1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Tbh she was my best bet for first keyakichan to graduate, she always seemed to be very serious about her studies and I'm assuming that's the ultimate reason she decided to leave. Best wishes for her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Tomochin has since then been graduated, but almost five years after this post, and Miichan - the remaining original (1st generation) member of AKB48 - still hasn't announced graduation yet...what's with the holdout? (Then again, she was part of AKB48 since she was only 13 years old...)

That's two members Keyakizaka46 are about to lose after Zuumin, and that's the second Sakamichi graduation announcement in about 50 hours (after Nanase from Nogi, which was a really big matter)...

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

kirk.jpg

Nah bruv, that's not really how it went down. 2013 was the first year where members had to submit their entry to the SSK themselves rather than just automatically being in it and things weren't really worked out like they are today where you can have members not enter and it isn't automatically a grad flag. Back then, coming up to the deadline anyone who hadn't already entered and was an older member had grad rumours. Sayaka was one of those and as there wasn't a Team K show in the short time coming up to deadline she announced via blog, she was rather bounced into doing it that way.

And yeah, it was anti-climactic. I think all of us who've watched 48 group for a long time could practically recite the start of a grad speech, with it's attendant moment of anticipation and dread when they step forward and start to say "Watashi wa...." etc with all it's attendant pauses and dramatic silences :lol:

But that's not really the case. Sakamichi come off mostly as upper class girls whereas AKB (especially in the early days) come off as mostly from working class/middle class families. Nogizaka members are like the girls from a fee-paying boarding school whereas AKB girls are the type of girls from the public school you actually went to or girls working in the conbini on your street.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    if nogi has theatre, they would make the announcement there as well..or maybe not because they are classy and didnt like to spoil live events mood with disappointment news.

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    You are aware it could interpreted that this is implying that (all?) AKB members are the opposite of classy, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    so many BUTThurts.i wanna reply to raveen because he seems like to use sarcasm although i think he really meant what he said but nevermind. never cross in my mind that a grad announcement in blog will make such a huge deal..lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Now who’s butthurt?
    I only asked a simple question about your usage of the English language.
    You could just have answered with ‘no, no, no, that’s not what I meant at all’
    But you decide to go with this, so be it, but don’t claim the moral high ground please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    didnt you see my dislike? there are 5. i dont know how you english speakers interpreted my words, but i wrote normal things. and i want to reply to raveen.
    did you read his comment or not??

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You've seen the like/dislike ratio on my last few posts on this thread right? If you venture an opinion that isn't complimentary then be prepared for people not to like it. Goes with the territory.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ow, I've read plenty of posts by @Reveen that could be seen as controversial (yup, that's an understatement), but the last part about Nogi members seeming to be more upper class where AKB member are seeming to be working class wasn't one of them.
    because being working class is exactly what AKB was ment to be: 'Idols you can meet' ... idols who could well be in your school (and many have been in normal schools) .... idols that weren't your typical unreachable idols.

but that was about from which class they are .... upper class or working class ... it's about you roots, background and upbringing, there is nothing wrong with being working class, I'm working class, most people are.

you, on the other hand, were talking about 'having class" .... that's a completely different subject (but related) ... I'll try to explain:
    • old upper class British families think of new rich upper class people, the nouveau riche, as lacking class and look down on them. ( think of Rockefellers/Kennedys vs. Trump)
    • many people would say that people who like bling (like yankee girls in Japan) lack class, style or sophistication
    so I'm ok with Reveen saying AKB members are working class, as that doesn't have to mean they don't have class.
    An, btw, if you think that AKB members lack class (which I kinda doubt), well, you're entitled to your opinion (but this thread might not be the best place to say it :D).

btw, I'm not a native English speaker either.
    And Reveen might well be right about Nogi being upper class, I don't know that much about them really so I don't really care much about it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    its only a matter of presentation guys, no need to bicker about something so trivial

12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Mods? Mods? Where y’all at?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's not what I meant by normal. I was contrasting how they behave in terms of being entertaining. I feel like, for the most part, Nogi feels like they're just being themselves... Minus a couple of girls. Comparatively when I watch AKB I feel like I'm watching pro wrestling and everything is exaggerated for entertainment purposes.

I think you agree, though your preferences differ and you prefer the other type. As I said before, I do enjoy the spectacle, so I hope this doesn't come across as criticism of AKB. I prefer the other type when it comes to supporting someone though.

14. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Isn't Nogi exist because of AKB?
    So more "classy" right? :fear:

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Every single thing that happens in an idol group is carefully calculated by a panel of executives who are filtering every action through a lens that looks like this: $
    (except for when girls go rogue on Showroom which hasn't been screened by management for content lol)
    No one should kid themselves that any action an idol group takes is "natural" or "unnatural" - it's all calculated. Image is also a calculation.

I think I've said this before, but since AKB and Sakamichi are in direct competition with each other, it wouldn't benefit either side to be an exact copy of the other, so over time their images have been growing further and further apart to appeal to different fanbases. The effect of this divergence can be pretty clearly seen even on this forum. Nogi is gonna do what their image dictates, and AKB will do what its image dictates, and that they may be different shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    raveen's comment is sarcasm dude..or not. same with my comment after that.. maybe you just overreact to my reply because you didnt really understand his 'jokes'..maybe we should stop here too..

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 5
  18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Euh, with this kind of stuff it's always a case of perspective, if you are deeply religious person, yeah, you probably would find it offensive to your believe system.
    Is it meant to tease? sure .... is it overly explicit? .. meh, I don't think so.
    In the end it's just a girl eating some kind of snack (which she could have done a lot more explicitly sexual btw), the rest of it is all in your (and my) head.

Does it fit a squeaky clean idol image? nah ... for sure not .... but to call it offensive is bit over the top imho.

btw: as a participant, there was imho no debate over Reveen's statement, there as however a debate about 'classy' (and no, I don't want to restart that as that would be pointless)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1