640,000. Gross Revenue of an album that sold 40,000 is guess what? $600,000. 2.5M DL's and 100M streams = 40,000 Albums sold.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Agreed as mentioned by @SunnyHighland though I don't think they can truly pursue a proper 'idol you can meet' concept unless the Korean men in black change their ways
    48G went the right way (in terms of profit) by concentrating on physicals and basing their HS concept and big events around them

Having said that, as much as I agree that voting battles of music shows don't matter much...the rabid fandom are obsessed with it. I remember my days as a SONE about how long we wanted to keep Gee's unbroken #1 streak
    those were indeed the good old days...where there were 9

What about this algorithm?:
    (whatever promotion) = bigger fandom = selling physicals = bigger tours = more $ = more longevity

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Huh ????

Of course yes! It has been announced since the beginning!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    It's not about winning music show (there's idols who have poor digital sales but win music show because SNS/pre-voting/live-voting), but how much general public know them. In Korea, no matter how much the physical sales they have, if they didn't chart in korean streaming site then they're considered as "nugu" by general public. For non Big 3 company idols or no-current trending groups, it's hard to enter korean streaming chart -heck even some Big 3 company idols were struggled to enter korean streaming chart. That's why company send their idols to radio show or variety show to attract general public to listen to their song, even some companies do digital sajaegi :fear:
    Also, physical > digital is only for company itself. More physical sales, then more income to company. So, from company's view, LOONA is pretty successful but can be more higher -not sure if the sales can cover all of pre-debut cost lol. But from general public's view, considered with the whole of long pre-debut promotion thing, it's kinda... failed

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lol, no they will not do theater. That one I agree. Otherwise they will need at least 20ish girls to function well. And many people here will be happy because of the top 20 girls.

But doing a HS event in Korea in place of fansign event, where you can talk to them personally as long as you want if you buy enough physical CDs? Pretty sure that is a no brainer choice for the management to copy when possible to boost physical sales. I mean, how often you can talk directly to a Korean idol? That is a thing a 48G fan may take for granted.
    Remember when they did guerilla stage? Many new people in Japan show up even though they do not have ticket to enter the venue. I think breaking 100k sales will not be that difficult if they do that. [hehe] They just need a vendor like chara-ani to manage the sales and slots for the event. Like been said before, we just need to be more openminded in what they will do considering the differences in managing idol group in Japan and Korea.

I'm not commenting on LOONA as I don't know them :^^;:

@theobserver ahhh good old days of Forever9, and now what....remaining5?:fp:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Not sure about Korean promotion one, but for Japanese promotion it's possible to do HS event like what 48/46 do. Also, they're managed by AKS for Japanese promotion tho

I'm done with commenting LOONA, so let's move on! also, stan LOONA lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. sakufan

sakufan Kenkyuusei

In Korea, you can meet your idol and talk to them longer than a HS by bying enough CDs too in fact its more interesting as you get to enjoy the whole group and be in the same space for a couple of hours. Fansigns are the best in Korea, maybe they can try some HS in Japan, but even if there isnt HS kpop idols do high touch stuff in Japan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    If they sell HS, I would probably apply so I can meet Yuri. Now I'm saving to meet miu, my only pick who didn't make it to final group