1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    No Tomu, no Akarin, no Seichan, no Yunana, no Moe.....NO WAY MAN.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Mai ?
    Why ? :^^;:

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. cahbr

cahbr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    A PD48-centric single without THE one and only PD48 reaction queen Megu? :glare:

But seriously, I'm not well informed enough yet on the current politics of AKB to talk about who shouldn't be there, but to have only one NMB member, especially with Sayanee graduating soon seems... irresponsible at best. Also, would it have killed them to have at least one of Tomu, Mako or Komiharu there? Really? Poor Tomu.

Still... happy to see Miho and Miyu included. And congrats to Miu and Hiichan on their first senbatsu!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Follow IZ*ONE on vlive. They will update often and subs are available in multiple languages. If you can't follow them because they are will Korean idols then you can't be helped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Shut up, emoji-only post triggered my OCD :p
    ========
    Also yeah, also a day change in JST. I suppose we're already past the shock of the reveal and can wrap up our "Yay, she gone" game..
    You still can't? NO WAY MAN. Don't trigger me.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    My theory about just 1 spot for NMB.

Honestly I'm so much worried that there's some toxic situation between NMB's agency and AKS (just NMB in Japan is not under AKS). Please, look that NMB members are going to be more and more separated from core 48. Also they've announced that they'll not look for new generations by 2 years after recruiting newgens this year.
    Girls don't want to join NMB because of 2 years penality after leaving NMB if they don't want to work for Yoshimoto. In AKB or other groups there're not regulations like this. I hope that's just my theory, but NMB is really on highway which endpoint's name is "group's disbandement", especially after Sayenee's graduation. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The single will be released in Nov but their last activity in October. Does this mean the front line won't participate in the live performances for this single?

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The "we're not getting anyone in 2 years" was mistranslated.
    They got a huge D3 gen and that didn't stop them from getting a huge 6th gen and end up with 30 KKS.
    Unless they got a huge graduation wave coming, sure, they should be fine until 2020, but they can't know that.

Also, the 2 year penalty of Yoshimoto is gone.

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    CGI Sakura, CGI Nako and CGI Hiichan :1st:

• Winner Winner x 17
  11. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    It's really good to hear that, because that was really stupid and unfair to them. For example Milky has not possibility to do anything by 2 years :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    The first live performances are often a few weeks ahead of the actual release.
    So in theory they could do some in October. All depends how far they are with their preparations. But KoiChun showed that they can churn out a single surprisingly fast if they need to.

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

One comment from a Sakura fan being happy that there's no Jurina (yes it was uncalled for) -> pages and pages of comments insulting Sakura, insulting her fans... like really now... my God :fp: you guys were waiting for this opportunity, right.

it's been a while I didn't read an AKB single threads on this forum, I forgot how childish it can get here. Just give it a dislike and move on. the irony of calling a whole fandom rude because of a minority of 2-3 messy users, but then turning this whole thread into anti-Sakura... seriously? it's the same people who have been hating on Sakura for years anyway. She'll be gone soon, don't worry. it's her last single, let her fans have their moment. smh :fp: well I guess you can be proud for being a Sakura hater until the very end. the insults are weak btw she's still doing much better than any AKB member and than most 48G members.

Anyway... I'm going to enjoy this last single of Sakura for what it is, since I don't even know if I'll still be a fan of idols in 2021. D: 2019 will be really different though with Sayanee gone, Jurina maybe still on hiatus, Sakura gone, Nako gone (she's new to AKB's senbatsu but yeah). I think they'll push Yuiyui as center again tbh, and I'd like it, rise Team 8 <3 Yuiyui might also become the best HS seller of all 48G since the top 2 are gone (Sayanee & Sakura). I'm still annoyed with the whole decision and Sakura leaving AKB/HKT but it's not like anything can be done, so well... it is what it is.

• Like Like x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    As I was wondering if we're reading the same thread i actually took my time to read the whole thread (tutto completo).

Starting with all posts that are even remotely against Sakura:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-54th-no-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/#post-1526537
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-3#post-1526582
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-3#post-1526584
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-5#post-1526674
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-5#post-1526725

The other side that's in need of some heat:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-2#post-1526576
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-3#post-1526616
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-4#post-1526620
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-4#post-1526641

General refueling:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-5#post-1526697
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-5#post-1526733

Bitching about a so-called Anti-Sakura army
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-4#post-1526657
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-5#post-1526694
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...-way-man-2018-11-28.22395/page-7#post-1526880

So i'm counting the massive amount of 7 posts that could be remotely considered "Anti-Sakura". The other side is represented by neglectable 7 posts including the post that started this mess.
    Please be reminded that this is post 138. Your kindness is much appreciated

• Winner x 22
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

On the one hand I'm happy with the size of Senbatsu on the other I don't know why it couldn't have been trimmed down by 2 to 21. For me the best things about it are that Myao made 2nd row for this and that Takeuchi Miyu gets to experience Senbatsu a 3rd time before she graduates. In the case of Sakura centering it I understand why they would go with her for the center, but just like with Kimi wa Melody the timing of her being chosen to center something feels really off setting and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With Kimi wa Melody it didn't feel right for them to have AKB's 10th anniversary single titular track centered by a sister group member.

Now with this, it's not that Sakura isn't the correct choice but that the single is coming out after the SSK victory single which due to circumstances admittedly beyond her own control has mostly had its titular track performed in a W center reminiscent format with her and Suda Akari in the W center positions. That already felt like she was being rewarded (if I count the big role she had in the MV for the song where she utterly eclipses Suda who ranked 2nd it gets even worse), but now she's also officially centering the next single so it feels like she's being rewarded even more (and whether she deserves it or not is not of importance, I don't begrudge her these triumphs I just can't appreciate them the way I otherwise might if the timing was better). All of that said I wish Sakura the best while she is away. I don't follow Nako or the Team 8 girl enough to have an opinion on their departures, but best of luck to them while away too.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I was going to say "Really got tired as shit of this failed Nakai goripush"
    ...then I remembered it was sadly to be expected: it's not even her agency that's so hellbent on pushing her per se and exercising an overbearing influence. The real problem comes from the inside, in that it's AKS itself which is still unwilling to accept the fact that back in 2016 it was just a brief flash in the pan and are still desperately trying anything under the sun to make this lost cause remotely marketable again, clearly because of how lazy and sclerotic they are at decision-making more than anything else.

Let's just make this clear: most of the push to this day is still thanks to the direct involvement of Akimoto who's pulling all the strings himself, and himself only. None of these jobs of hers are earned because of an actual popular demand from the outside, but is shit she got handed over for free from him, as part of this endless self-aggrandizement promotion, in the vain hope it will eventually pay off somewhere down the line for all the initial investment spent on her (when so far it only ended up being a loss and countreproductive for everyone involved), because yes, after all this time, they are still stuck in the initial phase of the push, still grasping for popular acceptance that could legitimize it.
    The fact that out of the three ~regular shows~ she is in -- which are mistakenly claimed as ~outside work~ despite the blatant inside connections -- all three happen to have Akimoto as the planning director should actually be a matter of embarrassment and should raise a few questions about who put her there and for what purported achievements, too.

And it doesn't work. Even less enviably, one of these is doing so atrociously bad it can barely manage to rake in a viewer rating of 0.5% on TV despite airing every day at such an advantageous time slot as 5 PM.
    It used to be not much better even a month after it began, by which I mean that it was barely 0.7% -- and I also dare you to watch an episode of it live on Showroom (since it does even there) and see if there's a day where it can get more than 2500 cumulative viewers by the end of the broadcast, because I checked and still haven't, despite the show's claims of reaching out to a hypothetical online audience. Even Kimi Dare mops up the floor multiple times with this certain unnamed show, and I loved Kimi Dare for the record.

In normal circumstances this would've been grounds for instant cancellation (and the shipping of everyone involved to South Africa to mine uranium with their bare teeth, I might want to say). Hell, I remember how Shuukan AKB was erased from the programming schedule, without ifs or buts, for performing not even nearly as bad as that and there's people who still mourn its demise to this day. All the more reason to wonder what their purpose is to let this one stay up for so long, if not to put up a feeble pretense, by showing that she's busy doing ~things~, that it's all going ~successfully~, and that the king isn't naked at all, at least in the eyes of those too ignorant to know (or who don't want to know) any better.

In retrospect, I feel only pity for Oht*Pro because they thought they had bought a golden-egg goose back in the day but instead they didn't realize the bubble was about to burst in the faces, and only ended up with a lemon (not in a Miorin sense), who's hardly a crowd-puller (even less in a desirable way) let alone a money-maker. AKS must be really indebted to them if they are forced to pull such miserable tricks to ensure that any of the "assets" that Oht*Pro purchased are going to be worthwhile investments to them.

Then again, the senbatsu lineup for the AKB singles has always been founded on mindless cronyism, of which this is such an example, and not meritocracy anyway, and I'd be lying if I say I had ever thought otherwise of it.
    Part of the reason I never had any interest in participating or even reading any discussions regarding any of them in the past, and I think I'll continue doing so from here on too...

---
    With regard to the whole IZONE debacle, what I see it as is another prime example of the hopeless incompetence displayed by modern Japanese companies when it comes to conducting deals with foreign partnerns, and how powerless they are that they can't even re-negotiate any parts of the contract that clearly go against their interests and just end up shooting themselves in their foot.
    People keep asking why Japan can't expand their businesses worldwide as they used to do, they cite anything from ~creepy, un-exportable otaku culture~ to WWII war crimes, yet here we have the case of an agency that gets shafted and duped so easily into signing skewed agreements, apparently without having a say in anything, that it's no wonder it doesn't get taken into serious consideration.
    Also, I'm going to agree with what I've read someone say elsewhere: I'm sorry for Sakura, but by the time she'll return in 2.5 years she won't find anything close to the HKT she used to know and I wonder how she might end up feeling at it. I might add, she'd actually be lucky there'll be a HKT at all at this rate -- between the whole aces lineup decapitated as a result of this misguided idea, the other potential candidate on an indefinite hiatus, and the fact that HKT has been too confident in itself and waited too long before even considering grooming up a new generation of aces for contingencies like these -- if Sashihara cares so much about the survival of her children she better stay in the group until her hair turns gray, literally.
    That is, unless IZONE proves to be an immediate flop and it gets disbanded and everyone is free to repatriate before the end of what essentially looks like a slave contract, which is a scenario I'm not discounting in the least.
    Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sakura take a leaf out of Harugon's book in the meantime, and, you know, choose to stay over there for the foreseeable future, after she'd have nothing else to consider a home...

Good night.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    That's why i said almost, but the truth is that since i'm a dd and time is gold i will always prefer the content where i get to see more of my favorites and not only two of them, not to mention that i don't like k-pop, no matter how some might think that not liking things that they do like is bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

They could’ve had a double A-side, drop the top 20 PD48 girls in one of them, have a separate Senbatsu in another, and baam. Everyone will be satisfied. Sakura can still center, an AKB girl can also center, and Kojimako/Renacchi/Hinatan/Tomu/whoever can all be included. The PD48 A-side promotion can end after the 3 izone members leave while the other A-side continue.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I am happy that management did 2 right things for this single:
    - Not to announce this single in Janken. It would have destroyed the event,
    - Admit what most of the fans will say: “No way man”

• Winner Winner x 6
  20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I'm glad that this is supposed to be the P48 single. Top20 is all there, I see it as a fitting reward after what girls like Myao and Miyumiyu achieved, but for Miyumiyu it is just too late. A good farewell gift for her overall, just so wotas can see what they allowed to be wasted.

I'm also okay with the Jurina and Sakura situation. Jurina is not in full condition yet, and the izone girls will leave for 2.5 years so this is a fitting farewell. By the 55th Jurina will be back and all will be well for her. But Tomu. TOMU. JFC why would they drop Tomu.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2