Event / Concert JKT48 5th Sousenkyo (2018/11/xx)

Discussion in 'JKT48 News & Releases' started by potopekjkt48, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    People have different tastes, but I think most Indonesian fans would prefer that JOT had chosen "#Sukinanda" or some NGT48 song. What do you guys think of "Sekai No hito e"?

2. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    yes is time for jkt48 To take a risk even akb48 change the style of music...you see with teacher teacher, sentimental train and no way man... the typical idol song don't work anymore for this group... ebikachu I see you ...

even my mother can like the boogie trending style of high tension... the best mv the best promotion and here we go

the ngt48 song don't have as much impact... if you think because their aside rank high in event like RH..thanks mister rich farmer

3. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I think just like you about Sakura and Yupi!

I love typical idol songs and I hate when AKB48 release K-pop style songs (I'm a k-pop hater), unless you're talking about electronic-style songs like "UZA", "Darkness" "Must be now", "How Come" or "BWT" because I really love these songs.

4. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    I'm Indonesian, the main problem why JKT48 didn't reach a lot of people (non-48group fans) is because a lack of a good song, I mean a lot of their song are good, but the song's translation is awful. even if the song translation is good a lot of people will not understand what is this song about because of the cultural difference between here and Japan.

The only good song that fit perfectly to Indonesian culture (teen romance and etc) are:
    - RIVER
    - BINGO!
    - Koisuru Fortune Cookie
    - Kimi wa Melody (Except the refrain part that kinda weird)

I have doubt about High Tension since the Uza one is kinda awfully translated to Indonesian.
    It's not about "A song that even non fan can dance" if this is the main case then Kokoro Placard would be a big hit here, no.
    Koisuru Fortune Cookie has a catchy tune and understandable lyric that fit perfectly that a lot of people love to sing, since 2013 JKT48 can only reach the existing 48Group Fans.

That's why I think that #Sukinanda would be better choice than High Tension, lyric wise that a lot of Indonesian especially teenager would understand the song. The same way I doubt that if they release Sakura no Ki ni Narou would be a big hit since there's a lot cultural context there

Ano hi No Jibun or Tomodachi de Irareru Nara would be a great song if JOT decided to cover these song

Yes, she did said that in Japanese that she will challenge herself to participate in next year Wold SSK

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Awwnn...I forgot about this lovely song, it would be a good choice!

6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I’m confused as to how so many members who had no popularity last year ranked so high this year and the opposite too. Are Indonesian fans that quick to oshihen?

7. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    I think the problem is not the fans who switch their oshihen, the fanbase play a major role here
    Like last year what they did with Shani or with Ghaida before

The key to winning the Sousenkyo here for the member is to have active and strong fanbase that can support and persuade/convince other to vote

I'm Ayana-oshi myself but I think that Achanation (Ayana fanbase) is not as solid as last year

8. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    q
    I don't understand I saw a lot of commentary who think that JOT upgrade the level of the translation of songs.
    so why why??? the management begin to do a better job than before...do you have see the translation of high tension to think that is not better than other...
    for me the general taste is not the same. sukinanda is not the best choice you can forget this song quickly. high tension instrumental can stuck in your head for hours so...

9. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

I don't care about #Sukinanda for the choice. But, JOT must look for AKB48 Stage and C/W Songs. Look SNH and BNK, both took non A-Side songs for their singles. IMO, The earcatchy songs from AKB48 songs are Let's Get Ato 1cm and Rock da yo, Jinsei wa. ._.

But yeah, that's true if they should improve their translation. But, we should know that when the translation is working, the result of the word and syllables on every sentence can/may be reduced or increased. Try to translate a children song from Indonesia to English. ;)

Oh yeah, I forget about a thing. Indonesian taste for song may be low, try to heard some Indonesian songs which are and were viral. You can learn what Indonesia people like. What I know is "Explicit Mean" vs "Implicit Mean" + "Figure of Speech" + "Idiom".

10. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's actually hit or miss nowadays, though. I like how they translated Kimi wa Melody and Kachuusha but feel something off with UZA. It's hard translating a language as subtle as Japanese AND matching it to fit the music, you know.

11. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    @sdn48oshi for the popular member fans, i see most of them decided to stop voting on ssk and for Aby, from what i heard her fans want to prove to JOT that she deserved to be promoted to team, Jinan got popular after UZA, Feni got a lot of push from management this year, Stefi actually got more attention after Viny demoted to trainee and she fill her position, Sinka probably has Naomi fans vote for her

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Congratulations Yupi :ome: You really deserved this crown
    A bit sad about Zara rank but i hope she didn't lose hope for her chance in jkt48
    I'm ok with High Tension for ssk single, i wonder who's gonna take a rap part

13. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  14. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    I admit that the translation is better than ever, Kimi wa Melody is a near perfect single for Indonesian market, too bad the refrain part isn't as memorable as any other single but it is a good song's translation.
    My doubt of High Tension is based from UZA, I doubt that they will nailed it.

The #Sukinanda Atmospher about love, it's simple and based on this whole year chart (maybe forever lol) told me that a lot of Indonesian love simple and/or love song. I bet High Tension will be UZA 2.0 here

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Please make SEKAI HA DOKO MADE AOZORA NA NOKA as 21st single with Yupi again as center.
    No, Yupi is not JKT48's Ogiyuka but Ogiyuka is NGT48's Yupi.
    OK, remember this post, next year Ogiyuka is the center! You know I have 2 queens.

Well, too early for Erika. She's been a member not even a half year. Hope next year she'd make a breakthrough. Yeah, I know about Mutiara aka bootleg Momo (Twice).

I hope for solo and she'd sing Hajimete no Jelly Beans. Wanted Hikaru Monotachi but Yupi isn't a weeb.

16. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Thanks to Pd48, many kpop fans Indonesia now know about akb song, especially High tension..maybe that's what jot want, to reach new fans from other fandom or general public
    I'm also curios if they gonna use the same concept for Tsugi no Season Mv like the original..can't wait

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I think the same High tension is very popular this days thanks pd48... in china this song is a blast and many want this song for akb48 team SH.
    if the problem with Indonesian is the translation JOT can work harder to take right way

I'm the only one who pray that they don't use the same concept for tsugi no season mv... is too much with bnk48 in the line

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

When last year majority of votes for her comes not from her fanbase, but support vote....

It's not that disappointing. Especially when the rest of 1st gen got finally ranked-in. Right, Sonia?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The problem is...JOT (almost) never try harder lmao.
    Oh yeah, I actually glad she can still ranks, and that's including Sonia too...

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Imma write a long-ass essay abt High Tension

As y’all know, High Tension was used in pd48, and was also performed by Miyu, one of the fan-fave contestants thus making the song pretty familiar with the pd48 fandom, which would be a great aid for JKT in trying to tap into the Indonesian K-Pop market. Other than being in pd48, the song itself also has a pretty mainstream sound that might go well with the public’s taste, as opposed to songs like Suzukake, Kachuusha, and yes, #SukiNanda. It is also probably why the song was picked for pd48, other than having a “rap verse”. Like Heavy Rotation, Aitakatta, and KFC, the song has a certain hook to it (the tenshon-shon-shon-shon part). The main problem is, like what people pointed out, that the lyrics might be too weird if translated literally. I don’t wanna be one of those ppl who compares JKT with BNK, but BNK did a pretty great job with their translations. I’m not thai, but i tried to translate some of their song titles and it’s not always literal, unlike JKT. What JKT needs to do is to not be afraid to change the lyrics to make it more “digestible”. I also really hope JKT can nail the rap part

tl;dr , #SukiNanda would be the LAST song they can choose, much like Suzukake & Kachuusha

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1