The Akimoto Yasushi Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ame-rin, May 2, 2011.

1. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The power of (K-)Army :fear:

Then RIP BTS in Japan. Once 5ch users know the news, they will bash not only BTS, but also the fandom itself
    *grabs popcorn and waits minus kakugo to translate*

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Wow. Armys need to fucking get over themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    See, the whole problem with Akimoto's constant and near-pathological reliance on flame-bait marketing (from bullshit like Minegishi's shaving, to the occasional chancy/shocking lyrics, to greelighting counterproductive and edgy farces like what we have seen today with Nakai's push or pretty much the entirety of Keyakizaka's creative direction -- it's always the same shit) is exactly this: that apart from the quick and cheap grab for attention he thirsts for, and which lasts just a few days before waning away, what we are left with, collectively speaking, are stigmas that will instead persist for years and will regularly come back to bite your ass when you least want it.
    Is this worth it?

Little side note: the allegation of right-wing nationalism are hilarious, when you look at the precedents. I actually miss the times when 2ch (especially the fun folks at the Morningcoffee board) used to call Akimoto a country traitor during the early Korean boom of 2010-11 because of all the inside connections he had with Dentsu (which was infiltrated by zainichis on all levels, at least according to their ~theories~), for one thing...

Even more hilarious to me is the fact that I am seeing Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, of all things, be mischaracterized as a ~problematic~ song promoting ~Japanese imperialism~, considering that back in the day the fucking Communist Party of Japan (!) even published an article on its official newspaper praising it for the anti-war message and going as far as to use it as a pretext to put the lyrics in opposition to Abe's administration policies (whatever they are).
    To top it off, later at the edition of the Words of the Year award that U-Can held on the same year, the song was played during the presentation of one of the winning slogans, "We won't tolerate Abe's politics", the reason being in fact how strong the anti-war message was within it and how reminiscent it was of the slogan's meaning.

If I were an outside partner, I'd rather stop thinking about politics and ~misogyny~ and be more worried about letting my business (and my own assets) be handled by a guy who in the past has doomed the Sega Dreamcast to commercial failure with his "creative" launch campaign, just to name an example of his unwise marketing directions, if anything.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Seriously? I got no problem with BTS, but their fandom is a fucking joke (They have become worse then the Beliebers which is saying something).

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's done
    https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1041289721870077952

Aki-p: Well shieeet didn't know Korea was a left wing country LOL But how come no one said anything when I came up with Produce48??

Me: Cheer up mate, I'm sure at least you can give that song to one of the 48G now

Aki-p: You are right, Imma give it to Yoshimotozaka46 for the lulz

Me: Fxxk me!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
  8. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    ok so...what does a 'right-winger' mean?

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nazi, basically.

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    In sports it means the player who is responsible to play at the right position flank.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    A conservative would be another

12. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    It also reminded me of a backlash regarding an FGO event set in 1945 somehow. Anyway, other than this, PD48, and that FGO event, what are other notable backlashes regarding Korea/Japan WWII stuff affecting entertainment?

13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lol, trying to get off this issue, but since they cancelled the song...Imma just grabbing popcorn to see the backlash from the Japanese side to that particular album.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    The almighty korean..barking first, claim later

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    OMG that FGO event :yikes: I played that event for getting Sakamoto Ryoma and lots of Gudaguda

Real talk. There's plenty of Korea/Japan backlashes. For example, G-Dragon's alleged ex-lover visited Yasukuni Shrine that cause Koreans and Chinese went rage and TomoParu made same problem with the previous one. As for Korea side, there's Tiffany's rising sun sticker saga that caused K-netz went very angry and demanded her to go back to US.

16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    What sucks is that BTS has the opportunity to become the top Hallyu act in Japan, which is easily a lot more money they can make in Korea. Now they are going to take an existing song and release it as a single. I don’t think the Japanese public will be too excited about that. I hope their international success in NA and Europe don’t go to their heads and treat Japan as a non-essential market.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Slow down guys, some kpop fans (but not all) are SJWs and there're no times for debating with SJWs.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Can someone please give me the TL;DR version of why "Bird" got cancelled?

And can someone also please translate the tweet linked above?

19. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

*Plot Twist* Still they used AkiP lyrics but not named to him, is that possible?

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The song has been binned altogether, so no.

Also, AkiP's ego wouldn't let his lyrics appear anywhere without being credited.