1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    When I looked at the pictures, the first thing I noticed was the absence of high white boots. I don’t see the costumes as the same; the black shoes don’t really go with the costume colors (and I don’t see any black in the flag of the Philippines).

• Like Like x 1
  2. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

It's not an exact copy but really similar.

what I noticed is they are not wearing blazers anymore which means it suits PH weather perfectly

plus the black shoes remind me of PH school shoes :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yeah upon watching the video it is in La Mesa Eco Park. I've been there a lot of times and those long stairs (that lead to the view of the dam) is the signature look of that place. I do wish that they utilized more places but I think this is a step up from Aitakatta's filter lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I just went through a bunch of my wedding pictures and I can see just about every location "just over there". I actually had my mom watch part of the MV as well, and she really hates anything that isn't in English and it's also too early for watching videos, but once we got to the stairs in the MV she said, "yup, I've been there. And I walked those stairs. ..... that was a lot of stairs." My mom actually visited PH to see me married, which was cool, but now I have been able to share MNL48 with my two ladies in life because they filmed there.

5. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I feel you. I don't like it either. I kinda want them to use their own costumes just like JKT and BNK but I think they wouldnt keep this up and couldn't. Especially when they do Heavy Rotation and Kimi wa Melody. Which they can't really copy exactly.

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I third with the KFC costume rant. They should have made blue and red more dominant. And maybe have yellow accessories.

Oh well.

I just hope they can Filipinized the MV well. Maybe include mangtataho, fishball vendors, the tricycle, and the jeepney in the video.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I don't think that this is problem. Group is young (less than 3 months). I feel that all is like... pre-debut singles and MVs. Girls are growing and become more established(?), more polished. They are growing on their way and that's cool!

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. onego123

onego123 Member

I have to say I've been loving today so far. Team SH has finally debut, we got an update on MUM(which seems to be taking MNL's route), BNK and MNL both dropped new music videos, and MNL has teased a new one!
    EDIT: On the Heavy Rotation thing. If they do copy the MV I feel like they'll go with more of a pajama party theme.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Ooooh I like that idea! A pajama theme party!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

10. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I kind of wish MNL had their own KFC uniform design since that song is well... KFC.
    They already copied BNK's SakuHana uniform from head to toe like...
    [​IMG]

I don't mind taking inspirations but this is on another level :^^;: Imagine them collaborating and wearing the same uniforms lol BNK x MNL SakuHana and AKB x MNL KFC [hehe]

11. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yeah if MNL48 will do Heavy Rotation AKB48 inspired, I think it will be more like SNH48 which is a more wholesome version.

12. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Maybe pajama themed Hebirote. hihihi!

We are blessed and fed with MNL48 updates today.

Keep voting the girls in Himig Handog, MYX and other music charts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

For Heavy Rotation, I hope they follow the JKT route. I loved the cinematic feel to it.

14. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Random thoughts:
    - Nice MV's choice of scenery.
    - Lol at Sheki's 'headlock' expression.
    - Abby's expression can be a bit too dramatic... It's awkward lol.
    - I doubted Sheki as centre but she's doing well so far. She may not be the best visual, I may find some of her humor unappealing and she may look funny at times but her charisma is real.
    - KFC MV will be the real game changer for MNL48 IMO.
    - Hope some fans will stop ranting about the change of senbatsu line up for KFC. I know it can be disappointing but it's nice to have some variety too.
    - I wish the management does a live MV announcement similar to BNK48 where they reveal the next MV and who will be part of it. Like we can see the emotions of the girls who gets picked. It is just so thrilling and exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. JigglerCuddlerRattler

JigglerCuddlerRattler Kenkyuusei

16. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    i think the AKS has a say about the costumes because i saw in the credits of the TngS MV, Special support costume & hair makeup team, Shinobu Kayano is there, so maybe they also design the costumes, or a part of the designing team.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Woah someone made a massive dislike on posts LOL

If you ask a couple of months ago I'd say I don't care about YT view counts but right now for Talulot ng Sakura, I want it to reach at least 100k today but I guess we're not there yet? How fast did Aitakatta reach 200k?

• Like Like x 1
  18. JigglerCuddlerRattler

JigglerCuddlerRattler Kenkyuusei

3 weeks? if i remember it correctly

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

19. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I've got a feeling its one person.

Anyone wanna own up? Or at least explain why? Lol
    I'm assuming it's something to do with an opinion revolving around MNL's Heavy Rotation(?)

20. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    It's Deni right? That name has been disliking my posts multiple times. Guess he's being sensitive or whatever hahahah

• Like Like x 1