1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZ*ONE 1st single [Suki to iwasetai] (2019/02/06)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by lionel90, Dec 28, 2018.

1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Agreed. The bass and treble was quite flat....thought it was either the video's audio format or the stage's. Will need the studio version to pass judgement
    The choreo is otherwise fitting and yes, I do hope to see more costume variation !

2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I thought the song would be Teacher Teacher 2.0 (minus that suggestive lyric), but apparently it sounds like no3b's song so I like it :omg:

But still Suki ni nacchau darou is more bop lol

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. Micranote

Micranote Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The short version really doesn't do the song good favors. Unless the whole song is like that.

There is like... nothing happening in the song. That makes you go "oooooh, yes", "ahhhh", "ooooh", "YES, MY GIRL". Like in Lver, 2nd verse, it's like : "Red." and it starts Yena's solo rap. That part is so cool.
    Or something like a high note or something.
    Or when Nako didn't get many parts, but she gets that good part towards the end, where I think 3 girls are dancing at the front with Nako in the center and the singing part is like "something my rose, something my rose".

My point is : There is nothing happening in the song.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. macchan

macchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I want to listen to the full studio version before judging, but I'm already hitting that repeat button hard. I love the choreo, love the outfits, love the melody~
    The only things I'm missing are interesting harmonies and adlibs and maybe some rapping part, that would be cool.
    So far, I'm really proud of my girls slaying this. They all look so gorgeous I don't even have the words <3

5. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I was afraid the song was going to be something like this. I was hoping it would build on the momentum of LVeR but this is just a bland, flat, low impact, non-trendy, forgettable-after-one-month kinda song. It's something that will probably grow on me but I was hoping for something that's GP-likable right after hearing it. There's no killing parts or places for jo yuri high note. And you can't do much with the choreography. I feel that it doesn't take advantage of the talent that Izone has. I still hope it sells well but the music just isn't very exciting like Rumor for instance. Or Oh My for a cute-type song. Oh well, probably better to wait for the next kpop comeback.

Was this aki-p music? He's great at marketing but I think his songs just aren't GP-type.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I agree with you. While I like the song I'm pretty disappointed with the direction they took with this single. It's very jpop idol, I wish they took more modern/updated sound like la vi en rose.

They also could have made the choreography more interesting. The MV better be great. But since this is AKS, I wont be surprised if were getting something like NMB's must be now level of budget

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I like it.
    But it's not A-side materials.
    Still, I like it.
    Just add Rap and High Tone (EunBi)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

this is so good omfg... i have it on heavy rotation already!!

9. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I like the song, of course, not as much as I like La Vie en Rose but it could have been a LOT worse lol
    (so, not even IZ*ONE is exempt from those back-up male vocals, huh?)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Rangga AG

Rangga AG Kenkyuusei

Dunno,i have a mixed thought about this song,its sounds very akb-ish which i prefer but it clearly lacking something --"
    Personally,i feel the iwasetai part is the weakest,too bland and quite flat,but the verse is good tho. I feel the refrain needs some tweak tho,to make it more interesting :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sounds like the-more-you-listen-the-more -you-like-it-cause-it-sounds-annoying song by AkiP for me.

I like it but if those almighty Knetz and Kpop weeaboo hath said..

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I was expecting K-pop style J-pop but instead they went full J-pop.

Song is pretty nice for me tbh. I actually really like the look of the girls in a more J-idol styling, everyone looks gorgeous esp Wonyoung.

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    So.. most of the reactions to this song have been negative. Even the positive ones say this is more like a b side.

What are the camhances of aki p scrapping this and giving them a new a side? Like morning musume did years back with chokan 2?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    It's boring and no where near as epic as LVeR. Not so good for a single that's meant to instantly catch attention from Japanese public eyes

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It's because the song is sooo underwhelming imo.

And what emphasizes it is that the korean-side did their part giving the girls a great song, other good songs in the album, stylistic costumes, and great promotion which the girls reciprocated by giving sharp and synced performances and several awards. And then it feels like the japanese-side didn't deliver on their end by giving the girls a generic aki-p song which he probably has 50 of in his back pocket, mediocre choreography that chaeyeon and honda can memorize in 10 minutes, and costumes that make the girls look like their 2.5 years is about to end. Hopefully sales will be really good to create some sort of buzz but the song is one big letdown. The only other good thing is that many/most of the girls are really visually appealing which may create some hype and marketing appeal/opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    suki ni nacchau darou is better than this

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I really like the song and are really happy Akip went this route with it... But then I don’t really like LVER that much so I guess everyone is diffrent. I hope this will do well for the girls in Japan. Most reaction now seems negative but then it was almost a given, I mean if the song had been more ”kpop” there would be people complaining about it to. It just seems that social media is more inductiveto people disliking Thank liking...

• Useful Useful x 2
  18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well it was among the best original songs in pd48 and was the more preferred song as compared to the other final song LOL. the bar was high

they could've gone suki ni nacchau darou v2.0 lol.
    they could've done the rap ala2 Arashi or AAA, too.

19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I think this song is great. It's very jpop and it's likely to be well received imo. Maybe most of stage48ers are not into it right now cause they are more used to idol-pop. IDK, I think it's a lovely mix of K-pop (the choreo and legs) and J-pop (the chord structure and those osare tops). It reminds me of the songs the 46s would put out tbh!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That chorus is one of the worst AkiP has ever wrote lyrics for.

NEXT!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1