1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Agreed. Honestly, that seems to be true in general, regardless of SEA country. The way I see it: if you take KPoppers out of the equation, then every new 48 group is a clean slate. They all deserve a chance, so quit hating, leave differences aside, and just let the new groups do their thing. They'll get to be idols in their own right in due time, just be patient.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. CCVC

CCVC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    Sorry about my English. Im from Taiwan. I mean Viet Nam different other countries.
    Viet Nam is poor. Who will buy CD ,tickets handshake... I think no one.

3. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I hope SGO48 becomes the most popular pop group in Vietnam and punch K-pop.[hehe]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Nghia Nguyen

Nghia Nguyen Kenkyuusei

You look at what SGO48 members were initially wearing (short jean shorts & t-shirt) and compare thew same look with say AKB48 Team 8 and there is just no comparison. They need to make sure SGO48 members are all sexy or there will be no hope.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  5. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I think this sister group is set to become first sister mature concept. because gosh the visual is on other level

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Chloe

Chloe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    I'm saying this for your own good, just stop commenting. Really, I don't want to get into things like politics here, but your pushing a stereotypical view of Vietnam that is highly offensive. This is why people still think SEA is just some backwater countries full of rice paddy farmers when we're not!

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Idk where you getting this, but everytime 48G introduce new member they'll wear short jeans short and t-shirt (I can't really recall exactly which group that did this other than JKT since they have that photo in wiki page, but I remember there are 48G in japan that did it). It's not about making them sexy, more like making them appear simple with easy to change clothes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    And not to mention their pants are actually a tad longer than what other SGs usually wear for first introduction, and they also tucked their shirts in which doesn’t make them look like they’re not wearing any pants

9. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    No, I want SGO48 to have a kawaii idol style like HKT48.

But thinking hard about the First single, I think "River" is going to be a great idea and knock down K-pop in Vietnam.;)
    I understood very well what you meant, I've watched a lot of North American movies that makes stupid jokes with the countries of Southeast Asia (mainly Vietnam),but just ignore them...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Nghia Nguyen

Nghia Nguyen Kenkyuusei

AKB48 Team 8:

SGO48:

[oversized images removed by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Hope they debut with a different song and not Aitakkata/KFC.

Iiwake Maybe would be a cool debut. Bingo would be really cute. Even Kokoro No Placecard would suffice. High Tension would be hype af.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    They are realy more mature and older than other 48G, so Aitakatta is kind of out of place. Maybe #Sukinanda or HeviRo... or Yuuhi wo. Iiwake is not bad too. SGO48 and SnH are The Must!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    What do you guys think of "Bagutte Iijan"?;)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  14. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Theres so many b-sides that I would like them to debut with, but I think Ren'ai Circus is the best one

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Personally I've been waiting for a sister group to use Wonderland for an A side. I know it'll never happen, though.

The first "mature" concept was SDN48 and the first "mature" member was Ohori (who was also the first solo with a "mature" image and then joined SDN48 from AKB48).

Not trying to detract from your argument because I agree with you after having spent some time in SEA, but what's wrong with recognizing some of the most beautiful and visually striking images on earth?

Agree.

I've seen many SEA movies/TV shows that are racially charged against the US and Americans in general, so...

In these two comparison photos, SGO48 looks a lot more modest. What is it like in Vietnam, though, as far as modesty? Realistically speaking, does a short-shorts sexy look have a better chance when the ages are taken into account, or is it better to have a more innocent and naive image?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Afaik shorts in Vietnam imply youthful images, but in proper setting they are quite informal so for example, students’ performances at school may prefer leggings. Idk why they decided to have the t-shirts tucked in but maybe its just trying to be more proper since its a press conference. All in all the shorts are just a little jarring considering there were many adults wearing suits and such in the audience.

And I think most girls look mature because many people in Vietnam like heavy makeup. The stylist also went a little overboard (many fans complained that the girls looked better in other situations). They just need to strike a balance between Japanese-style idol and Vietnamese taste.

Someone has mentioned before but the core fandom now are pre-existing 48G fans, who understand handshake and other parts of 48G culture and are willing to spend money that way. So it’s best to go the modest/innocent route imo. Also general public and media have this love-hate relationship with sexiness so SGO should avoid the unnecessary drama.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Nghia Nguyen

Nghia Nguyen Kenkyuusei

If I had to pick a girlfriend between the Team 8 or the SGO48 group, I'd pick one from Team 8. Sunny Le is the only one I rooted for since the beginning and you can tell she is the odd one from the rest of SGO48 girls.

18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Tbh I don't think that song will work in other language

19. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    But they make this because they have a reason after they have suffered so many unfair attacks from his country and France. I know you're a North American and you're protecting your country, but you guys Americans have to admit that you've done many atrocities in the world.

Moreover,most of the North American make jokes to the people of Eastern Europe(i'm from Eastern Europe), Latinos, Muslims, Jews, Indians, Afghans, Arabs and even Canadians ... I'm sorry if you're not going to like this comment, but that's what I think about the Americans and sorry for talking about politics, I do not want to have enemies in this forum(sorry for my bad english, correct me if have any errors because I want to improve my english because I want to learn other languages).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ I totally agree, @Unggoy you can’t compare the countries that are trying to overcome their painful & rarely acknowledged history (which still affects them today) through art with the countries who mock them just because they think it’s fun or just fit their political agenda.
    And I’m saying this despite myself being a French person.

Now to comeback to the topic, does anyone know what type of image would work the best for them inVietbam ? Like should emphasize the fact that they are inspired by a Japanese group ? Should they surf on the kpop wave ? Should they go full cutie idol or try to have a more mature image ?

• Winner Winner x 1