Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

NWM with all of IZ*One would have been interesting tbh, but taking out so many of the actual senbatsu members or ending up with way too many girls on stage doesn't sound appealing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. A-TeensFan

A-TeensFan Kenkyuusei

maybe it will be a performance with IZ*one and all other Produce 48 participants?

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    No Way Man Korean version for IZ One' s next b side or album track?

Anyway, I agree with other posters, technically this is a collaboration with 2 groups. So, the 48 girls are still staying "exclusive" with IZ One. I cant wait to see chaeyon murder NWM dance

4. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    finally gotten around to listen to the full versions of the song. Have to say the u-16 senbatsu is probably my favorite song :blush: i'm a sucker for fun, cute songs like this. The produce48 song is pretty cool too. Maybe I'm more fond of it because I slogged through all of p48 but it just feels so empowering. Definitely feels like some kind of consolation song [hehe]

5. anzai

anzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    My two cents to close this year:
    • 2018 will mark the beginning era where all AKB singles can reach 1 million sales in first week. If they keep rotating centers and experimenting with different genres (maybe hip hop and RnB :lol:), I think this trend will continue.
    • The glory of SSK is finally fading. You don’t have to be the winner/face/ace of 48G to be the center of an AKB single. There are only 3 long-term reigns of era in 48G history: Acchan era 2006-2012 (with Yuko occasionally snatch the throne), Sasshi era 2013-2017 (with Mayu occasionally snatch the throne), and now is everybody’s era 2018-.... I wouldn’t say it as Jurina’s era now although she might be the next successor and win SSK for several years ahead (with Sakura tailing behind). I think even Jurina herself had felt the excitement of SSK has been long gone. There’s no point of winning SSK anymore. Getting high result (making senbatsu), maybe. But winning, no.
    • 48G will become less idol-ish and more pop star-ish, especially with bigger international push. Being a wota will also become more inclusive and less exclusive. The 48G members will also try to seek more professional training to improve their skills more, rather than just relying to their ‘cuteness’ and ‘personality’ to make their fans happy. But this will have a side effect and diminish the concept of idols as a next-door girl type.
    • There will be more cross-country transfership and genninship (concurrent position). There will be more sister groups and more push for them, but the center stage will still be AKB48.
    • 48G will still be around and have high sales for the next 20 years. Aside from gaining new fans, some older fans from old era will also stay loyal, and usually they will have more stable income and can spend more money on them.
    I don’t know where I should post this, so yeah, excuse my rambling :XD:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Damn, I predicted this on IZ*ONE's thread
    Can't wait for Chaeyeon and Eunbi IZ*ONE dancing NWM. As for Hyewon... Well some of NWM senbatsu member are barely survive from this, so she'll be fine lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    only sakura,nako and hitomi will dance NWM

• Like Like x 3
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

The point of getting high on ranking? Tomu and Suda can't relate. It's nothing but personal validation/ the pride to motivate them to continue being idol. Rather than anything, some big names like Yuki, Rino and Sakura to permanently sit out of election tells the glory has faded. To Jurina, who gonna be her rival next year? Ogino Yuka? I'm super confident her excitement will tank and, if I be her, I will sit out. If she wins, it'll be just something to be expected but, it will be a big embarrassment if she loses.

Whether AKB will keep its "girl-next-door" image depends largely on the management and the member. You will never feel Bibian unapproachable however much her skill improved. Some K-pop groups manage to maintain the friendly approachable image to fans despite their fame and known skill. Undoubtedly, that is the ideal many AKB's members want to reach.

In my opinion, this has to do with the kind of contents K-pop idols provide to fans. K-pop idols often release videos of their daily lives, eating sandwiches in practice room, shopping at convenience store, eating ramyun/ramen watching TV etc. You will feel that they live ordinary middle class lives and relatable. It's interesting that, while Japan keep releasing slice-of-life animation and movies, it's Korean idols, not Japanese, that release real slice-of-life contents.

Cross-country concurrency is not practical and there is no sign JKT, MNL and Team TP will get a transfer member. I saw a wota predicted how it might be beneficial to Murashige Anna if she moved to BNK48 and his analysis sounded rational. I thought it might be nice if there were no limit of transfer, there might be no limit on how many transfer members an oversea group might get as long as the member and the agency of that oversea group were willing to. Some lower tier members may find a better success oversea. BNK has been appreciated only after 2 of its members ranked in election. That being said, the election may get a new meaning as the battle among nations.

Can't wait to see how Yujin and Wonyoung will look like next to AKB's girls.

• Dislike Dislike x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You may want to check back Suda' year.

As for Jurina, her fans may want to offer her a proper win next year after the sentimental train fiasco.
    Plus she is allways motivated by the "next step" (exemple: doing better than her seniors)
    Can we just stop this never ending compare ?

In the past, there were never any sign of cross country concurrency. Even the last one surprised the fans

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    if only there was something like Showroom where we could see glimpses of their daily lives

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    b-b-but Showroom doesn't let us see them eating sandwiches in the practice room, shopping at the convenience store, eating ramyun and/or watching TV! that's soo not relatable to us middle-class commoners!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  12. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Ummmmhhhh, this forum is mnet48.net, not stage48.net.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Nah, that's because AKS decided to push their favorite others. Like, why they would choose Tomu and Dasu while they have favorites like Annin (before her exile to Mexico) and Renacchi, and the current ones, Ohta-Pro hime and You-Know-Who? (well at least the latter isn't in NWM senbatsu lol).
    At least, now Dasu becomes staple senbatsu from SG girls while Tomu got push from AKS after long time (although not as big as our Pocari girl).

FYI, 48G members also do Showroom in their home. Even they did bickering with their parents/brothers/sisters during their Showroom lol.
    Maybe you should watch 48G's Showroom, particularly STU girls and Ohta-Pro hime -their SR are the most interesting one :twisted:
    or Moeka-chan :awesome: #shamelesspromotion

edited: + hiichan's actual teammate eito girls. some of them are SR goddess

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    that's great but...as long as akb's singles is exclusive for japan, as long as the voting is exclusive for japan....this would never be a battle of the nation but a battle of nationalities living in japan

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 54th Single (NO WAY MAN) (3rd Day Sales)
    Day 3:
    6,059 (1,191,769) (1st)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I wonder who exactly that is (I've actually never heard of this nickname before! :^^;:)

17. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    This thread :tombstone emoji:

Just my two cents of this debacle since I have my own K-Fave. I never really take their "live streams" seriously, honestly, given how some of their netizens LOVE to look for a single mishaps they did IRL (and they're aware), I feel like some of them are holding back and low-key planned things even during their "private life" stream. Also, y'all aware some of the groups live in dorm and their managers are probably there behind the camera. 48G Showrooms can be very messy and unorganized at times since most of these girls are clueless, especially KKS/Draft Candidates, but we can actually see their raw albeit questionable personalities which make them genuinely funny sometimes.

Also, personal reference, aside from staple main senbatsus who are probably rich af, these girls actually eat or use cheap stuffs and I can relate to them lol.

OT Single Discussion: Miss Yuiri won with that coupling. Straight up one of Aki-P's best sing from his recent works.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    things I've seen done by members in SR from the top of my head
    • basically everything they did that day because they streamed for 24 hours straight
    • eating any kind of food at any kind of place (home, hotel, handshake venue, practice room, car, outside...)
    • streaming from school restrooms with their real life friends (who didn't show their face)
    • streaming from home with their real life friends (who even showed their face)
    • any kind of activity with parents, siblings, cousins, girlfriends... boyfriends...
    • singing and dancing (once again almost anything and anywhere imaginable)
    • playing instruments (piano, guitar, flute, sax...)
    • making music
    • cooking
    • watching movies
    • playing games (even with the viewers)
    • walking on an Okinawa beach
    • walking on a Hokkaido plain at 4 AM
      • then interviewing a random 6-year-old boy
        • who came to watch a freaking space rocket launch which was also shown on the screen of course
    • running 32 km
    • falling asleep
    • drooling
    • farting
    • drawing (either with hand or on PC)
    • planting flowers and literally any kind of farming
    • origami
    • water balloon fight
    • home party with some 15 members
    • massive dinner party with dozens of people in a random Taiwanese village
    • whole Team 8 doing a teleconference
    • them actually working - events, concerts, talkshows, variety...
    • wake up dokkiri - including livestream of the Anta Roke fake wake up dokkiri
    • saying some extremely embarrassing things and showing more skin than they wanted to

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Shout louder to those certain Kpop fans!

Enough with OOT discussion. Time to find M-sta streaming site

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Abemaru says hi.
    Your post is messy and clueless as usual. Please come back to onehallyu. :^^;:

• Like Like x 3