1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZ*ONE 1st single [Suki to iwasetai] (2019/02/06)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by lionel90, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

For all we know, there might still be a rap part for Yena or solo part for one of the vocals in this. I mean, this was only the short version! Rap parts especially tend to be the first to get cut for a shortened performance. Remember that LVER performance on FNS?

Anway, I love it, have been listening to it a lot and am only getting more excited for the PV!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love this song :O

I wonder if the PV will also be Jpop styled

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lol, sounds okay for me.

Generic jpop, but on the first listen I actually like this more than LVR. We'll see how it goes afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    wasn't expecting the korean members to do better in sales than j-line

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Nako above Sakura? :eek:
    Well, that means most of their wotas didn't jump ship or just do not bother to apply for stacks as it cannot be used as usual.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    becuz j-line is 48G and japan kpop fan from the begining want all korean to debut ( nihonjin iranai )

7. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Not my kind of song, still it's a nice song. I imagined a song like Beginner, River or BokuTata for their first Japan debut.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If you take the group hi-touch out since she's lump with Wonyoung and Minju, she's actually behind Sakura. But yeah, I would say alot of them didnt jump ship. And hi-touch arent really worth it when they could get handshakes for the same price before. Also I am under the impression that J-lines are more popular overseas than in Japan (could be the AKB stigma).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I'd say let them try. I think they can get around 200 thousand sales in the end. 300 thousand is possible tho, but don't expect astronomical numbers like 48/46G with the current strategy.
    One important thing from HS is the human interaction with the idols, can't really get it in HT. And since no stacking say goodbye to ridiculous amount of purchase then, because there is no point to do that. I'm talking about hundreds or thousands tickets at once, which is a common sight in 48/46G. It is more expensive than the usual Theater edition, but I don't think price is a big problem for hardcore wotas.

10. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    I actually quite like the song, it’s catchy to me. But I’ll wait for the PV to form a proper opinion lol

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think the reason why they cant really stack-up because they dont have the time limit like handshake since its just a touch and go (how are they supposed to stack them up?)

12. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Poor Sakura, I'm afraid she could feel she did something wrong going to that IZ*ONE group. I hope that's not the case and she's happy.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Are you worried she’ll be dropped from IZ*ONE’s Senbatsu if she doesn’t sell out all her slots?

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    lol I'm worried she feels disaddisfied about her going to IZ*ONE. This single is bad and I don't think we'll have something better than their debut that will bring them new fans and public interest in the future honestly.

I know AKB brand is on decline, but I think she's putting so much more effort right now, and maybe she expected more. I don't know. I think IZ*ONE already peaked with their debut and "la vie en rose" and from now on it will be downhill and she has to stay with them till 2021. A long time...

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

How can you talk about peaks or declines with ONE freaking album?
    You can't even compare La Vie en Rose with this single because they are being marketed to different audiences.

Suki to Iwasetai is probably going to sell more than COLORIZ simply because AkiP is using all his antics to squeeze the money out of their fans, so see you in February 6th talking about peaks.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I meant peak about popularity and getting new fans too. I think Sakura went to IZ*ONE for that, not to sell well in Japan thanks to Aki-P tricks like he does with his groups.

She's getting what she wants I think, she expanded her popularity in Korea and with the worldwide koreaboos, but I think she already reached the max that she can get. From now on things will only cool down, but I hope she'll still be happy and satisfied.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I disagree. Obviously the initial fans of iz one are the people who watched produce48 and fans from the girls.

I dont think the group esp sakura and some of the girls have reached their peak. If both managements play their cards right, I can see them being invited to kouhaku. Wasnt there a recent japanese poll that said izone are very popular with japanese higH school students?

Sakura is on her way to become the most successful girl out of 48, passing sashi even. I can see her being a combination of aachan(actress), sasshi(tv personality) and nyannyan (model)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Iz*one is one of the hot groups to watch out for in 2019 on several lists -- so the group's popularity is on the way up and not on the way down after just the one mini album.
    As for the HT sales, I don't think the girls are competing among themselves who can sell faster.

Sorry to quote you again but Sakuraism (from this forum) is selling both the regular version and the Wizone individual member versions which can only be bought in japan. It's cheaper than using a proxy and the shipping's going to be cheaper too. He has a form for orders so you can message him or I can direct you to the link for his order form. In case you still need to buy (or if others outside japan are looking to).

• Like Like x 3
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Before coming to this thread to spread negativity you should have looked at more information concerning kpop groups in Japan. They tour all the time in Japan because it's where the money is at, how do you think they do it ? They release a title track which fits Japanese taste to get new fans along side their kpop songs for fans.
    The only reason we got 100% original songs is because the management want Korean fans & international fans to buy this album using the whole global idol thing as a pretext. K- & I-Kpop fans usually don't have any interest in Japanese promotion because they know it will be region locked and that they'll get a korean version of the song so what would they care ? Here they are not sure about what the management will do next so they'll support the girls now just in case the song never get released in Korean.
    So do you really think the Japanese Kpop fans will go away or won't take any interest just because IZ*One released Jpop songs ?
    Also you are acting as if you knew for sure that Japanese kpop fans hated the song but as far as I know the only ones complaining are people on this forum.

Sakura is a Reveluv so she surely knew how things would go when she got into the group, I bet she doesn't regret it at all.
    And since we are on that topic
    to be honest getting into a kpop group wasn't as risky as a lot people make it sound in my opinion, kpop idols are very present in Japan so for Sakura loyal solo stans it's not as if they were saying goodbye to her for too long. We don't know yet if the Japanese management will go full 48 style & allow fans to meet her properly but if that's the case she will have totally won. Keeping up original fans + getting new international & Japanese fans is quite something.
    And even if the management doesn't go full 48 group it's not that much of a problem you're all acting as if we wotas were irreplaceable there are plenty of Kpop idols who are doing well and last time I checked they weren't part of AKB48.
    Let's trust our girls a bit more guys, the J-line can survive even without us.
    but ANYWAY

Honestly your entire post just made you sound like someone who hates kpop for no reason while having 0 information about it. Your disliking of something won't erase facts about it and it's not because you don't like something that it's meant to fail.
    Side note but calling kpop fans koreaboos was not only rude but stupid as well since tons of people on this forum are I-kpop fans

• Like Like x 3