1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hopes, Fears, and Predictions for 2019

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 16, 2018.

1. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Same.

Hopes and Prediction
    55th center: Yuiyui
    56th center: Moeka
    57th center: Jurina
    Naachan solo debut
    World SSK again
    Yoshika Akari top 10

Hopes
    16 nin senbatsus again
    More K-pop crossovers

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

You’re at the wrong forum

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Next year will be so hard....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Hopes:
    • AKB Single only
    • Naachan top 2 or 3 in SSK
    • Juri ranks up in SSK (Top 7 to 10)
    • Tomu top 5 in SSK
    • Naachan solo debut
    • New team stages
    • Seichan in senbatsu again
    • SSK in Tokyo Dome (This is more of a wish)
    • Less sister groups represented in AKB singles
    • Good Type A song that can be considered that is as good as KFC and Heavy Rotation
    • Juri centre single
    • More concerts
    • Janken Tournament top 16 will form the senbatsu with the winner as the centre (Just like the old days)
    Fears:
    • Juri graduates / announces graduation
    • Team K not represented in senbatsu
    • Naachan drops out of the Top 5 in SSK
    • New sister group announced
    • Management prioritizing sister groups
    • Mass graduation
    • AKB single with the centre coming from a sister group
    • Juri drops out of senbatsu in SSK
    • Mako graduates / announces graduation
    • Single flops
    Predictions:
    • Myao announces graduation
    • Yukirin announces graduation
    • Miichan will stay for another year
    • Naachan and Yuiyui double centre single
    • Miion will be pushed heavily
    • Yuihan announces graduation
    • Jurina wins SSK again

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hopes
    • We get some type of new team stages, even if it's taking b-sides and rearranging them or something.
    • 17th Generation
    • Janken in AKB48 only and the prize is top 16 in a singles Senbatsu
    • Naachan solo center
    • Surprising Senbatsu line up, I would love to see more variety in the members chosen. You have around 100 members why is it the same members every time. I'm all for more random air dropping.
    • More collabs with kpop (because it will annoy a few vocal people on here and I live for the rants)
    Fears
    • More Sister Groups
    • Team 8 has to keep propping up the other Teams
    • Senbatsu stay large
    • Mass Graduations
    Predictions
    • Everyone left from 1-9th gen graduate
    • People here keep complaining about kpop, driving away potential new fans. (I have seen so many people on my instagram who came here after P48 looking to get into AKB48 but left because of the few vocal minority making it seem like an unwelcoming place for those people. I've been in that situation before, trying to get into something new and being meet with overly negative people and it just puts you off.)
    • Team K is going to really suffer next year, I've just got a bad feeling.
    • None of my hopes come true

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Imagine you're an AKB fan for years and you've been here for a "long" time. One day, a group of new people that just months ago didn't care about AKB suddenly starts showing up here. And what do they say? "Team 8 is not a good place", "I hope some Korean agency can take her away", "AKB should do like this, AKB should do like that", "Why don't you post this? Why don't you post that?". Who exactly is having a wrong attitude here? Have those people even tried to feel welcomed? Welp!!!

The ones that didn't act like that never had any problem here at all.

Remember when AKB0048 brought to this place a few new fans? Did anything like this happened back then?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Been there done that when they opened op the Dutch Mini seven club to owners of the new MINI (the BMW 'clone')

Make up your mind ... do you want the drama or a welcoming environment, you can't really have both :)

8. lunakitten

I would want people on here to be more welcoming but since I think the damage has mostly already been done then I want them to be annoyed because at the end of the day it's the girls that are losing out. I mean this was the opportunity for AKB to grow their western fanbase and bigger fan base means money and more opportunities and I feel like the general vibe from this forum was off putting and killed any interest. That's just how I personally feel. I agree that unlike kpop group AKB doesn't need an international fanbase but we can all agree that the group isn't in it's prime anymore and interest in Japan isn't growing, but this was a chance for international fan base to grow and just open more doors for everyone in the group.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest ... emulating KPop groups is not the way to do that IMHO

And I'll give you my personal opinion about K-Pop and I might offend K-Pop fans .... but it's just too manicured, too neat, too artificial, too much plastic surgery ... and I don't like the emphasis on long legs with all those girls wearing this waist high shorts.

what I want for AKB is to embrace it's own identity, the idols in AKB are not perfect, some of them aren't even all that pretty, some of them can't dance all that well or sing all that well ... but the core still is "Idols that you can meet"
    so let's make that my hope for 2019, for AKB to have focus .... to not overpush members, to have a traditional Janken Takai with the top 16 in a senbatsu, maybe rotate the senbatsu a bit more in singles.

ow, and give the members the chance to become legends in their own right, like the original generations did
    (although I'll readily admit that that's really difficult right now as back then everything was new and they all had the opportunity to find/build their own niche and the competition was much less)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Matsui Hikari

We don’t need Kpop to “save” AKB. AKB is doing fine on their own. End of story. Move on.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Hopes
    • Oguri Yui center another song, with Nana and Moeka the other two non SSK single.
    • iz*one to have its own section on stage48. For consistency and...well, just look at the discussion above.
    • AKB to continue their own style of...exploring many styles of song. :D
    • Gen 17
    • Eitos to develop their identity again, after one more year helping the other teams to function.
    • Hiichan to appear as guest at eito no hi and anniversary.
    • Watanabe Akari to be HKT center.
    • Tada Kyoka being the second bright star from D3.
    • Continue to focus on the potential talents they already have.
    • meet Yahagi Yukina in person
    Fears
    • Moeka's goripush backfire like Naanya's.
    • Sudden graduations like recently
    • Just like some other have said, Aki-p's death (I am just not very certain how this will affect the group. Might be devastating, or turn out to be...more independent)
    Prediction
    • At least one high profile graduation.
    • We will have divisive song for every single release...just like usual :lol: oh well, that's why I like this forum.

Regarding the discussion above, I'll just point to Shitao's Discord Army. I don't see anything wrong with them. And it proves to be beneficial to her. I don't see concrete support to other member as strong as her's from the supposedly "new international fans". Some might be initially shocked by how blantant or sarcastic posts on this forum/fandom can be, but when they asked nicely many actually help them even beyond what they are asking for.
    Just for comparison, if you come to someone's house and shi* on their dining table, just...don't expect nice hospitality from the host. But if you come nicely, ask where the toilet is then crap there, also chat and discuss with the language of the host, I think you will be more than welcomed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Hope:
    That we can have the funny rating back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    i'm a relatively newer fan and I found lots of people on here very welcoming ;) I have to say I became fan of girls just by how dedicated some people her are of them.. would have never got this far without you guys :inlove:

Hopes:
    • moeka's push doesn't burn her and she progresses steadily up the ranks into a star :1st:
    • kojimako finally jumps into ssk senbatsu
    • mikurin centers next HKT single and gets the ace push
    • hinatan senbatsu in next single!!
    • mirurun back into SSK senbatsu
    • a new majisuka gakuen series
    Fears:
    • mako announces graduation
    Predictions:
    • hiwatan graduates
    • peaceful year with no scandals or drama :approve:

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Hope:

Jurina and Haruppi be back in their best health and be part of the group activities like before.

Muto be the highest ranking AKB member and become a staple senbatsu member.

Jurina wins again and this time, gets to enjoy and celebrate the victory.

Since new stages are unlikely, let teams do customized stages. We have lots of good b-sides and rarely performed theater songs. At least it'll make the stages feel a bit fresh.

New events.

Team 8 finally getting number 1 in RH.

SSK in Osaka Dome or somewhere in Hiroshima area. I feel NMB and STU need some extra push.

Rarely performed singles be performed more in concerts. We have lots of good singles that aren't given the chance to become classics, hehe, at least within the fandom. The group would always be about how great the ori kami 7 was if we'll get stuck with the songs they popularized.

Fear:

More Izone collab so as to have a stupid excuse to have Sakura perform with the 48G again.

One or no team K senbatsu representative.

NGT making RH their concert, hehehe. Nothing wrong with it since their fans worked hard for it. I just prefer a more diverse RH setlist.

Prediction:

Jurina wins again. We need it.

Tomu making it to kami 7 again but management will still not include her in non SSK senbatsu.

We'll see Japanese Izone members in some 48G related events.

Minegishi will still not graduate.

Yuki will announce graduation this year.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. anzai

anzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hopes & Predictions:
    - Jurina wins SSK again. Probably thrice or four times in a row (just like what Sasshi did).
    - Sakura and her comrades achieve high success in South Korea.
    - More collaboration with KPop (or debut in South Korea) so as to cease the right-wing sentiment between the two countries. And I’m not saying this because I support/hate KPop, no, I’m saying this purely because assimilation between these two cultures in the future is inevitable. And who can deny that South Korean has been looking up to Japan culture too (I know lots of KDrama/KMovie that were based on Japanese mangas).
    - More collaboration with Western musicians/choreographers/directors for MV, doramas, movies and other projects. Let the whole world know more about 48G! But of course 48G must still maintain its original concept of the sweet/cute Asian idols concept.
    - More experiment in different music genres such as RnB, hiphop, rap, etc, just because why not? The more facets 48G has, the better it is, so that people won’t get bored with the sweet/cute idols concept.
    - Another iconic project just like Majisuka Gakuen series.

Fear:
    - Mass graduation of older members (I know this bound to happen sooner or later).
    - Singles/albums sales are decreasing because people start demanding more from 48G for their music. That’s why 48G must experiment in wider genres of music.

I’m in the sameboat with you. Last month I was still repeating 48G tracks, now I’m shifting to BLACKPINK and BTS. Actually there’s nothing wrong (for a normal fan) with reducing our level of interest in 48G for a while. It is a cyclic process, depending on the mood. I know several months later I will be back repeating 48G, and then KPOP, and then Western Pop, and then classical music, etc.

EDIT:
    Japanese people are known to have the longest life expectancy in the world (84 years in average). So don’t worry too much about AkiP’s death. In Japan, 60 years old is still considered young and productive. (See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy )

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  16. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Hopes:
    Moekyun makes senbatsu.
    Moekyun ranks up.
    Naachan ranks up.
    AKB senbatsu is AKB focused, with maybe 1 girl per sister group.
    Every AKB member gets to appear in a single at some point in 2019. (This seems like a low bar to me but doesn't always happen, so).
    The remaining kks get promoted.
    AKB return to Tokyo Dome.
    Jurina recovers.
    SKE's split from AKS goes well and their newly formed company does a good job.

Fears:
    Naachan does not enter SSK.
    A bunch of kks graduate because they are going nowhere, a la D2.
    We get another spate of "big name graduation singles" filling up the calendar.
    No big concerts. Maybe one attached to SSK but that's it.
    Jurina does not recover.
    Jurina does not recover yet continues being center without being ready and it does not go well.
    Moekyun continues on as B side back row center type level and continues to be overtaken by the chosen newbies of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i used to think the same. oh boY how wrong I were. kpop nowadays are so unlike what u said u know. that's 2010s kpop, not the current one

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Matsui Hikari

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. lunakitten

I don't want AKB to be kpop, if I wanted kpop there are plenty of kpop groups. I like AKB48 because it's different. What I was trying to say that the group could have taken a part of the audience that kpop has and opened up more to expansion, maybe I didn't word it right since it seems people missed what I was trying to say.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Hopes:
    • For SSK: Mako and Yuiyui enter senbatsu; Moeka enters under-girls sub-unit; Yuiri and Annin sign up for SSK (for the sake of AKB?); relatively new AKB faces such as Sahho, Komiharu, Seina, Moekyun, Naru, Berin and Satone ranks higher in SSK
    • For the singles: centered by AKB members only (perhaps it's impossible for the post-SSK single, but 3/4 is good enough); has different experimental sounds for each like in 2018
    • A K B 4 8 teams get brand new stages
    • Jurina keeps being absent for AKB singles or graduates as soon as possible
    Fears:
    • SSK single is centered by a non-AKB member or features too many ones
    • Tomu graduates specifically due to that management "mistreats" her too many times

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 8