1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

I hope we get some news before this year ends.
    Rashmi doesnt seem that busy lately (yes i know she is currently producing 3 shows, but it is only 3 , if you want to compare to ekta). If she was active on insta, i would ask her, what is going on with Mumbai48

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

The producer Rashmi Raj is a pretty successful television show producer in India. Money is the least of the problems with projects like these in India.

Like I've said at the start, they're taking in girls through online applications. How many girls in this country, let alone those in Mumbai, even know of MUM48 to want to audition for it? Not like there's an AKB fanbase here either. So how do you find the girls for the group? The producers will have to do the scouting on their own. And I don't know what they've been doing in that regard since I don't live in Mumbai. There hasn't been anything we've heard in that regard either.

Maybe they can partner with schools and colleges in Mumbai to hold auditions there. Maybe they can build a reality show for TV out of the auditions and have famous people as judges or something. These are just some ideas to get girls to audition for the group.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Like MNL48 audition? That's a great idea to get some coverage and get the public interested, just pls don't launch the group with a full 48+ member

4. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Indiawest.com made an article on January 17th, 2018.
    https://www.indiawest.com/entertain...cle_1e6a7060-fba8-11e7-ac2d-6bde30b112f5.html

It says things such as
    "'MUM48,” the Indian counterpart, is going to be an opportunity to explore talents for any girl between the ages of 12 to 20. The show is less about talent and more about the passion to follow dreams."

“Mum 48” will also work for women empowerment, like most of Sharma’s shows and her film do. A staunch feminist and a vocal supporter of women’s rights, Sharma has entered the new media with this soon-to-be-launched show, which can be watched online.

So, I'm guessing MUM will have a show or something soon?

The “48” stands for an initial choice of 48 girls, revealed her husband, Pawan, to this reporter.

So I'm guessing that the group will start off with 48 girls, or, that's what they're trying to do at least.

“Mum 48” will also work for women empowerment

This is an amazing thing, especially in a country such as India! I hope this project doesn't flop....

• Like Like x 4
  5. onego123

onego123 Member

If you followed MNL's formation from beginning to end you understand why this makes me nervous.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Can you explain? I don't really keep up with the international groups (except for BNK) so I don't get it....

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Someone cmiiw, but MNL48 was decided through a typical audition format like JPN48, JKT, or BNK. It was decided through a show and based on what everyone said in the shows thread during, it was a train wreck (I can’t verify exactly what because when it was airing, I only skimmed). Not only that, but they narrowed way down to exactly 48 for the first generation and held an SSK all before debut. They added girls into the show mid-show for the whole “drama”/“shock” factor and overall the channel handling the show was just terrible about it all. Girls were even airing dirty laundry (both straight forward and cryptically) when they got eliminated or even during the show.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    MNL48 & JKT48 have unusual concepts among 48

1. MNL48 recruited 75 members in its 1st gen and already made all 3 teams + team of KKS since its first gen and they're going to recruit 2nd gen early of next year I believe.
    2. JKT48 has revamped its system. A team can have max 16 members, KKS is divided in to 2, Class A & Class B. New recruits would join Class B & need to take an examination to be promoted to Class A. Class A members development will be monitored by staffs. When a team member is absent in a show, would be replaced by a Class A member and when a team member graduates, a Class A member with satisfying record will be promoted to the team. Team members are also monitored, disappointing members will be demoted to Class A. Disappointing Class A members can also be demoted to Class B. Members who fail to get promoted to a team in 12 months aka 1 year will be sacked from JKT48. JKT48 will recruit a new generation every January & July. Fans can also participate to rate the KKS. Erika Ebisawa Kuswan, a 6th gen JKT48 member can be considered the best KKS since JKT48 new system. She was revealed last May, debuted last August, now she's been promoted to Team KIII.

• Informative Informative x 6
  9. onego123

onego123 Member

MNL recruited 64 original members in it's 1st Gen. Whoever wrote the wiki needs to edit it
    MNL's audition took well over a year to complete, and most of that time was spent with people wondering what was going on. Eventually an audition tour was held, and after the tour was completed the girls had rack up enough votes to get into the Top 200 on MNL's website/app to be on their audition show (the Top 48 would be the final members), and a potential member. During that time a lot of accounts were made on here. A lot of people were upset with some of the potential members because it was quite obvious that the didn't read the rules to be eligible to be a member, or they thought no one would find out. Specifically the "must be single", and "can't have a contract with any agency" rules. A lot of fans felt like management wasn't properly vetting the girls. Another problem was that when the network(ABS-CBN) was putting out commercials for the show, another commercial for another show that had auditions during MNL's, and was suppose to be broadcast on the same channel came to light. The MNL commercials, and this commercial utter the same unique phrases "Girl power forever! Girl power unite!". This shows premise was also to form a girl group. So when that came out a lot of people felt like the audition would be rigged because the network held a previous audition, and would probably slip the girl power girls in somehow. Well those girls did end up joining the MNL audition(some of them are also now members), but they were just as confused, and upset as the fans were since they already auditioned for one group, and were now being told to audition for a completely different one.
    Fast forward to the end of the audition, and we finally get the Top 48. The show reveals that they secretly held a 2nd MNL audition, and introduced 27 new contestant. That brought the finalists back to 75, and the Top 48 now had compete to keep their spots against these girls. Needless the say the girls were upset, but the fans were PISSED, and let there voices be heard all over social media, and here. Because of all the negative backlash, management changed the rules. So the Top 48 girls would stay the Top 48, and Senbtasu, Under Girls, and Next Girls would be entirely made of them. The 4th group would be the trainees, and be made up of the Top 16 of the 27 new girls. Their rankings would be determined by the groups 1st General Election. Sometime later it came out that some of the trainees had entertainment contracts with other agencies before auditioning. Also the trainees are essentially Team 4II. To this day they're the most hated team.
    While some people are starting to trust them again thanks to the release of their 1st single(finally) it's still something that's being worked up.

• Informative Informative x 5
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    God I had no idea. What a ginormous mess.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Any updates at all? o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I mean not really any big updates, but I found something interesting.

The name MUM48 is trying to be trademarked in India but it's trademarked in Delhi state, while Mumbai is in Maharashtra state.. Thats just something I found interesting.

It was applied for on Jan 13 by M/s Unithinx Enterprises Private Limited, which is not MUM48's company

It's marked for exam and it's a device trademark (?)

Interesting but confusing...

Here's the whole website if anyone is wondering: https://www.quickcompany.in/trademarks/3726572-mum48

And can someone maybe explain some of this because I don't understand, especially the part where it says "Class(es): 16"

13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Ooh. Thanks. And it sounds interesting.

14. welp

welp Next Girls

According to my limited knowledge in trademark law, trademark must be registered in specific class(es).
    If trademark "MUM48" is registered by Unithinx in device class, another person not relating to Unithinx may register "MUM48" in other classes, entertainment, carpet, chemicals, sport gears etc.
    The idea behind trademark classification is trademark is meant to avoid confusion. For example, if there are MUM48 car paint and MUM48 seasoning sauce, the customer won't be confused between the 2 products.

"For exam" means the trademark petition has not been approved and the officer is checking if it is qualified to be registered.

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

I randomly looked up the MUM48 trademark on a different website(nothing came up), and entered the Class. When I did that a drop menu appeared that explained that Class 16 means "Telecommunications, Sound Recording or Reproduction Equipment, Photography; Cinematography, and Optics"
    http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/index.jsp
    When I Googled the companys name though I saw that they first applied for the MUM48 trademark in mid-December. 10 days before Yui announced the group. https://www.quickcompany.in/trademarks/3705852-mum48
    As you can see the trademark was objected, but this application was for Class 41 ( https://www.upcounsel.com/trademark-class-41 )
    Assuming that nothing illegal is going on I'm thinking that they might be in charge of manufacturing some of the merch for the shop, and applied for the wrong trademark by mistake.
    Also found the company's website. Looks like they import goods from Japan to India, and one of their biggest partners is a Japanese paper company(Really wanna make a Dunder Mifflin joke, but I suck at those): http://unithinx.com/about-the-company.html
    According to these 2 sources they've been around since 2015. At first I thought I had the wrong company because of the description both sites gave, but the names of the employees are the same. https://connect2india.com/UNITHINX-ENTERPRISES-PRIVATE-LIMITED/2461302
    https://www.zaubacorp.com/company/UNITHINX-ENTERPRISES-PRIVATE-LIMITED/U15122DL2015PTC276478

16. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

It seems a little unfortunate that basically no official information exists after January/February of this year. 10 months, you think we'd find something...

17. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm just crossing fingers nothing wrong is happening. If they want to push back debut/reveal day to 2019, I'm down for it instead of trying to push for this year.

We already have been spoiled with MNL's Debut, Team TP being reformed, Team CH already about to debut their first MV and SGO revealing its members. I think it's safe to say that MUM can push back it's reveal/debut stage to 2019. That way it's not over populated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    As corny as it sounds, 2020 would be a perfect year to debut. They should reveal members in mid-2019, have variety shows and other promotional activities throughout 2019 and debut in 2020, maybe 5 days before the olympics. Then Aki-P can pull some strings and have them perform a solo stage at the olympics and make up a reason like "All of Asia should be celebrated and it should be learned that Asia is not just East Asia" or something like that.

But that would never happen, just a fantasy.

19. welp

welp Next Girls

Since MUM is meant to cater India market, I can see no correlation to other 101 oversea groups.

Yes, that's a ridiculous fantasy. However, possibly, AKS would love the group to debut in 2019 so there can be another "World senbatsu" unit(s) singing in more various languages to perform in special programs/events promoting Olympics.

Technically, South East Asia is not East Asia. And, usually, South Asia is separated from the rest of Asia entertainment wise because its peoples have eccentric taste, because its entertainment market is secluded and hardly opening to the rest of the world but Hollywood. More likely, you can see Abu Dhabi as a stop of someone's Asian Tour rather than Delhi. If not because of strict Islam practice, likely we have seen DUB48 (Dubai) debuted despite the country lies further from East Asia.

20. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    ^ I had meant for us International Multi-Fandom fans. Lol. Not just home fans.