1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Don't get me wrong. I listened to all songs and not LVeR. The line distribution overall is a mess. I am not a fan of any these girls, like the release but with all the buzz, management could arrange more equalily the lines. I totally understand that the Main vocalists get more amount of time. But it feels like Dasu in Sentimental Train, totally uneven.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

I personally am reserving judgement on screen time and line distribution until the next release. I don't know about pronounciation issues (I mean, we have a Japanese song with the Korean girls singing and they definitely don't sound perfect), I just assumed that J-Line was still going back and forth between Japan and Korea and also had No Way Man recordings and such. I assumed they just didn't have the time to prepare enough? Overall the distribution was good enough not to bother me.

But yeah, if they stick J-line in the back again next release, then I'll start getting mad.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    unless those three going to improve their fluent in korean, i dont think they will get more screentime. hopefully they arent too shy like mina, and get more talkative as sana and momo. if not, they wont get anywhere..
    the main song so good though..and besides j-line, i still dont like the others..wooyoung is a child and can see on her childish face..although im glad they didnt go to cute cringe song because of her.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm glad Sakura is having that popolarity boost but I hope they will not treat her bad during these 2.5 years.

Leaving AKB for this new direction was a big risk for a big name like her so they better no play dirty with her and using her just to boost their korean girls.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

A well known pianist Youtuber cover some songs from COLOR*IZ mini album
    La Vie en Rose

if the video does not show watch the video here

You're In Love, Right?

비밀의 시간 (Memory)

꿈을 꾸는 동안 (As We Dream)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
  7. Bee

Bee Kenkyuusei

Not yet.

Btw to the mods, I believe IZ*ONE should get their own subforum section (IZ*ONE News and Announcements, IZ*ONE discussion) or stay here. Reason being even on the website, their profiles are listed as a new group and for IZ*ONE to be shipped off to the bottom of the forum page considering the group was made from a 48 Collab would just feel off.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. missregular48

missregular48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It´s kind of a thing that every winning PRODUCE groups have their versions of the show´s final original songs and theme song

[Mod note: avoid double posting.]

KBS bans every K-Pop song even with one japanese word, it´s kind of their law

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
  10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Nominated for Best New Female Artist for the 2018 MAMAs (After Officialy debuting a couple of days ago lol)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    How a Mnet creation can be nominated for the Mnet Asia Music Awards ?
    It will remain a mystery :chuffed:

• Winner Winner x 5
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    MAMA 2018's Female ROTY winner confirmed :awesome:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    You know what, I'm totally okay with Mnet possibly being biased towards their own group here, lol.

Also, I broke the repeat button while listening to La Vie en Rose, send help. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    That M-Countdown recording was a special stage and they finished filming at 5am :shock:
    I read some fan accounts and they were all amazed by the performance and the girls.

It also seems their debut is all but declared a smash hit. Their CDs are sold out in two of the largest Korean online retailers, Synnara and Aladdin. They've already broke the record of most CDs sold by a female group in their debut, and it seems they'll be reaching top boy group territory. They're also performing in 4 out of 6 top Korean music shows, the exceptions being Inkigayo (not airing) and Show Champion.

They've also just been nominated for Best New Female Group for MAMA 2018 [hehe]
    https://twitter.com/MnetMAMA/status/1057909347500486656

• Like Like x 3
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_

Anyway, MAMA 2018's voting time has been started! You can vote IZ*ONE (+ 17 random nominees) daily here: http://mama.mwave.me/en/vote
    Voting periode: 1st Nov 6PM KST - 9th Dec 11:59PM
    You can use any SNS accounts for login even you can create million free accounts :awesome:

UPDATE: More videos

(You can check individual cams on M2's YT Channel)

IZ*ONE CHU #2 longer preview

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

The fight isn't going to be easy against (G) I-DLE. Far from it!
    Not to mention fromis_9 and LOONA. Very nice year 2018 for KPOP.

17. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Sakura looks so awkward with a ponytail and she's not that great at aegyo, yet. In O' My she's got one of those voices that don't really fit in and I can't figure out why. Nako and Hitomi blend in with the rest so well it's amazing. I am not a fan of Eunbi but she seems to have the strongest voice in these two performances. Yena... like I said before she's got a great rapper voice. I think Noe would've been better but she didn't make it, but Yena is still perfect for that role. Hyewon looks out of place just like Chaoyue in Rocket Girls. In fact, if there is a "thing" that they have, they both have it -- they're almost the same.

I love both of these performances, though. I hope the Japanese girls get a chance to perform No Way Man at least once so I can properly compare them.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Agreed (Current Rankings so far for Best New Female Artist).
    http://mama.mwave.me/en/rankingDetail?sectionID=2
    (G)I-DLE (59.03%)
    IZ*ONE (18.35%)
    LOONA (8.82%)
    fromis_9 (6.42%)
    GWSN (4.21%)

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    My only complain for Color*IZ is Beautiful Color is their superior song but they don't even promote it, not even at the debut showcase. Kinda gutted about this honestly.

• Like Like x 3
  20. cahbr

cahbr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yeah, it's gonna be tough to beat g-idle in votes, partially because they have the same kind of 'Blackpink' vibe (read: stereotypical girl crush) that intl fans love so they got quite popular intl as well as in Korea.

*shameless promo time* if y'all have no one to vote for Vocal Performance Group and you wanna give some votes to Mamamoo.... that's something y'all could maybe do lol.