Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

J members of IZ*One went to Japan earlier today. :confused:

3. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    okay... so?

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Thought I'd give a mini review on this single since it's pretty great lol. And cause I'm bored.

No Way Man: Love it. Adore it. I'll be playing it for a solid 2 months lol. Someone said it before, but it's quite similar to "how come?" and I'm one of the biggest whore's when it comes to that Team K song cause I still listen to that shit all the time and it always gets me hyped up; and now NWM is doing something similar to my body. So, like a solid 10/10 for me.

Ike no Mizu wo Nukitai: It's cute. I'm not sure I would have it on repeat, but it's a cute B-side. But u know Oya centers it thus I love it lol. So 10 Oya's circa 2011 trying to act popular out of 10 2011 Oya Shizuka's

Wakari Yasukute Gomen: I actually don't like it. I've genuinely never watched any Produce show cause I got into idols via H!P and it was special watching a member grow and seeing her improve (in a non creepy I suppose? But it's always creepy too lolol). A popularity show/contest is not for me. I'm also the same person that has watched Rachel and Ross break up like a million times so i mean what do I know lol. I'll give it 2 Ross sandwiches out of 10.

Soredemo Kanojo wa: Love it. It's sultry, not sexy. I mean nothing can beat SDN48 at this point. u would think Aki-p (who gave us that Sailor fuku song) would be able to deliver something more raunchy. I'm still so fucking salty Tomochin isn't ratchet anymore. I had such high hopes for her career (I mean even Koda Kumi isn't being ratchet lately and that says a lot). Anyways, back to this song, it's great and it's easy to listen to. The voices blend together tho. IDK who said it, but someone mentioned how u don't really hear individual voices much anymore and I couldn't agree more. Sometimes they give solo's to girls, but usually only popular ones (or just the center I guess). 8.5/10

Ohayou Kara Hajimaru Sekai: I legit forgot it the second it ended lol. But it's cute and shit. Decent B-side, just super forgettable. Also I feel insulted having groups like U-19 and now we have a U-16? Like I'm already old enough I don't need to be reminded I'm like almost a decade older than some of these girls lolol. 5/10

Saikyou Twintail: U know what's funny? This is my favorite B-side in this single LOL. Again, I feel quite attacked even just listening to this, but damn I love idol-y songs like this. Definitely 10 Acchan's circa 2012 out of 10.

Yume e no Process: IDK why, but this song is oddly good? Seina center's it right? Maybe I should like watch the full MV's lol. I kind of just forget to sometimes. What's the point of this song anyways? Like it's for an app or game or something? I can't keep up anymore, but it's a good song and while Japan has terrible office fashion I still love this. 8/10.

Mimi wo Fusage!: Someone said Ikumin centers this song? Poor girl. Went from that baller Team 8 song (the 48 one obvs) to this? That's just a downgrade honestly in centering ability. It's kind of forgettable tho. Didn't theater songs use to be pretty good? Maybe I'm just being nostalgic to a different time period? Or maybe we've just heard like everything possible from AKB at this point? lolol. I'm actually still pissed we never got a choir version of Negaigoto no Mochigusare. That would have been a great theater edition song tbh. So like 4/10.

Overall: Solid single. NWM and that U-16 songs are def my favorites and I will be twerking to them in the very near future. Maybe Tomochin doesn't twerk (in public) anymore, but I will hold that candle for her till I find a way to not be embarrassing anymore lolol. So, thx for coming to my ted talk today ya'll~ Let's all try to be less Oya circa 2011 and more Oya circa 2018~

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Owrayt

Owrayt Member

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Twitter:
    nogiarea
  6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Naachan seemed a little out of sync (to me) in the earlier perfs that she centered but was great in NTV and Utacon. Looking forward to yokoyui8. Overall it's great that most of the members are dancing hard which makes the performance look good but it's a bit annoying to me to see a few members doing things very leisurely (sasshi every time, myao and tanaka miku a little bit). Surprisingly yukirin's giving it a lot of energy and is great. Mion's pretty good too and a good front-girl.

I'm happy with the sales figures this whole year. I think more members = more sales. Just looking at the sold out numbers is less reliable than it was when there were much less members. I think regulars at the venue are better able to gauge if there's less people buying HS.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Talking about Okada, I'm glad that she doesn't wear any long pant in this single.~

Edit: Ah nvm, I just watched AKBshow, I did wear a long pant. The heck? LOL.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't understand, why is that a bad thing? I think her legs look quite long especially if they're high-waisted. I find it attractive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    DX90aT-XcAAj0Vf.jpg

I liked the song, but I skipped following the entire promotion because of this.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Ah Jabaja had a disco vibe though and shiny disco pants were all the rage in the disco era, even for women. It faithfully followed the fashion of the era it was emulating. It's one thing to complain about putting a member in pants all the time (A.Sayaka and Sae come to mind) and quite another to put down a costume for achieving what it's supposed to achieve. If anything I think everyone in that shot should've been in crazy disco pants, the skirts end up looking more out of place.

Personally I find that she is put in skirts and pulls off a girly look just about as often as she's put in pants to pull off a cooler look, either way is fine with me though. But I notice that there are fewer "pants idols" in AKB nowadays, so they end up putting girls who aren't really suited to it in them or just have one or two in pants and the rest in skirts which can look pretty imbalanced.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 54th Single (NO WAY MAN) (2nd Day Sales)
    Day 2:
    12,695 (1,185,710) (1st)

1,329,001 Units sold after 2 days according to Billboard Japan (Via Soundscan Japan) (15,754 Units Sold on Day 2 according to them then :)).
    http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/70276/2

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Definitely not for M-Sta tomorrow. Eito's Yokoyui will be the center for M-Sta's performance with Sasshi and Yukirin are beside her

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Ueno Haruka was center, Imamura Maria and Motomura Aoi flanked her.

http://asukyann.blog.jp/archives/77684579.html

===========

btw, the hardest AKB's dance number according to Sasshi is "Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai" ("but it all depends on the person")

35:15-38:00

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  14. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    FNS confirmed that Sakura, Nako and Hitomi will perform NO WAY MAN next Wednesday
    Also, there will be a collaboration between IZ*ONE and AKB48

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The horse's mouth

"# AKB48 group of # Sakura Miyawaki 's # Yabuki Nako 's # Hitomi Honda girl group IZ's belongs * ONE Japanese music program's first singing! In addition # AKB 48 shows "NO WAY MAN" with 23 people including IZ * ONE members!"

G2i45SsS.jpeg

https://mobile.twitter.com/fns_kayousai/status/1068143809253371904

Edit: Dang 24 hour waiting rule (that I enforce, so must obey)

Making video (stolen from Aka who put it in the eitos thread, of course)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    So that whole thing about working exclusively for IZ*ONE and no AKB activities is already being thrown aside?

Not that I mind, I love to see NWM performed by everyone but it does make me wonder what other 48 group activities we are going to see while they should not be doing any.

17. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

Technically this is a collaboration with two groups, which always happen on FNS Kayosai, so it's all fine and good and no one needs to overreact.

• Like Like x 3
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    In fact, they could have used 12 from Izone and 12 from AKB48 if the two managements could have agreed.

19. 3D-ism

3D-ism Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazaki Miho
    The thought of Hyewon dancing to No Way Man made me laugh tbh. It'll be the mess I couldn't wait to see. [hehe]

But yeah @ us getting full No Way Man performance with original centers I guess? I kinda accept Naachan as the official center of this song already so this collaboration is pretty unexpected. It's not the same as when Jurina return from the death for one last Sentimental Train.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Izone under AKS....