1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I think AKS needs a little time to work on this - not that much, but some. Previously they thought they could hide it and not deal with it. Now they have to thoroughly look through the matter and decide on how much public blame & punishment to mete out, and to whom. It's a huge issue involving several members, several fans/boyfriends, and NGT mgmt including Imamura.

What I find disgusting about this is that the mgmt only sees the girls as bags of $. Of course, to a degree, but to this extent? Shit really hides easily in the light

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    why are there people doubting Maho's story and craft BS stories abt those people don't have bad intention bla bla bla...
    When will we start listening carefully to survivor's stories?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

When they are true... :fear:

• Dislike Dislike x 31
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I’m sorry but this is terribly poor taste.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I've read several news on my local news talking about victim blaming in JP in these sexual harassment cases like this though, especially if the victims are women.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm not surprised about Japan, I meant U can see how the country is still riddled with patrarchal values. how they see women as tea-pourer, good (=submissive) wives who would do all the household chores even if she also works (double burden), etc. But that posts doubting the survivors were posted here.... which I'm sure come from countries less women-hating than Japan

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ichigowota

ichigowota Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Mazda Ayaka
    Victim blaming is definitely a huge issue in Japan. I really worry that Maho will be blamed for all this or made out to be a liar, and nothing will be done to punish those involved.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ET920

ET920 Member

Why would it be different in this case?
    This can be simplified to, is Mahohon important enough for management? You know what it's said about the weakest link.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I have just caught up on this and my heart literally hurts for her. I can't stop thinking how scared and betrayed she must have been feeling the whole last month. I admire her bravery to speak up seriously wow. Forget about being an idol or the group, as a human being she is never going to forget this.

I believe what she said happened 100%. In what world would she make this stuff up. She waited a month, gave management, the members involved, and the police to do the right thing and guess what? Nothing got handled how it should have been and so she spoke up thank god. She created a mess and I am so happy that she did. This needed to come out. She is a very level headed, sweet, and kind young woman and I admire her bravery. I'm so sad this happened to her.

Fuck the two disgusting guys for doing this, fuck Imamura for not doing his damn job, fuck the police/japan/society for their horrible their way of handing assault on women in general, and fuck management for trying to cover it up. Disgusting. I'm beyond pissed and can't stop thinking about how Maho must have felt and how to this day she is probably scared to go home or be alone which is so sad oh my god. She was betrayed by people she trusted and she is the only one that has suffered I can't

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So... when will you guys stop supporting this ”disgusting” business like AKS that exploits women? :whistle:

BTW, I stopped after March 2016. :cool:

• Dislike x 15
    • Winner x 5
    • Old x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    If that's the case, why are you here commenting? Do me a favor Wil, stop making my job more difficult.

• Winner Winner x 21
    • Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Enjoying the discussion. If you want to swing the Ban hammer, I understand.

Adios! :flower:

• Old x 8
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I think this whole thing is much bigger than just how AKS handles business. And it goes into way bigger topics that I'd rather not even discuss on this forum so..

In my heart I support the girls not AKS lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. ichigowota

ichigowota Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Mazda Ayaka
    AKS aren’t making any money from this forum, not everyone who posts here actually spends money on the groups, so...

Many of us will stop supporting the group after this incident though because we don’t want to give any more money to AKS who profit off the exploitation and abuse of young girls. But those who continue to support the group will do so because they love the girls and don’t want to abandon them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Okay so, fun story time (/s). I'm not really much of a poster, but I feel like I need to share this. I was attacked in my own apartment in 2009. I was greeted by a man who literally put my hand on my mouth like Maho, it's so utterly terrifying that I am starting to shake just writing this. It's so scary and you don't know what's going to happen. She got pushed down to the ground, my g-d, it's no wonder she thought she was going to die. Luckily the men who did this to her didn't have a weapon like my attacker did, but I could just imagine how she felt. Luckily she got away (unlike me) and was safe.

If this isn't resolved with people getting in trouble, or if Maho is thrown under the bus, I'm out. I've liked AKB48g for a very long time and have overlooked some rather shady things, but I will put my foot down on this issue. Maho should graduate if nothing is done, it will show her that they don't care about her, just the bottom line. I hate this, I hate that she is going through this, and I hate how nothing is being done.

• Like x 24
    • Agree x 12
    • Old x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  16. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I have just learned of this situation this evening and I'm terrified and deeply saddened for Mahohon. She's been one that I've followed closely with NGT.

I've been upset on occasion with management before (not just NGT management) but this is ridiculous it's disgusting. Mahohon was very brave and I applaud her for speaking out like she did.
    None of this sweeping under the rug. The truth needs to be spoken. This is a very serious matter and everyone could suffer greatly from how this is handled.

• Like Like x 2
  17. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    A woman's beauty is to be appreciated. Going beyond that especially to the point where she feels threatened, yeah I think the buck (literally) certainly stops there.

Keeping an open mind, this person has a point (albeit meant in a troll-like fashion rather than being constructive)

and I think as consumers...we can and we should be responsible for the stuff we choose. Hence my previous post
    what's done is done. the bridge has been crossed
    I would really hate her sacrifice to be in vain
    While AKS might not learn their lesson, we could

Whether we can shape what's beyond us, well....I leave that up to all of you :flower:
    (I'd like to think that we'll be more than just a keyboard warriors)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Patty the Baker

Patty the Baker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Besides Muramoto of Woman Rush Hour (hosts of Akbingo), other celebrities had also given their opinions on the matter on Viking, a magazine show on Fuji Television. Of note, the host Sakagami Shinobu had said something alone the line of "There's no reason for her to lie" and that the delayed response from the management is puzzling. Others are saying the response from the agency is disappointing and also calls for calm in order to not accuse the wrong people.

(Any errors in translating are mine)

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190110-00000018-tospoweb-ent

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Wow did Sugahara Riko just like a comment saying "Otsukare for your last handshake ever in your life" on Nishigata's pic?

• Winner Winner x 1