1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shitao Miu (Miu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I hate it when my instalive notification didn't work :gavel:

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  4. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

Attached Files:

5. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    There’s actually a total of 4 ad placements both in Japan in Korea that Miudans won through an event they joined.

1. Korean Tourist Bus
    509FABA7-3AB3-4DA3-ABE5-CD4668D77BE2.jpeg 0258A81D-C56B-40F2-88AF-893D01DBF58D.jpeg C39933BF-265E-4638-8AC2-EB408EAD4601.jpeg 7E5C7DAE-FB28-4B0C-B9A5-68610A53959B.jpeg
    (c) Here

2. Outdoor Digital Ad at Shinjuku, Tokyo

(c) Here

3. Seoul Subway Line 2

(c) Here

4. Multi-Vision Ad at Hongdae Subway Station

(c) Here

Edit: Just to clarify that no money was used here. :^^;: This is an event Miudans have worked hard for and this was sponsored by Fannstar.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  8. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Translated Miu's interview in the latest issue of BLT.

What's your happiest moment for 2018?
    There are a lot of things I am happy about especially in the later half of the year. Like being selected as a Senbatsu member for AKB48's single "NO WAY MAN", being selected as a replacement DJ for Yamada Nanami, who is in hiatus, for her radio show, being selected as a cover for a magazine... I am also really happy my international fans grew. I was also able to walk the runway.... And today's solo gravure was such a great experience as well.

Was the later half of the year really busy?
    After summer, I think I was running around constantly. Everyday, I would be given some kind of work. This kind of lifestyle was just a dream I saw before so right now it's really fun!

Everything started when you joined PRODUCE48 right?
    That's right. By myself, I joined to be a candidate of the audition. At first, I may have just did it light heartedly because I didn't know about how big the project was (laughs). My goal for 2018 was to "Try to challenge anything" and so I tried to apply. I passed the audition, was able to go to Korea, survive until the finals but it was a sense of challenge where I didn’t think about what was in front of me.

How was the life in Korea?
    It was a dorm life. Honestly, at first I was puzzled because I didn’t know any Korean at all. But gradually life in Korea became fun.

Was it fun? I had an impression that the lessons were really hard.
    The lessons……(laughs) The teachers told me frankly like, “You don’t stand out” or “You are bad”. I learned dance since I was 3 years old and within my activities in Team 8, I was praised for my dancing. I was never told that before so I got carried away. I was humbled. (laughs) It became a feeling of wanting to make a fresh start.

As expected, it was really tough?
    It was really tough but when I got used to it, it became fun. Probably because my heart was able to relax. I was also able to keep up with the dance. Also, we were told it is important to be synchronized in dancing when we are in a group and so when we become synchronized, the amount of joy we feel is big. I think that sense of accomplishment is a bit different than in Japan.

You were able to experience a different culture. Was there something that change in your consciousness?
    AKB became a family-like presence to me. Before that, I used to think of it as someone unrelated to me but I feel it became a closer presence to me. If I don’t do things properly, it will reflect badly to AKB48. That kind of consciousness changed in me. Also in PRODUCE48, we were taught that as well. “You guys will someday debut. Supposing you become no.1, even then you shouldn’t ever forget to do greetings. If you do, the respect towards you will also be gone.” When I returned to Japan, I saw that a lot with Yokoyama Yui san and Kashiwagi Yuki san. I noticed that they always to proper greetings.

Did you feel any difference in the idol culture?
    I think the difference is, in Korea, they are “Star” while in Japan, it feels like you can reach them when you stretch out your hand. Maybe there’s a “girlfriend” feel. In Korea, when you meet their eyes, they would go “Kyaaah!”. The other day, I went to Thailand. In Thai, it’s also “Kyaaah!” (laughs) In Korea as well as in Thailand, the intensity of their passion is really high. But in Japan, the passion is not just momentary but my impression is that it continues for a long time. Everyone continuously tells me that they like me.

At the end, you weren’t selected. How did you come to grips with it?
    I was not over it. When I think of possibly debuting in Korea… But yesterday during a music program I met with the members of IZONE and we were able to talk. And then somehow I was relieved. Even though everyone was already really popular, not one of them changed.

And then, you were selected as part of AKB’s Senbatsu.
    If going to Korea didn’t connect to the results that happened after, there was a time I thought “What should I do?”. So I was glad that I entered Senbatsu. The fans were also really happy for me.

How was your schedule and your movements as part of AKB48’s Senbatsu?
    I couldn’t believe that I get to perform on music programs that I usually enjoy watching on TV. It was like a dream. Gravure work as well, my work broadened a lot so I am really happy.

And within that, there were some members of Team 8 who graduated.
    It was really sad. Especially because my best friends Taguchi Moka and Shimoaki Karin graduated. I have an uneasiness as to what I would do if a lot more would graduate.

What would you like to do in 2019?
    Magazine shoots are really fun, like today’s solo gravure. I think it would be good if I was able to increase those.

I think it’s the time where you would think about higher education
    I did talk about it last time, I really do want to go to University. I do think of applying but realistically, I still haven’t decided what I will do. Also, I would like to work wherein people come to like AKB48 more. I know the interesting points of AKB48 so I would like to raise the recognition and interest from young people.

It would be good if you would continue to be in Senbatsu.
    I do know that it is difficult. Up to now, there are members of Team 8 selected but to remain is the most difficult. But I won’t give up here nor throw away hope. I want to continue dancing!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
  13. Jon Lima

Jon Lima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    etomisa
    So Korea did stain her after all... wait :oops:

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Translated the letter Miu read during the SR broadcast:

This year I was so busy that it was strange that I did not fall ill. I made all Miu fans worry so much right?!! I’m truly sorry. Also, thank you for always supporting me. In my recent handshakes, I was told a lot “It seems like Miu chan is going far away. It’s lonely”. In such a case, I will see to it to tell you.

“I won’t go far away and I will always be by your side.” I want everyone to never forget this! Because I’m always thinking about everyone. I love you. And because Miu fans are kind and always support me.

I think that as fans, you think this is only natural but for me, I always think that compared to everyone else, Miu fans are the kindest. I don’t have any basis for this but that’s how I think! Maybe there’s a lot of soft-hearted persons? Actually, like during handshakes, even though we can’t establish our talk, you come without giving up right?!?!

Including that aspect, I really love you!

After PRODUCE48, I only constantly thought of graduating and retiring. Within that, the one you supported me were the all of the fans. Thank you very much. My driving force right now is the fans’ support! That is why, next year as well, everyone please lend me your power!

If you will, I will work even harder and promise to make everyone smile! From here on out and always, I am in your care!

I hope I did it justice though. Here's the original post:

https://twitter.com/miumiu_0403/status/1079004791202734080?s=19

• Like Like x 5
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  17. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Miu now owns 5 spots in Top 10s most towers received in SR :shock:
    2C4E82DE-10AD-46A8-8010-BAF1D323042D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    New year instalive

19. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Translated Miu's part in the latest edition of SHE THREE.

MIU/ Shitao who lately is embracing an admiration for “Mature”

It’s AKB48 Shitao Miu! I was really looking forward to today’s photoshoot~♡ I was a bit anxious if I could properly wear fluffy clothes but I’ll do my best. Usually, I wear Monotone clothes. Basically, it’s probably all just black and white…? Lately, I’ve finally started to dabble with bright clothes. I love moussy’s clothes the most right now, even the shoes I wore today is bought from moussy. There are many items that look nice in a one tone coordinate. Overall, it’s cool… It’s a time where I’m attracted to the word “mature”.

MIU/ It was a moment where my own thinking had changed completely

I originally did not know about the Korean public voting program and so when I joined I fully realized, “Ah, it was such a popular program!” At the start, it was an environment that I did not experience in Japan…(bitter laugh) It was really scary. Since the first evaluation performance, I was shaking each time I would dance and sing in front of the teachers. It was that scary

But as expected, a person is all about getting used to their environment, right? When I understood that the strict words said to me was for my own benefit, I came to think that I should be grateful that I was provided a place where I could grow.

It was a daily battle with a competitive mentality. (laughs) But the reaction from fans was really big, probably 100 times more than when I was doing activities in Japan! My followers suddenly increased by about 70,000 in just half a year. It’s a really grateful thing. The fans’ presence has also really supported me.

MIU/ It’s important to change from negative to positive

If I were to say my weakness...I think I’m generally more of a negative person. I’m the type that dwells on a lot of things you know. But I dwell on things while I try to hide it from the people around me. Kinda like I see to it that I don’t get find out but I think my family and my close friends probably find out (laughs). But it’s not that I’m negative all the time, I think my strong point is I can easily “switch”! If I feel uneasy, I talk a lot with my family and friends (laughs). I also play shooting games and let it out. Also, I go and watch plays! Some time ago, I watched “TAKEDA”, a play where my fellow Team 8 member Nakano Ikumi chan is in. I think that I would actively take in something that gives such a positive stimulus. It was really interesting. ♡

MIU/ Not erotic but naturally sexy person is charming

Because I went to Korea, I was able to directly know Miru san. It was just really full of positives for me!

The trainees in PRODUCE48 would tell you their opinions honestly so the distance between us shrunk fast. Like “the choreography changes there”, “that part is a bit off key”, they’d just normally say this and so I kinda thought, “Oh, ooh they’re intense…!” (laughs) But I think precisely because of that, not only were we rivals but we were also able to come to trust each other in such a short period of time. I don’t actually want to be just an idol but I also want to try acting jobs too. So from now on, I would like to challenge a lot of different things! Also, I want to become a charming woman who even though she is just being natural...is sexy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Like Like x 1