1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yoshida Akari (Akarin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by sada, Dec 7, 2010.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Isn't Akarin's only rival in NMB right now Miru? I feel like her popularity is above all the other members, and her public recognition is above even Miru's. Feels pretty #1 to me lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    If you're talking about popularity, yeah sure, there's very few 48g members that are more well-known than Akarin. But ranking inside NMB, she's behind Miru and Yuuri. Even in the new single, she's position 4 (or 5 depending on how you count Aayan's position)

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    That’s like saying Sasshi isn’t #1 in HKT

She’s the only thing NMB have to a “face of the group”. Hopefully management will use Miru & Sae’s newfound K-Pop popularity to lighten Akarin’s burden (and cuz you know, NMB needs all they can get with Sayanee leaving)

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Akarin isn't the face of NMB, not by a long shot. She's popular individually but none of that has translated to popularity for the group or in sales for her. There's also a difference between popularity and rank within the group but I'll leave that argument out.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Okay now i get you.

As HoneyNUT said, shes kinda like Sasshi now in that she's the most known/recognized and popular member of the group right now, but in terms of actual group position she will most likely always sit behind Miru and Yuuri (and maybe even Aayan if her push ever gains steam).

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    NMB 48 Yoshida Akari, next spring apparel brand launch launched "girls power movie" enormous female popularity

"An idol group · NMB 48 held the 8th anniversary live "NMB 48 8th Anniversary LIVE" formed at Chiba · Makuhari Messe Event Hall on the 2nd. During the encore, Yoshida Akari (22), also known as YouTuber, popular in 'Girls' power movie', was announced to launch the apparel brand from next spring.

With a video,Yoshida Akari, apparel brand launch decision! Spring / Summer Start "and" Coming Soon "characters flowed in the image, a yellow cheer [黄色い歓声?] rose from the female priority area of the venue."

2120726_201810020191501001538490605c.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2120726/full/

Other stories:

http://www.topics.or.jp/articles/-/107543
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1796318
    https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2018/10/02/0011696728.shtml

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ya'll she's launching her own apparel brand! That's amazing. I doubt I would buy anything personally (no shade to Akarin, but I despise summer attire/summer anything lol), but I'm so happy for her. I can't wait to see what she brings out and I hope it's successful. I also hope it's not gonna be hella overpriced.

• Like Like x 1
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    wow this is such an incredible achievement!!! i'm so happy for her ahhhh :cute:
    i thought nothing could top last years success for her but here we are seeing her achieve new heights! <3

• Like Like x 1
  9. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I think it's unfair to compare the two girls. Sayaka is the living legend of NMB. She is a unique blend of beauty, talent and leadership. She is irreplaceable. Akarin's popularity has skyrocketed in the last couple years but she's not Sayanee and never will be. No one ever will be. But, having said that, Akarin can certainly become the face of NMB. She definitely has what it takes. It will depend on the type of exposure she gets over the next year or two..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    黄色い歓声 means cheering from girls. For some reason they describe female voices as yellow.

Being the face of NMB also means that you are what people associate with NMB and your activities actually bring attention to NMB. My impression that Akarin is doing really well but most people know her as Yoshida Akari and not as NMB Yoshida Akari which is different from Sayaka. It also helps that Sayaka is succeeding in the same genre as NMB (music) versus what Akarin is doing (fashion/cosmetics/youtube) which is only tangentially related to NMB so its harder to make the connection.

========

Akarin participated in the 2nd round of meetings for the G20 logo competition in the Prime Minister's office (think Japanese White House) and people on twitter were giving her so much shit (in a joking way), calling her Congresswoman Yoshida or The Honourable Yoshida Akari.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "The largest cosmetics and beauty comprehensive site in Japan "@ cosme" (At Cosme) will hold for the first time the official mail order sale "@ cosme Beauty Day" limited to 24 hours from 12 o'clock on December 3 (Monday). Prior to this, a press release for press members was held on November 19 (Monday) in Tokyo. Making technique to be shown on YouTube is a topic, Yoshida with a synonym for "Girls' power ghosts" makes Mahiru of Gambare Roya, using the latest items sold at "@ cosme" this time. Mihiru who was given makeup of Yoshida style was startled with "I thought Ishihara Satomi-san!"

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Akarin gonna make a great announcement today

15. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
  16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Another Bible Book huh. I'm really glad it's selling well and she can keep making these, but I do feel it can get repetitive. Oh well, make ur coin girl~

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. richard durbano

I think she has gotten prettier and more photogenic each year she's been in AKB. So it makes sense that she pushing her beauty books and her own line of cosmetics. <3

18. richard durbano

Well, yes, you're right, of course. But beauty products and cosmetics are her thing. She's not going to write a book about marathon training or learning to play the guitar. Her publisher and editor obviously believe another book will make money for all involved. So, why not? It's astonishing that after all the videos and books that she can come up with new ideas about beauty that her fans still seem to enjoy. She's got a great gig going on here.<3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh yea I completely agree. Japanese beauty is not really my thing atm tho so I was just supporting it her for Akarin herself, but this is a wonderful job and I'm glad she's successful in it. I remember when Mai from Nogizaka46 released that one beauty-ish photobook. I own it somewhere. Mai Style? Something like that and it had the basic neutral makeup look most women go for in Japan and it felt quite informative so I have no idea what Akarin hasn't covered but I'm excited to see lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. richard durbano

Akarin's new book is number one on the charts right out of the gate. All of which should surprise......... absolutely no one.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1