[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    OK We already know who will be Ace
    Now we need 3 new sections! TeamTP, TeamSH, SGO48
    (and move iz*one out from AKB48)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. htmfan

htmfan Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I don't know who is the ace

4. kinoshitazeddeuu

kinoshitazeddeuu Kenkyuusei

there was a rumor before saying that their debut song will be 365 nichi no kamihikouki but i doubt that will happen

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  5. shibahi

shibahi Kenkyuusei

Kim Khánh giving Cherprang vibes over here
    also i’m kinda lauging at Lệ Trang’s “salty” expression flanked by the extremely bright and smiling Đoan Thảo and Hoàng My in every picture. definitely intrigued by the inital push choices lol

6. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Hope the SGO48 members get nicknames. It’s hard to remember + spell (on keyboard) Vietnamese names.

I remember the the BNK48 members easily due to their nicknames. Though nicknames are kinda prominent for Thai people.

7. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Pinrapat Phadungwatanachok, Praewa Suthanphong, Cherprang Areekul, Jiradapa Intayak, Punsikorn Tiyakorn (I'm sorry for the mistakes)... Only from memory, if the girls deserve it, it does not seem hard. :worthy:
    I like Vietnam, I want to know more about this country thanks to these girls.:)

8. Nghia Nguyen

Nghia Nguyen Kenkyuusei

Sunny Le was my pick from the beginning. She must be the "loli face" one. [hehe]

Nguyen Ho Trung Duong was also one of my picks. She is without a doubt the prettiest of the bunch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

BNK48 members have nicknames because that's their lifestyle. And in my opinion Vietnamese names are just as easy to learn as Japanese names once you get used to it. The main difference is that most of us have casually been exposed to Japanese names during our formative years so it's "normal" to us. Also because their names are transliterated (same as Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc). The diacritic marks are annoying if you're trying to learn the language from a purely western, or a western + Japanese/Korean point of view. Personally I hated diacritic marks and the fact that there are a total of 12 so-called "vowels" each with 6 tone markers (plus neutral) made the language incredibly difficult to "break into" but I found it much easier than learning Kanji/Hanzi for Japanese or either of the major Chinese languages.

That was some ten years ago, though, so I don't really remember much. There was not a lot of Vietnamese media for me to consume at the time. In fact, Korean was only just beginning, Japanese was hitting a peak and Chinese had just started to decline.

10. onego123

onego123 Member

In Thailand nicknames, like middle names, are on birth certificates over there. So the nicknames the BNK members have were given to them at birth, and because Thai people regularly use nicknames instead of first names odds are it's what they've been called their entire lives.

11. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    It seems like my friend didn't manage to get to 1st Gen. Hopefully she will try again for 2nd Gen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Stories in the Japanese press.

"The seventh overseas sister group of the AKB 48 group, 29 people in the first term of "SGO 48" based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam decided on 17th and was announced on site. "SGO" comes from Saigon, the former name of Ho Chi Minh.
     Recruitment began in August, and 120 people left from 7627 applicants challenged for final judgment. After dance review and performance review, 29 people passed.

Yumi Ozeki (小関優実), who passed the only Japanese member, said, "I was very surprised at the moment I knew the success, I thought that I had to work hard for the other candidates who could not pass." "I have been thinking about keeping on thinking for years, so I dreamed of doing it, so I'd like to respond with all my might," he showed enthusiasm. "

2e06b406245fed45f5ad3d8f96f748d0_1542448661_2.jpg

extra_large.jpeg

https://article.auone.jp/detail/1/5/9/17_9_r_20181117_1542448492073272
    https://okmusic.jp/news/305670
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201811170000807.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  14. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Congrats to all the Girls who passed! I can't wait to find out their Debut Single! Or did I miss it?

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Anyone knows which one is Koseki Yumi, the Japanese girl? Is she a hafu or Japanese who lives in Vietnam or she moves there just to join SGO48?

16. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Front row, second from the left. She is a Japanese who lives in Vietnam, and does not know Vietnamese afaik.

Just remember the last word or the last two words. Those are how Vietnamese usually call each other. For the two Minh Thu I suggest waiting till people come up with the way to differentiate them. And you can write the non-diacritic-mark version and most people can understand you just fine (so far there is no case when those marks make it easy to mistake member’s name).

Also an update on the “drama”, many 48G fans have been criticizing certain girls on:
    . pronouncing the name of the group wrong
    . wanting to be main vocal (this includes me and I have to say I am really pissed about this - as you know Kpop is more popular than Jpop in Vietnam and recently PD48 made a splash too so many of the candidates actually come from Kpop fandoms).

But so far everything else seems positive, except for some tabloids keep saying that the group will flop but that is so familiar for 48G these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    The debut song should be anything but Heavy Rotation, Koisuru, Aitakatta. I am tired of those songs already. At least they should show different aspects of AKB48.

I personally nominate: Kodoku na Hoshizora, Ikirukoto [Team A], Sekai ga Naiteru Nara [SKE48], Kegareteiru Shinjitsu [Team 8].

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    29 members like in BNK, but how can I know if their names are in alphabetical order?

19. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I think sekai ga naiteru nara will be to difficult for them. I nominate 365 nichi no kami hikouki/Ai no Sonzai/Shonichi/SGO Sanjou personally :corr:

20. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The list I did is based on the order they were introduced during the press con. If u want alphabetical you can arrange by the last word in their names (order pretty much similar to English alphabet), since it is their firstnames and Vietnamese do alphabetical by firstnames.