1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 1st [Aitakatta] (2018/09/28)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jul 11, 2018.

1. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Last I heard (which was months ago), the location of the handshake event will be in Metro Manila as they want to try to create a stronghold there. There are plans to take it to other regions, but they're waiting to see how the album does in those places first.

If you still want the CD minus the ticket, I can send one of mine to yours for free.

2. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Thus my point; some of the late preorders may end up not getting their physical edition for quite some time and since preorders are top priority, that means they may not be in the stores at all--supposing they underestimate. I guess what we should start with is the average purchase per wota of the first press that includes the handshake ticket and other potential extras. I guess a good way to evaluate that is to determine how many new wotas there are because of MNL48 because the new wotas may not necessarily know they could use multiple handshake tickets.

And then it also comes down to culture. I'm not sure if people in the Philippines support locals like they do in other parts of the world, but you could have a whole barangay buying an album especially if the barangay is small enough. Again, not sure if Filipinos support their locals if it's in the Philippines only, I'm sure you would know better than I.

Then there are the out of country wotas who like physical albums and will find ways. I don't think Star Music is accounting for me to be buying a first press, but the chances of it happening are favorable.

There are just so many variables. However, since you have personal experience during your OJT that aligns well with the average first press and expected sales numbers, then there may not be any issues at all. However, if Star Music runs a first press of, say, 200k and the preorders are 250k, can you describe both the process and length of time it would take to react to that? I just went with a small disparity rather than a larger one (100k first press 500k preorders) because it seems more likely that the disparity would be smaller.

3. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    PLEASE tell me when they release it digitally I can access it internationally.

I wanna get it too :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. dunkindonato

Good question, and the best answer I can think of is that subsequent batches may be on order. It's only really the first batch that takes time printing. Subsequent batches get pressed and it would probably take a week at the most from pressing to actual delivery.

For this first batch, I would guess that the order may be for between 300 to 500k because the initial orders will include allowances for complimentary copies, copies to be distributed per store, copies allotted for online orders and the copies they will sell during events.

Do note that the MV generated around 300k views inflated by repeated viewings and international fans. So 300k might be a reasonable number.

In the end, though, you make a good point by warning of the danger of having too many copies in circulation. Which is why I think the first week is very crucial as we'll only really know by now how things will work out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Perhaps this is why it appears that only preorders get the HS ticket for this first single, that way they can have a baseline in the future for likely sales.

6. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    1.) ONLY Pre-orders got HS Ticket? O___O
    2.) No unfiltered MV since they never mentioned it anywhere? (No DVD)
    3.) Don't you think UmiSaya got by Team L based on grades? (I find it weird) ((So it is really Gab/Sela center? Read this from twitter like last month))

7. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

To me it would make sense from a business standpoint. This is a physical item that also has printing and processing costs. I was trying to leave Manila one time and I had to pay at the airport for my ticket to be printed. Also imagine how many people might buy a copy in a year or two and not read the dates for the HS event? You should see how people in the US act when they have a coupon for 50 cents that expired months ago but they feel entitled to use it... Also it would force the hardcore wotas to pony up early rather than buying them over time. This would provide a substantial amount of information on how many CDs they can move based on the HS ticket since the general population won't be preordering it since they'll either buy it in the store or just buy it online. It creates a kind of guarantee that X number of people will buy this kind of item in the future so they have a baseline when pressing CDs in the future.

It would also mitigate the risk on HS day because staff will know exactly how many tickets are in circulation. They can then plan things like location and security based on those numbers, rather than making an estimate that could later be incredibly low if there's a late push to buy the physical copies. And if they allowed the HS tickets to be part of regular distribution, how would they know the number of people who wanted the HS tickets vs. people who just wanted the CD? This basically answers the question.

Not to play electronic semantics but it is pretty easy to sneak a video file onto a regular CD. You just wouldn't be able to play it on the CD, you'd have to transfer it or 'install' it. Or a smart user can put the CD in a computer disc tray and copy it or watch it. It would be an incredibly old tech way to do it, yes, but not impossible by any means

8. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    ^I see. (Re: HS tickets) I guess HS Tickets x Pre-Order is safe, also monitoring the serials will make easier for them,

With the video, I get it (my BoA CDs before got the same feature)-- but with the price, I find it so cheap if it comes with a video content, so I doubt they included a video. (Or maybe, surprise surprise!)

I read your discussion earlier and just wanted to add but I think it's kind of irrelevant: Iirc, BNK48 also do pre-order system since CD factories and the likes kinda declined in Thailand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dunkindonato

The same is true in the Philippines too. I personally think that the only reason why MNL48 is keeping the physical copies is due to the handshake tickets (and Star Music still does release CDs). That said, I am ALL for having e-tickets if the sales of the digital copies would warrant such a function.

10. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    42467496_878575905673434_3526506245546573824_n.jpg
    What do you think the '3 days to go' thing is about?

11. dunkindonato

Maybe 3 days to go before the Myx reveal? Or maybe there's an announcement in 3 days?

Maybe a record deal signing or whatever.

12. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

online release?

Actually since they are supposedly shipping preorders during the first week of October for the physical edition, it would be reasonable that Friday be the "release" day for the digital, given that the next "work day" (I know it's different in the Philippines) is October.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever posted it in the other thread... I was right!:D https://twitter.com/StarMusicPH/status/1044509506187808769?s=19

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  13. dunkindonato

14. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I may still want to purchase a CD. I like CDs. I bought physical CDs while I was in South Korea and Japan. And I've got a small handful of Filipino/Bisayan CDs I bought while in Davao. I also wish I could get my hands on a Moonstar88 CD but alas I couldn't find any while I was in PH. :p

15. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dunkindonato

Moonstar's past their prime which makes it difficult to secure a copy. Sometimes they re-stock, but if they don't sell well, the store usually doesn't order a lot.

17. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

So I learned :p

18. dunkindonato

That's a shame, actually. When I transitioned my library from cassette to CDs, I missed out on the Eraserheads Albums. So what I did was settle for the Anthology set.

19. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    If i remembered correctly from somewhere but I think it was on mnlife which was awhile back, they talked about each teams being evaluated on a particular song and Team L won so I guess UmiSaya was for them.

20. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

• Agree Agree x 1