MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Deni

Deni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    thaliaivankaelizabeth
    im sorry but how come she doesnt have internet, is internet expensive in india?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Um, do you think many Indian teenagers know this girl? Rem_Anime.png
    Popularity of every overseas 48 group is build by weeaboos in such countries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

Who's Rem?

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I was just taking an example of what weebz like because I argue that every overseas 48 group grows its popularity by weebz from their country. So I wonder if there's anyone weeb in India.

Yeah, I know that not all weebz like idols and not all wotas like animes.

5. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

And yet you have the only two people to reply to you having no idea... who is Rem?

6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    For those who didn't get it so I picked a non idol example that is pretty popular among weebz or otakus outside Japan to assume if she's pretty popular in India. So I assume if this example is pretty popular in India then MUM48 can be popular too.

Rem is a character of Re: Zero.

But looks like Satania from Gabriel Dropout is more popular tho, seen memes about her in r/animeme everyday.~

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    ^ I don't live in India, I am an International Fan, I do know who Rem is, I never watched RE: Zero.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Just an FYI I have never met a weab who liked 48g and I've never met a 48 stan who was into anime. I'm sure there is a lot of crossover, but anime folk tend to enjoy things like Perfume, SCANDAL or Momoiro Clover Z nine times out of ten, and that other one would be that crossover.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  9. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    ^ I study Japanese, so I've met my fair share of weebs and it so far I'm the only one who also likes idols. plenty of weebs seem to enjoy idol anime (especially the young girls) but it doesn't seem to translate into becoming a fan of irl idols. It must happen tho, cus it happened to me. I imagine things would be different if a 48 group started in my country, cus even if weebs didn't like idols before they would probably be curious enough to give that group a chance, since it's based on a japanese concept.

10. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^Well if I may add on this topic all the people I know who love j-idols lowkey enjoy animes or are big fans of the idol anyme category (AKB0048, Macross, Love Live, etc) which is also my case.
    But yeah I don't know any weebo who is a fan of AKB48

Now coming back to MUM48 it truly would be sad if the project was canceled… I hope they'll find investissors who will accept to invest in the project and help with recruiting.

11. onego123

onego123 Member

I just noticed that none of the 48 Groups have MUM's website linked. SGO was announced several months after them, and some of them have their site linked.

I'm hoping for Honda since they work with several of AKB's overseas sister groups.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  12. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Hola ignorant person

• Winner Winner x 4
  13. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Hola mate, you need to go out often.....or you just dont know that there is akb48 anime?

But you met at least one person here who likes anime and stan 48 girls

Oh and do not familiar with perfume, scandal, i know momoiro clover but its because of pro wrestling (njpw's jado is a big fan)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  14. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

And a KaRa anime, too. However, we're talking about weabs "mate" and the AKB48 anime was made for Japanese fans (like 99.99% of anime) and not even all the AKB48 fans watch that anime.

LOL you both posted immediately after two others made similar comments to me, so...

For reference:
    The next two posts:

Perfume is an EDM group back when EDM wasn't cool around the world. SCANDAL is all female rock. Take note, there are a lot of people who enjoy Japanese culture but aren't heavy into anime so they actually bother with the culture (and get the references in anime without humble bragging like a typical weabo). As an on topic reference, someone can really enjoy India's culture without having watched any Bollywood film since that's only one aspect. Anime and 48g are two different parts of Japanese culture and yes, while there are a lot of "green" minded weabs who just love to watch loli and AKB48 for the same reasons, the crossovers otherwise are much smaller than you think.

While we're at it, how come we're not talking about Neptunia games? Or Senran Kagura? Or Fire Emblem or the new mobile game, Dragalia Lost? Those all contain anime aspects that are much closer than 48g aspects. It seems a much smaller stretch to say that someone who is into anime styled video games would be into anime than someone who is into real girls doing a music performance on stage wearing skirts. However, since you think anime ---> 48g then anime inspired video games, with all of the same pantsu shots and lolis should also ---> 48g.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    i think choudai darling would be a good debut choice btw

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I think you misunderstood me like I don’t get why you quoted me in this lol
    I was just giving my own piece on the whole « What kind of wotas are there around you ? » topic, not making generalities about AKB stans around the world (or to stay in topic) in India, hence the « Coming back to MUM48 »

17. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Hmmm apparently, 3 people represent a population of 7 billion now...

I feel like one of the delays in MUM’s audition/whatever is finance issues. Might be a little stereotypical but India doesn’t seem like a very well off country. Of course, there’s the bigger cities but there’s also plenty of poorer cities. In order to start a group, a lot of money is needed and AKS can’t possibly cover all of the costs. There can be a chance that the group is in a funding and planning stage which can also explain why there’s no statements from the group.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I was into Anime before getting into AKB48 and it was thanks to 0048 that I became a fan of 48G. But, I was also into IRL idols too...mostly 2.5D idols though. ^^;; Still need to learn other IRL idols.

Back to MUM, since no one answered before, what kind of concept does anyone want to have for the teams?

19. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Since the producer said they want to empower girls I imagine the first team having strong girl image like wonder women hhh

20. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    man, their management surely is taking their time...
    so, I guess by early next year they'll gonna announce the 1st gen or the members will suddenly pop up like a mushroom within this year?

• Agree Agree x 3