1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Will definitely need a few more listens to like and I agree with everyone else that it has Keyaki vibes. Reminds me a bit of Kaze ni Fukaretemo especially the chorus. The beginning beats remind me of TT

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I like the chorus for sure. I'll look forward to the studio version it sounds like a banger atm. Good end of year song I suppose (kind of like High Tension). Looks like Sakura will be busting out some mad dance moves based on the snippets the girls showed on the radio show.

3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

This is definite not Kpop, I'd say something Keyaki would release.

I mean if they want Kpop then why not buy a Kpop track from say Black-Eye Pilsung or S.Tiger then Akip can write the lyrics.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

i surprisingly like it. iwhen i first heard the title and such i thought we’d get a crappy k-pop like song that’s rushed out for their departure. i just hope they changed “no way man” to something else, like the beginning of the chorus could’ve started with a catchy japanese phrase. it doens’t sound k-pop at all, i think it sounds kind of like keyakizaka46 because of the distinct beat at the back during the verses. you’ll hear a similar beat in the verses of kazenifukaretemo, and also in teacher teacher except TT is less distinct (even when i’m comparing audio vs. video) and gives a different vibe. i hope that made sense. you can imagine keyakizaka moving as a group and popping to it. overall it sounds like a song we would get if keyazakizaka and akb theatre songs had a child and named it Synth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_

Heol. No wonder when I heard it first time, it reminds me with N3's last song lol.

Tbh, it has neither k-pop vibe nor keyakizaka vibe. It's like mix of N3's last song and Koi no Onawa (with some Halloween Night vibe)​

6. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    LMAO.

Crap and Underwhelming

not surprised since their last 10 A-Sides are more than half of it were absolutely :censored: tier

• Dislike x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

What's up with Juri?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    What... is that? The choreo better be hella good, because the song is not doing it. If they want to go Kpop, the Japanese song for PD48 finale is how you do it right.

Really, first Ambivalent and now this, Aki-P is going EDM now, who's responsible for this lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    moeka

• Winner Winner x 15
  10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

This would have been a coupling track back around 2013, now they see it as an a-side...

• Agree Agree x 16
  11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Hmmm, something that will be Team A song for B-side back then. :D But I think they kill it this time. Would be something good and grow on people in my opinion. Especially those who just discover AKB through P48 or want to see Saku-Nako-Hii parting song. If you see Teacher2 MV comment section on YT, many new fans actually like it and also the center. So yeah, compare it to Teacher2 thread here :hehe:

I would say it is kpop-ish. After first listen the image for MV is dark color palette like SNSD "Mr. Mr." And dance heavy choreo. I didn't listen to Keyaki, but somehow their image also fit with the song. So after going Sayonara no Imi now going to Ambivalent+Kpop juice? :fear: And people will still complain :lol:

But of course some people here will say "what the hell is this :censored:" while some others loving it [hehe] usual things we do on single's thread right?

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. eriichan

eriichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chiba Erii
    it sounds so outdated

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. rmn89

rmn89 Member

just like any artists/performers. there will be a time when if you not careful, you will lose yourself in the process just to fulfill the public demands. this is it for AKB, they lost their own voice in attempt to be accepted to the wider audience. its tricky!. so i am kinda glad that every now and then they still coming back with songs like sentimental train. but seriously.... this is rather dissapointing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

NO way man... this single sounds like kpop?
    what is kpop about this? are people just mentiong kpop because of IZONE members?
    I've listened to kpop for 8 years and this song isn't even structured like a kpop song, nor does it even sound kpop

song is good so far for me, sounds like a fun song and the dance looks fun too
    singing and dancing and the music actually matches in speed (THANK GOD)
    Just hope they don't use too much crappy CGI mountains or CGI sakura, hyundai hitomi, and Kim Nako

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  15. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

What a great song. Now we need the MV. We can't have KFCv3 or Sentimental Trainv2 every release. The fast lyrics are great finally, I agree some 46 vibes here.

16. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    2013?

This song is def better than So Long, Sayonara Crawl, Heart Electric and that Suzukake......song

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Love it! TT 2.0:banana:

18. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I like the song! I've listened to it many times yesterday and today, and every time there seems to something new to be found in the song.

Someone on the ANN SR commented yesterday that it sounded like 90s Jpop, and I kind of agree with that person now.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Well, that's a nice lead. Care to share the example...for further research.

After 2nd and 3rd listen, this might be legit tho. Aren't people here waiting for Uza 2.0? This might come close IMO. Don't let me down MV!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Hey now, I'm looking forward to seeing CGI Sakura, Hitomi, and Nako in the MV (with CGI Jurina looking off in the distance).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1