1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single SKE48 24th [Stand by you] (2018/12/12)

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Oct 5, 2018.

1. diki

diki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Re-watch it for about 50x today.
    Except those male back voice which reminds me of Fukyuowaoun (i've never remember how to spell it)..
    It's So Gooood..

But are they gonna perform it live with 4th row formation?
    Uha-Yunana on last row?

Orange and White combination, front and back side coloring, what a genius choice.
    Those scene : Jurina make everyone smile (especially Nao), those big HUG (so it's true J was on crucial low point back while- then member smile's save her)

Perfect MV.. Just need a little more of Maya's screen..
    I love SKE48

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I like that SKE picked up the global orange cloths trend. We need more clicks for this masterpiece

3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Was it a trend? Or is it SKE's colors being utilized in the same way as AKBs red was used for NWM?

I'm actually going to say I have a feeling that this inspired the song itself. There is a part of this song that is heavily used in media these days and if you listen to the whole thing, I think you'll find it familiar.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I am not even a Jurina fan but holy crap she's gorgeous in this video. And yeah, the video is obviously J center but it isn't in a way that suggests the's the most important by virtue of being popular but if you are watching each "negative" scene, she comes by and helps everyone feel better. It's really a great MV all around and definitely on track (ha!) to be the best A side of the year for 48g.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    This is wota-cheering =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    This was so heartwarming and Jurina looks so good and dare I say, younger in this vid compared to like her MV appearances for the last year or so.

Song is really nice and I expected confetti to fall at the end of the video lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I really enjoyed this video. It is a great idea to give everyone screentime and still holds the message. (And I love this turn-around play with the uniforms[hehe])

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Agree :(

Yunana and Ryoha will likely be one of the more popular members once the senior popular members leave. I believe at worse, they should be at the upper half of the senbatsu (or within the top 10 in choreo position).

Management should be building them up some more.

I don't think red is an AKB color. Their main color is pink, as with team A. Green for K, blue for B, yellow (?) for 4, and dark blue (?) for 8.

I'm just happy with the video. And yes, Jurina looks so young here.

8. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Nice to see Kaori get's a graduation solo song<3 Must admit, I didn't expect it the way management pleased her the years:fear:

9. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

You're right :p I am not sure why I thought it was red. The only reason I can come up with is it was a prominent color in their album (not single) promotion while I was in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I like the song. Best song in the last 3-4 releases..

My only issue is I wish they had shot this in a bigger classroom or something. It feels so tiny makes me feel a little bit claustrophobic with 17 girls dancing in it

11. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Went in expecting something like their last two singles and album, but this was so much better. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling that I haven't felt with any SKE release since Bukiyou Taiyou (can't believe that was four years ago), and I found myself smiling uncontrollably through it all.
    The music video was very nice as well. Not too complicated *coughs*nowayman*coughs* but not simple (i.e. the perfect SKE). The one scene with Dasu, Sally, and Nao on the desks was absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    omg it's a solo song too? Damn SKE management really working it lol. I would have never imagined this lol.

13. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I meant the colour of the dress. Orange is up to date and AKB also SKE follow the lead of Fashion industry

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I am quite disappointed with this one, tbh.

While the song is not bad, this is supposed to be their celebration after 10 years in the industry and it just... doesn't do it for me.
    Those male chanting voices ruin it and they just don't fit with the chorus.

The PV, again, doesn't scream IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!
    It looks like a random b-side they filmed in an afternoon to commit to a deadline.

I'm glad that Jurina is (kinda) back, but I don't know why this is telling me that she's about to drop the graduation announcement at any point now.
    She was basically nowhere during the first verse? And the moment were Dasu, Sally and Nao were dancing on the tables feels kinda symbolic that that's gonna be the next front line.

So... yeah, disappointed.
    Hopefully the b-sides will be better.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I think the 10th Anniversary Single is already Muishiki no Iro tho
    Also the PV doesn't need to be super complicated to be good. In this case I believe it has follow the phrase "Less is more" quite well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Okay so after watching the mv for 42354 times since it got released,i wanna say that this is probably Top3 my favorite ske48 single
    And my favorite 48g release this year.

Jurina certainly looks more beautiful now , i think part of the reason is that she got rest and gained weight (my sister thinks Jurina is partly mixed,she says that her features aren't typical Japanese)

Though I'm still kinda shocked Yunana/Ryoha were in last row and some new gen members who are not as popular as them were infront of them , i wonder if this is going to be the final distribution for the live performances ?!

Jurina was in the first verse though ?! She opened the song with her solo lines

the dancing scene of dasu-sally-nao on table , I'm actually very glad they spreaded the screen-time properly this time resulting in many members getting great scenes, the last single looked like Jurina's solo because she almost got all the screentime

About the graduation thing , Jurina knew that many fans will speculate her graduation after she came back, so she said many times that she isn't graduating, she even said that she talked with Mariko and both agreed that it's still not the time for her yet to quit, imo this single is more symbolic that ske48 members/fans will stand by Jurina no matter what

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The song might be a grower for me, but the MV doesn't look like it's an A-side.

Maybe it will be better if they add a story into it. Yes, I agree that the 'musical' concept is interesting, but without a story (even a brief one), the concept feels quite tasteless.
    It's a relieve that the outfit is nice, though.

Hoping for a good B-side, but to be honest I'm longing for a new Love Crescendo track, Hanshateki Through is soo nice.

18. diki

diki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Of course, Jurina is our queen forever..

Still clear in my memory as it's seems happened only yesterday..
    On TIF 2017, with 39 centigrade temp. Those who compare Jurina and Hirate will clearly see. Who is worth to be seen and adore.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I hope the Theater edition song, will be a KKS song again:blush:

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I took Muishiki as the start of said celebrations.
    This single was announced during their anniversary stage, so it was kinda hinted that it was related to it, imo.

Sure, less can be more, but this is not it.

Jurina sings in the first verse, but the moment she gets on the table with the balloons, she doesn't appear again until the chorus.
    I kinda like that she is not so prominent despite being the center, and if it means she is not going to center anything else (until her graduation, duh)... kinda welcome dd

I'm still disappointed with this though.
    The song is stuck in my head and not for the good reasons. And the video just doesn't have anything memorable to me. It could have been so much more.

• Disagree Disagree x 2