1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Nogizaka46 22nd [Kaerimichi wa Toomawari Shitaku Naru] (2018/11/14)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Can't wait to see how it looks like - on Blu-ray...since this single is going to be coming not with DVDs, but Blu-rays - and, you know, video quality: Blu-ray 1080p > YouTube 1080p (highly compressed).

2. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

This is clearly a graduation single and I know Nanase fans will be happy so I won't complain, but, honestly speaking, as a "3rd party" in this case (cause I can't say I am her fan nor am I a very sentimental person), it's a pretty boring MV and the screen time distribution is almost Keyaki-level bad. I don't know why but the song sounds even less interesting with the MV than it sounded without it.
    Anyways, what you're gonna do - you're gonna like some things, you're gonna dislike others.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. kanonBear

kanonBear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Maybe I'm reading too much into the MV, but I see lots of references to various moments in Nanase's career and MVs. Along with the jacket covers, they're like deep cuts for her fans.

4. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

5. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    Emm... everyone notes that, the watch of the "Normal" Nanase, is the same watch from Kidzuitara Kataomoi?
    If you don't believe me...

44407354_10217601617776265_2564611546097385472_o.jpg and 44188886_10217601622616386_944175167624445952_o.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Basically, Nanase thanks her idol persona for shaping her today and she seems most likely to pursue a career as an artist after that. To be honest, I don't complain about the screentime of other members. It is her last single so let it be memorable. Overall, I like the song and the mv. would rate 8/10.

7. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So, there are 2 paths of life:

- The first one is where she catches up with the bus and enjoys her school life. She then takes a test and gets into an art university/college. In other word, a normal life like a normal girl.
    - The second path is where she misses the bus, gets discovered by a talent scout and then later joins an idol girl group which is similar to her current life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Imo, the talent scout is presenting her parents. If i remember correctly, the one who pursuing her to take the audition is her parent. And when she want to quit she said that she thinks about her parents and decide to stay.

9. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    :(the emotions and memories just keeps coming while watching it.

10. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Honestly, Nanamin’s grad single and MV really was much more heartbreaking than this. And that is what I think most of us expected for Nanase. But I am not disappointed with the MV.

Like what they said here, it told us Nanase’s life in Nogi. Like how she is not really interested with the idol life because I think she would want to pursue a career as an artist or something, but even though at first, she was hesitant if she would continue with Nogi, eventually she found strength in a lot of things like the members around her (that’s why I really love how they focused Kazumin looking worried for her as we all know those two are really close). The Manatsu part reminded us of the conflict she had with Naachan but was resolved in the end and this time, repeating what happened during the 2nd bday live, it was Manatsu instead who said “Welcom back” to Naachan. Also while theye were in the audience, Reika and Waka are beside her reminding us of Mukaichi no Lion which is one of the most memorable part of Naachan’s life in Nogi.
    I am also really happy that she is between IkuMai during the dance practice scenes because I really think that the formation should have been like that. I’m glad that the management highlighted that one. (It’s just my opinion, but I always see them as the perfect front regardless who is the center between the three of them. I’m sorry if others have different opinions. ) I’m just happy that even in just few seconds, I saw that formation again :cute:<3.

And I honestly don’t complain with the screentime for other members. I’m sure all of us also want to see our other oshis, although in my case, I’m a little lucky because IkuMai were focused several times in the MV, but also wanted more. But, like what I said before, I wouldn’t really mind even if it is only Naachan in the whole MV because I think she deserves the spotlight and I’m sure the members would think the same as it already her last.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I would be lying if I say I'm completely satisfied with the new song (and MV). Now, the MV is well-made, if a bit simple (as in "not extravagant") and everyone is gorgeous (particularly Nanase!)... but I think I'm kind of expecting something more in line with SayoImi. The song, while good, is not really that memorable for me. It's Nanase's last, so I kind of expecting more. I hope she gets a nice solo in this single.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Im a bit worried about Sakurai and Miona being with Waka and Naachan among the audiences.

13. Golden Seraphim

Golden Seraphim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Summary of the MV: One day, when Nanase was running to get in the bus. Suddenly, two routes have been created using the parallel universe theory. But instead, they live in the same universe, with the same school uniform. One being an idol, one being an art student. Both Nanase meet in the concert at the end

14. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I noticed that too. I just hope it's just for the MV and has no other meaning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Eventhought i hope Miona will stay longer, but i can see that she's been left out for this past 2 single.

16. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

SayoImi set the bar so high when it comes to graduation song (title track). I'll be lying if I say this song gave me the same "graduation" feel but honestly it doesn't matter. I'm not really expecting much from it, like make me emotional and cry. The song is good enough I think. The MV is ok maybe. Screen time is the last thing I'll complain about. I mean even if Naachan gets 90% of it and some members have little to none, I have no issue. This is her last single. I honestly don't know what to make of the MV :^^;: but reading all the interpretation given here, yup, it's really nice.

17. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Super quick impressions:

On first listen, I fell in love with the music video. While it's a bit of a shame that most members get barely any screentime, I somehow think it's okay for this. In many ways, the history of Nogizaka is the history of Nishino Nanase, and this MV is a celebration of her time in the group. Where Harujion and SayoImi are heartbreaking, this is uplifting and bright.

On second listen, I concentrated on the song without watching the MV. It didn't fully gel with me the first time around, but on this second go I found a lot of things to like about it. Like usual, I enjoy how layered the composition is. I'd be lying if I said I loved it, but I have a feeling this song will grow on me. The quick sample of Harujion's melody at the beginning was a nice touch. The piano intro also reminded me a little of a song called "Memories" by Man With a Mission. It's kinda funny because the MV for that song has a similar sort of vibe.

I'll need some more time with the song to give a more robust comment on it, but that will come later. This is because on fifth listen I got a little emotional at the thought of Naachan leaving that I had to go do something else. Haven't listened to again after that because it would be too painful :^^;:

18. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

This is a beautiful grad song, looks like i'm watching a scene from a movie.
    The story
    Those little things that made you remember all the things
    like.. She start from kizuitara, then the others song.. then they end it like all those concept become one.
    the MV is like how normally naachan said, that what if i don't take this audition...

the MV is beautiful but will make you cry.
    THANK YOU NAACHAN. THE SMILE IS SO BRIGHT
    and naachan smile at the last scene is sooo beautiful

9/10 for this MV

19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Almost cry at work lmao. Actually I almost cry at Manatsu's "okaeri" scene...what's the problem between Nanase and Manatsu anyway?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    It was during Seifuku no Mannequin senbatsu announcement, Naachan felt bitter when Manatsu was called and was chosen as one of the front liners even though she was absent for a long time yet Naachan was pushed to the back row. It was Manatsu's first senbatsu btw.