1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    these 'what-if's are so unneccessary to discuss at this stage. it's not that the show is going to air soon... the show alr ended, for goodness sake! we have discussed similar things prior to the show at a very great lengths.

it can break it or make it, it all depends on you all supporting them. not making speculation here and there. unless u want to discuss how the next produce should be... which is not the focus of this forum...(the next produce series would be boys/male idols, anyways).

Plus, these are all speculations. noone can really prove or disprove any 'speculations'

• Like Like x 2
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

After 2 weeks, La Vie en Rose shot up to #18 on MelOn's daily chart thus rose to #10 on iChart. (iChart is accumulative digital chart, the ranking of different digital charts is summarized into 1. Most music shows use iChart.)
    To be in top 10 after 2 weeks is magnificent for a rookie girl group. If the group's next comeback does as good, even JYP's new girl group must be thrilled. Twice did much worse at its debut.

You did neglect.

Song does matter. I.O.I's underwhelming debut did much worse than its superior comeback. Twice didn't hit explosive popularity until they released "TT". (And, whatever they released was big hit since regardless of its quality.) A one knowing the power of the song best is Momoland who has been nominated "Female Group of the Year" after nugu years with viral "Bboom Bboom".

Many boy bands don't do that well on digital charts despite good physical sale. Where is EXO on digital charts now? They even lost to Paul Kim and IZ*One on Ingikayo.

So, your country = the world? That's so American. My country pays S.M. some million dollars yearly yet, obviously, no one paying on its idols!?

You assumed C-fans wouldn't have spent so much without Sakura, without J members? That's too simple of thinking. All we can tell is they started paying attention to Sakura after Nekkeoya MV, they would have watched the show anyway whether Sakura were in the show or not. No one, even themselves, can tell, if Sakura weren't in the show, whether they would fall for another member of the group. Likewise, you can't say simply that Chowon, who ended at #13, would have debuted with IZ*One without Chaeyeon, who ended at #12. Without Chaeyeon, Miu's dance skill might have been more appreciated, Miho might have been the leader of 1000% team and charmed the voters, Mnet might have chosen Haeyoon, who was the cutest remaining Korean trainee etc. There are endless possibilities.

The question was about "popularity" and not "profitability". I have discussed that J-members would help feed the group much better but, better sale, better income might not translate to greater popularity, especially among general public.

Mnet's Show Me the Money has been successful for 7 seasons with the same formula. So, yes, there is a possibility the show will do well anyway without AKB48.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Me watching whole of J-lines-related discussion:
    DmQOWOkU0AACXmv.jpg

Anyway, additional daily IZ*ONE news :hehe:
    DryLIWjVsAILmR4.jpg
    IZ*ONE is scheduled to have their "Meet&Greet Event" by Mwave (I believe our admin has mentioned it on his Twitter). You can participate in this event -and if you're lucky, you can go to Korea to "meet" the girls!
    How to meet your girls (period time: 12th-15th Nov):
    DryLRtXU8AELjdG.jpg
    (The Chatting Rooms)

More photos of #IZONEs1stWin :1st: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17082815&memberNo=24876555
    DrzJmqPVsAEW6yH.jpg

More videos

if the video does not show watch the video here

Good luck with your college entrance test! Hope you all will be accepted to SNU

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    wish those of you who are strictly Jpop stans or fans or particularly 48Group fans or stans would learn about Kpop for the sake of IZONE. I get some of you dislike Kpop and indirectly try to minimize the genre thus basing IZONEs whole success on J-line (who is an youamazing contributor :^O^: to success love them :cute:). I just wanted to say, learn about the other members. They are pretty popular on their own. Kpop is a Global genre that has internationally and globally entered every continent :)fear: minus Antarctica I think :lol:) so we aren't talking as if this is something unfamiliar that only needed 48group to survive. If anything Jpop is popular but virtually domesticated in the Asia area and has reach western areas to but not as prevalent as Kpop to say its Global. However, the J-line is pretty Global now because they have broken into the Korean market and we can't deny the Sakura beam that attracts so many people. The K-line has now gained more fans and the J-line aswell. They didn't need each other but together they created something much bigger than past Produce groups.

So research is all I'm saying because this thread seems to always go back to Jpop vs Kpop because the stans on either side need to validate their girl or minimize the other genre. It's stupid and defeats the purpose of ths groups formation :lol:

On topic
    Our girls are playing. Inkigayo needs to release video already. I can't wait for their comeback

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I don't know...210,382 CDs sound pretty powerful to me

• Winner Winner x 6
  6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    That PS4 gift has bit of a more significance than just a random fan giving a gift. She's a long time Sakura supporter so it had some extra meaning to her. Sakura got pretty emotional during this particular signing.
    https://twitter.com/hotarugenkidesu/status/1061660884945137665

DrvG76zU0AE2ctK.jpg
    I really like how these fanmeets are literally just more personable versions of the AKB style handshake. Each girl spends a decent amount of time with every fan. Here’s Sakura spending two minutes with a fan. I’m kinda struck by how genuine this looks. These fanmeets are also lottery based so it’s pretty difficult to get into.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

the more albums you have the more opportunities you have to get in

8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    ^
    And luck too. A K-Wannable revealed that she bought CDs until 800k won and guest what? She didn't win lottery to enter fansign.

Anyway, daily IZ*ONE morning news :flower:
    - IZ*ONE will attend MAMA 2018 in Seoul! Since ROTY will be announced there and other four FROTY nominees are coming, so make sure to #voteizoneinmama2018 :twisted:
    and since hiragana keyaki will attend too, hope for saimajofukyouambi combi awesome collaboration :shifty:
    - IZ*ONE @ NYLON KOREA December 2018 issue cover!
    IMG_20181113_091949.jpg
    - IZ*ONE @ The Show
    IMG_20181113_092034.jpg
    For you who love mass voting, there's live voting during The Show's broadcast tonight. Of course, you need Starpass App :awesome:
    IMG_20181113_093843.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    LOL aren't those the things she already had. Maybe she could give those to her brother who calls her Saachan.

Well, when she comes home, would her brother now call her noona? wwwwww

10. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    yashh! after perform, in media be like: "banned all japanese right-wing group of aki-p... banned from korea entertainment.. ban ban ban.." :^O^:

i hope they get 2nd win in The Show.
    even we not topped the pre-voting (rank 3rd / monsta 1st / gugudan 2nd) but izone strong in charts and sales.

11. Yuipuri

Yuipuri Kenkyuusei

Can we talk about how gorgeous Izone outfits are? I kinda don't like the green one but it's still OK for me. Having a hard time to choose which one my favorite but the outfit in Inkigayo is the prettiest for sure!

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

IZ*One to face a direct rival?
    Most of you must have known about Idol School, a survival show similar to Produce series, through which IZ*One's senior Fromis9 was formed and Yuri became a trainee of Stone Music.
    A rumor from some months ago saying Mnet would produce Idol School 46 in collaboration with the Sakamichi family. The rumor was shrugged off for being absurd. But, earlier today, Hiragana Keyakizaka46 was announced a performer of MAMA 2018. This put some weight onto the rumor. Also, Nogizaka has just recruited more girls?

I remember back then when wota laughed at K-pop fans spreading the rumor Sakura would join PD48 (and she was a fan of K-pop, especially Red Velvet) but, here we are.

Sakura's pleasure of being K-pop idol, she can unleash her Irene's fangirl self
    https://twitter.com/leekkura/status/1061922966320046080

It's kinda funny that no wota knew she was such a big fan of Irene nor they knew how gay she had been.

You've proven to be a brick wall and I have no passion to write another essay neither I should derail the thread over a trivial topic.

I would like you to notice they wore same costumes to their music show performances. This means they squeezed fansign event among their music show promotion. A more time efficient kind of event. They can frequently directly interact with fans yet doing what singers supposed to do, perform on stages. (You may argue that AKB's girls too perform in theater but, you can count how often a more popular member perform there.)

I'm not sure how difficult it is. Many fans have attended multiple fansigns.

13. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Wait & See. But if it were to happen, it wouldn't be until 2020.

You do well to mention it.
    It writes long posts here but the truth is that the international fandom is still very small (or not enough involved?).
    What's normal, IZONE debuted just two weeks ago.
    The path to popularity and recognition will be very long.

PS: And I'm sure many wotas don't support IZ*ONE steadfastly...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    all these long essays basically scream "sakura..oops, I meant J-Line's so powerful. Izone would be doomed without sakuraa!"

• Dislike Dislike x 7
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

:// With loads of 1st gen leaving and 3rd gen having gained some momentum, I’m not too surprised they’re recruiting new push members. On the other hand, Hiragana’s performance might mean something though since right after AKB’s MAMA performance, something was annlunced.

16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Well, that's because they're not get used with daily voting habit (and busy with RH2019 a.k.a. NGT TDC Concert :fear: )

While praying for #IZONEs2ndWin....

- IZ*ONE will have their radio schedule @ KBS Cool FM Moon Heejun's Music Show TOMORROW at 2PM KST
    - Some photos from NYLON KOREA (even there's BTS video) (and greeting video, but below is the subbed one)

- Some photos from SBS MTV
    Dr3SUkEUwAEgzpH.jpg
    - Some updates from Stone Music FB

There's The Show's After Show broadcast in Vlive @ 8.10PM KST (link here)

UPDATE: Videos from today's The Show

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  17. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri

Apparently they won #1 in The Show? congrats!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    BREAKING NEWS: #IZONEs2ndwin is happening! Congrats girl :1st:
    IMG_20181113_180112.jpg

BONUS:

• Like Like x 3
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The winning moment (credit to uploader):

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    their outfits during LVR on the show today was :cute:.. and where the heck is yena's ponytail?! [hehe]