1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It makes most sense to translate it as "life through pink [glasses]". Basically means, you're looking at the world or a situation in a more positive light than it actually is. "The life of the rose" would be "la vie de la rose"

• Like Like x 3
  2. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    That's why I said that it might have been shelved due to the company going with a different direction in terms of their comeback. I for one wouldn't want this direction for CLC as their songs would be too inconsistent to capitalize on the bandwagon fans or the new fans that they earned from Black Dress.

Ooh I didn't know that.

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If you are referencing to Edith Piaf's song, it is the life of a woman in love.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I for one think that La Vie en Rose wouldn’t be a good song for CLC especially if they wanna keep up their Black Dress hype (they would not want Hobgoblin 2.0 lmao) and i do think it’s more suitable for IZ*ONE since the song itself doesn’t portray a “cute” or “girl crush” or “sexy”, it is just what it is (on the contrary, it’s be wise if CLC goes with girl crush-sexy for their comeback instead of a song like LVeR)

And yeah IZ*ONE would probably be sweeping the rookie nominations next year other than in MAMA (kinda wish they weren’t up for MAMA either cuz fromis can really use another roty)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I love Eunbi's voice and Eunbi's charisma when dancing (she's the only decent singer in the group. there's reason why they heavily autotune yuri's voice).
    But the 'demo'/'original' sounds much better, even during Eunbi's part.

I'm glad they gave a really strong debut song to Izone though. The mv was simple (kinda Very3x! vibe), but addictive.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

She's much better than the rest, but by far she's not the only decent singer.

7. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Um Chaeyeon would like a word.............

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, the producer twerked the song a bit to fit IZ*One better. The CLC's version was sexier. For example, "I'll make it red, make it red" was originally "You make me red, make me red". Hence, there was this beta choreo

if the video does not show watch the video here

What I like most about CLC's version is the deep "La la la la vie en rose".

By the way, I think no one has posted this.

It's the interview with the choreographer on the choreography of La Vie en Rose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

That's similar to TWICE first week numbers for their Korean Albums. IZ*ONE already with one album surpassed all other Girl Group (except TWICE) Oricon sales on a Korean album in one week. That's great numbers. Great potential. As TWICE is the 4th best selling Girl Group in 2018 (in Japan) this year. Only behind AK48,NG46,KY46. So these numbers are a great indication that they already have a large fandom in Japan

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Given that they are 1/4 a 48g...

EDIT: some people are dislike crazy lol 3 girls are from 48g. That is literally 1/4 of the group. You dislike math? Me, too but it is still factually accurate lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Speaking of TWICE, their one day physical sales data was released for their latest single and it was actually lower than Colorize. This is a group that’s in their prime and sitting on top of the mountain as far as girl groups goes. It really goes to show how insanely good IZ*ONE’s debut has been thus far.

https://twitter.com/nayeonspapi/status/1059808292170420224

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

oricon only counted 3 days, not a full week. in 3 days, izone sold 12,000 physicals and 3000 digitals. twice sold around 27k the first week for a korean album, and it wasn't their debut album, and they had a full 7 days
    there was no japanese promotion for izone, it's not a japanese debut, yet they still sold 15k total in 3 days and ranked 1st in both physical and digital weekly charts. that's pretty good.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I honestly don't remember where I read it, it might've been this thread, but whoever mentioned Music Plaza in Ktown to buy the CDs, thank you! Amazon.jp wouldn't ship to either location I have saved and I wasn't too keen on CD Japan's random pick as I wanted both versions.

• Like Like x 3
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    you make me red sounds more sexy.
    would wish they release the original clc version. and i hope chowon would make a cover out of it .-.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I honestly thought it was a play on "You make me wet" lmao

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

IZ*ONE's overall numbers (Gaon) for their album will be released sometime today or Thursday. In my time it releases on a Wednesday so I am not sure exactly when the numbers will drop. But we should see it today. We might actually be able to hit 100,000.

Yeah and 3/4 of the group are literally unknown Korean girls with no prior fanbases at all. WOTA's are infamous for not supporting their faves outside of the AKB franchise. It's why we still don't have an A-Lister, or S-Lister AKB soloist in any fields. Some have been able to hit B-Lister level and maybe if you reach A-Level but only for a brief second. Most have just fell out of the entertainment industry as a whole. If they are lucky the can be a consistent C-Lister.

So the fact that they are doing well so far is a good thing. If they can gather a fandom up they will be able to tour and have successful Japanese releases.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Mnet released a bunch of Chu clips, and they're all a minute long. I thought this one was interesting because while Hitomi is playing around with the camera, you can hear Sakura and Chaeyeon talk about or maybe even call Murashige Anna. It also has someone screaming throughout the video? lol

There's also the clip of Wonyoung trying to avoid the camera because she's tired, and you can clearly hear Chaeyeon blurt out in the background "ahh.. Sakura will always think about me" Just so random

• Like Like x 3
  18. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    There's big bonus for the sailors of the Chaekura ship with this round of teasers :hehe:

Will drop it here

Translations in the comment section or if you wait for a couple of days, the official subs will follow

19. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 2
  20. wizone

wizone Kenkyuusei

gaon update is every thursday 11am kst