1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Can't be true. From what Acchan said recently ,she would be in the 2nd trimester I.e. between 12 and 24 weeks.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Congrats Acchan! I guess with all the rumors, I was kinda expecting that she's pregnant LOL I'm so surprised though, I mean I still can't believe she's married and soon she will be a mom... She's the same age as me too *feels old* XD She seems to love her husband and they look happy, so I'm glad for them! I hope they can find happiness and I'm sure Acchan will be a great mom <3 for some reason, I think it would be nice if the baby is a girl, so we can see a mini-Acchan LOL I hope Acchan will continue her acting career later though, I'm going to miss her if she goes on break for very long ._.

Actually lately I've been catching up on Acchan's movies that I didn't see yet, I saw 2 movies and I have one more movie to see as well as one special drama with Acchan that aired at the beginning of September, that one is not subbed but I'll still watch it! I'll write my opinions about all of these when I'm done with them. as usual I enjoy seeing Acchan as actress, that's why I really want her to continue. of course I love her as singer too but I think she definitely won't be releasing more music LOL I'm happy with the 4 singles & 1 album that she released though, I love all those songs so much <3

Oh and I'm really looking forward to Taberu Onna! The movie has a great cast and Acchan's role seems to be pretty good there, I also like the other cast like Erika Sawajiri etc. I'm excited to see this and I think it might become one of my fav movies of Acchan, maybe! So far my fav Acchan movie is Initiation Love.

3. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Wow, Acchan is going to be a mom! That's crazy. I still remember re-watching the 1830 no Yume concert like crazy...how much time has passed since then.

Congrats Acchan! :blush:

4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, that was 2012 ... and it's now 2018 .... so ... 2018-2012=6 .... 6 years? :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist .... it's been only six years but it feels like yesterday and like an eternity at the same time.

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She was on Mariko's radio show, GOOD LIFE LAB!, talking about married life.

"Secret of Good Life ︎

I often stay at home except work, the place I love is a sofa in the living room.
    Sitting on the sofa, I'm playing with three cats!

Ms. Maeda seems to eat something at home often · · ·
    Currently it seems to be addicted to cucumbers!
    She seems to eat vegetables and fruits often, but also tired of early.
    How long will the cucumber boom last? What?"

IMG_1368-594x400.jpg

https://www.tbsradio.jp/298565
    News story:
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20181003-00000090-spnannex-ent
    https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/1003/nrn_181003_0084458361.html

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  6. Forstz

Forstz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i think acchan husband and nyan nyan boyfriend is meeting up by looking at their ig story:blush:

7. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm so glad to see new projects for Acchan! it's a good thing that she recorded all of these so that we can still have new movies with her even when she's busy with her personal life. and hopefully she can continue her acting career in the future when she can! I always enjoy her acting projects.

Speaking of this, I've been catching up on her movies in recent months and I watched The Mohican Comes Home (2016) and Mukoku (2017). Both movies are subbed and available, if anyone is interested, you can find them. I'll put opinions under spoiler!

The Mohican Comes Home was quite nice, the story is mostly focused on the male lead and his father who's ill. Acchan plays the role of the male lead's girlfriend who's pregnant. Acchan got quite a lot of scenes here and there, she played her role pretty well too and she was cute. The movie is both sad and funny at the same time... the story is about a complicated father-son relationship and the father's illness, but somehow it was also light-hearted overall and it has quite a lot of humor. I think it's a pretty good movie.

Now Mukoku, well, Acchan has like 2 scenes and a total of 2 minutes screentime in this whole movie LOL once again she plays the role of the male lead's girlfriend, and once again this is a movie focused on a complicated relationship between the male lead and his father (who died). but this movie is very different and a lot darker. the male lead is played by Gou Ayano and the role is very... depressing. but he played it very well. Acchan's scenes... one is a 18+ scene where we barely see her, and the other one is at a bar where she's drunk and talks a bit, and that's about it. but then again it's a movie that is VERY focused on the 2 male leads, I don't remember seeing other characters much. so yeah this was a very minor role for Acchan, but a good project either way. This movie is also very quiet btw. not a lot of talks, mostly scenes of the male lead and his struggles, and scenes about kendo (the main theme of the movie)

Overall if you want to watch Acchan movies to see her, I recommend The Mohican Comes Home, but you won't get to see her much (like at all) in Mukoku so it might not be worth it as a fan. I find it interesting that she takes these roles though. Somehow I like it. I feel like she takes her acting career seriously and she isn't just there to take easy roles or only appear in movies if she's a lead or second lead. She seems to pick movies based on stories, directors or producers, on how interesting the project can be, and she doesn't have limits on what kind of role she can play (I mean we saw her doing 18+ scenes so many times already LOL even in her drama). Honestly be it a big role or little role, I enjoy all of her roles in different projects!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Acchan is going to appear on a show called Sukatto Japan, on 17 December!
    I'm surprised she has a Tv appearance, I wonder when she recorded for this?

DuNoiWmU8AEnUI5.jpg

Here's a photo from the program's official page! I'm looking forward to it! <3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Happy Christmas to all Acchan fans.. ;)

13. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Maybe someone can help me with this. Maeda was, of course, riddled with self-doubt throughout her idol career. She constantly complained, especially early on, about not being pretty enough to center and not being a particularly good dancer and being a very poor singer and being terrible at variety. I've watched her performances, literally, thousands of times and I've never seen any proof at all that she had a substandard idol talent. In fact, I think her voice was as good as anyone in those first few generations, except, maybe, Yukirin. (Although obviously her voice got better and better as her career went on and she got prettier and prettier as the years went by.) Anybody ever see proof that young Maeda was a poor singer and why would she ever be so compelled to beat herself up so often about a fictional lack of talent? Thanks in advance for any responses.

14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @richard durbano

Let me preface this by saying that I have always adored Maeda. She has an incredible idol aura, and is even more beautiful in person. I can think of a few occasions where she was really funny in variety too, although that isn't necessarily her forte. She was on one of the New Year's specials the other day (I forget which one) She DID have a reputation of tiring out (and zoning out) at handshake events, and the general thought was to see her early while she had energy, which is why I ALWAYS got Slot 1 tickets for her.

As far as your looking for an example of her singing poorly, check out the 1st AKB Kohaku Uta Gassen in 2011. Her solo rendition of Kareha no Station was awful. I don't know if they cleaned it up for the DVD, but I remember the live version.

• Like Like x 1
  15. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

@Cristafari, I couldn't agree more about her aura. I always considered her to be the perfect idol and the perfect center. I've still got posters and photos of her all over my apartment. I used to feel bad for her that she always seemed to feel so inadequate as an idol.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Wasn't there a technical issue involved, busted earphone or something?

17. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Try talking or singing in a small wheeled, high car that goes trembling over the broken ground. :)

I apologize for the terrible English.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I think Acchan just lacked in self-confidence but maybe it got better with time. I could feel sometimes that she didn't have confidence on stage with singing or during variety shows, however there are also many other times where she was confident and did great. in some of her solo concerts, she sounds very nice. in some shows, she's adorable and funny. so I think it depends, but she definitely was an amazing idol with a special aura, most people recognize it. when I read comments now on old AKB videos, of course there's also the nostalgia, but most japanese people talk about how great AKB was at that time, with Kami 7 and Acchan as the ace. She was really special.

and for me among the popular members at that time, even if she didn't have the best singing skills but her voice itself was one of my favorite ones along with Yukirin's voice. Acchan's vocal tone is very nice and works with any song. in fact I love all of her solo songs (yes, all of them LOL), and I also love all the songs that she centered. I think she was a great dancer with ideal proportions too. She was just perfect for that position, a good example would be Kaze wa Fuiteiru especially the dance break part, you can see how good she is!

Btw I found Acchan's cuts from her Tv appearance in December! it's quite short but it's great to see Acchan! I didn't understand everything they said but they show baby pics of the guests and there was a photo of Acchan as a kid. The Mc asked her what kind of kid she was, I think she said something about how she loved to ride the bicycle (I guess the ones for babies LOL). I uploaded the video:

2018/12/17 Sukatto Japan (Acchan parts)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Acchan appeared in another Tv show in the very beginning of January. it's nice to see her going on some shows even though she's pregnant, actually I wonder when she recorded for this? but I'm happy because maybe this means she plans to go back to acting after she gives birth. I love watching her acting so I don't want her to stop LOL but of course she deserves some time with her family too. but yes she's still on Tv, it's great! I found Acchan's cuts and uploaded it:

2019/01/01 Naruhodo! The World - New Year Special (Acchan parts)

She smiled and laughed a lot. She's adorable! I'm glad to see her! <3

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Back in September, Acchan appeared in a Tv movie called "Gakko e Ikenakatta Watashi ga (Ano Hana) (Koko Sake) wo Kaku made" and I just watched it! the title means "Until the me who was unable to go to school wrote 'anohana' and 'kokosake'" and the story is based on the autobiography by Okada Mari, who's a screentwriter for animes.

[​IMG]

Storyline: "Okada Mari was a hikkimori back when she went to school. She was socially isolated and alone. However, this all changes when she forces herself to go to Tokyo and become a scriptwriter." [MyDramaList]

Acchan played the role of Okada Mari. Since I watched it without subs, I didn't understand everything but I still knew more or less what was going on! Acchan played her role very well. She has a few crying scenes and I could feel the emotions in most of them. ;w; She also looks so beautiful the whole time, especially when she cuts her hair. it was a nice movie overall and a good project for Acchan! it would be nice if this gets subbed so more people can watch it. I saw that someone uploaded it on Youtube so if anyone is ok to watch it without subs, watch here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1