1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Krusha

Krusha Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    I see that another translation of it had been circulating on Twitter already in the meantime, but I think I might as well post my own translation of the statement from AKS, for good measure:

https://ngt48.jp/news/detail/100003058

Announcement regarding the series of controversies relative to Yamaguchi Maho

Thank you for your constant support to NGT48

This time, we want to offer our sincerest apologies for the series of controversies concerning Yamaguchi Maho, and for causing worries on everyone.

First of all, we want to provide informations about the physical aggression incident in which Yamaguchi Maho had received abuses.
    Last December, two men claiming themselves to be fans were arrested on charges of barging inside the main entrance of Yamaguchi Maho's apartment, and physically assaulting her such as by forcibly grabbing her face down with their hands. The Niigata Police Department has been investigating on this incident case, and additionally, for approximately one month, the manager of the NGT48 theater Imamura also collaborated as much as possible with the Department itself.
    Furthermore, while not being a direct physical perpetrator, another male fan who was involved in this incident was also identified, and confirmed, by the management side.

Moreover, regarding the correlations to it on the members' part, one member has been identified and confirmed as having been accosted and spoken to by a man while on the street and, although she did not know details on the location of Yamaguchi Maho's apartment, she ended up informing him about the time when Yamaguchi would return back to her home, which would have allowed them to make an inference about also such other details.
    As the management, we ourselves will continue, now and on, with carrying out verifications about this case.
    Additionally, measures will be taken so that the three men will be forbidden from entering theater shows, handshake events, and any other such events ever again.

As naturally understandable, Yamaguchi Maho herself suffered a psychological trauma from being victim of today's incident. The fact that, like it happened in today's situation, Yamaguchi Maho herself publicly revealed it in such a way is a result of our lack of proper response and explanations toward her and all of the fans. To ensure that situations won't end up this way from there on, we will thoroughly apply countermeasures by providing portable alarms to all group members and making patrol visits of each personal home, thus taking even further preventions than now against a recurrence of such incidents. Along with that, the whole staff will work with all their strength, with the intention to build a relationship of mutual trust with the members, and provide psychological care to all of them, beginning foremost with Yamaguchi Maho.

To all fans and all the related personnel, we deeply apologize for the great discomfort and troubles caused to you with this.

AKS Co. Ltd.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    If Kitahara Rie was on same stage with Mahohon at that time, I bet she would had at least stopped Mahohon from bowing instead of what I saw...

Still ... it's over and the above is just my thoughts

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I remember from Maho's statement (Cisalpine's translation) "I was just about to repel him, when another man came out from another apartment. That apartment was one where another member lives." Let's say Member A didn't reveal the address to the men, there is still Member B involved that actively helped them and let the man wait in her apartment.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. ET920

ET920 Member

I had a very small spark of hope that Yukirin would have written a stronger statement. In the end, this is Japan.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    If the culprits are actually fired, I am worried more for Maho. They could do this, who knows what can they do more when they are triggered and anger because they are outed. I hope they won't go crazy and go for the final blow to Maho.

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @ET920 Me too. And I saw people commenting Yuihan tweet but I couldn't find a translation yet.
    Not really appreciated though so I can guess she sort of tried to do damaged control and failed miserably. She's not exactly someone I'd expect to put a front against any mngmnt, but that's just my feeling

Meanwhile I really can't trust NGT to protect Maho.. she may graduate or she may have a push, but I hope she just leave that apartment and find a new safe place. It's obvious it's not safe for any girl to stay there

10. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    that would be stupid, if that member is fired, then everyone will know who the leaker is
    if something happen to maho, then its easy to find out who's responsible, nobody would do that

11. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    You mean Yuihan tweet translation or comments from her tweet?

The prior has been translated, haven't found the latter translation yet.
    https://twitter.com/39_saku_chan/status/1083349381229826048

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
  13. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

As an idol the most consideration of all was not to make the fans worry.
    Not decided whether right or wrong to apologize.

Maho did good, it mean she put the fans above all.
    Word "hate" or "despise" doesnt suit for idol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It seems like that the member(s) name will forever be hidden to the public and will still be in NGT. I guess why... they sould've kick them out already. but oh no, just let Maho and other girls apologize and let's move on asap...

Shame.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Off topic, but as an actual assault victim I hate this and wonder why you would victim blame?

You never forget the assault.

• Like x 16
    • Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Old x 1
  16. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    First,this was maybe a very unpopular opinion, and im not surprised if you’re going to disliked it or disagree, but if you cant take this calmly maybe skip to read this was also ok ; )

have you really expect that management will send public apology and bow down after all accusations being direct to them in these past days ? tbh at the beginning i couldn’t be naive enough to think that.

this is how they works, at the end ‘saving face’ action shouldn’t be surprising thing again.

and solved this behind the scene will probably the best option for now. for me , all the stories had been leaked so far everything was so suspicious, its far away from just Maho vs 2 girls + 2 boyfriends. it could be a real bad blood between maho and co vs bunch of toxic girls beneath the group. maho holding the truth about they had boyfriend weren’t be enough for them to send some retards to attack her violently imo

assume maho was 100% innocent (+ me myself dont want to think she’d done wrong in the past or presence afterall ) and she’s really protecting all the good girls beneath the group who get ‘intimidated’ again these toxic girls. do you ever thing forcing out these 2 culprits out of the group will solved the problems and it was an easy decision to be taken?

how if they were super popular girls which mgmt didnt want to dispose ?

how if their loyal fans being raged due to their oshi got fired and blame it solely to maho ?

how if the toxic girls are stacked around lot of popular girls who had advantage in front of management and they who hadn’t been fired being more outrageous to intimidate maho and the girls she want to protect ?

+1 this is showbizz, you’re popular you’ll get advantage, there’s nothing called fairness here.

i see how the fan reaction toward 2 of the accused culprits have been taken too far imho even there’s no official statement about their involvement. and delivering a statement about who these 2 girls will just become thing into another mess.

then its japan and their culture afterall, some victims apologizing for make some public nuisance wasn’t a surprising thing.

is this sucks ? yes it sucks , but raging and blame it will just take too much of time and feelings.

i’ve been predicting there’s a chance they will ask maho to apology for creating some nuisance for the sake to cooling the things down.

but, asking a mentally (and physically) broken young girl victim to bow down 1 day after her breakdown wasn’t a good move and its very disgusting. (for the sake how they asked her to apology , i thought it can be done via social media or web statement later after things get cooled down , even aks can give official statement first rather than ask her to bow down like this tho)

i wish they clear this mess as soon as possible and the group could continue to gain more achievements and success in the futures.

maybe some guys were loving a drama about the bts things, but i wish there’s no need to speculation and blaming some things again since official statement about they will take care of it had been released. you like it or not , there’s only 1 option can be done which is to believe and trust it.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  17. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I just read on jshowbiz who uses the ngt48 official site as a source that the upcoming 3 lives are cancelled.

Might be a sign that they (management) realize that things have gotten more serious then thay had hoped. I wouldnt ne surprised to see some staff change announcement after this period.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Tbh her response is as good as I would expect from a current idol-member who relies on the "system". Yukirin has probably had her fair share of crazy fans and stories that we probably don't know about, but she's still a current idol. Rie on the other hand had a great response imo. As many have already said this is Japan and things like this are usually swept under the rug. If Maho was just a regular woman who worked at an office and got attacked we would probably never hear about it. But since she's an idol in a well-known group and has many fans it blew up. So many incidents don't even get reported either so just reporting your attack is a huge step forward. You really can't rely on the police (no offense to those who are police officers here or know someone who is, it's just a reality for a lot of victims in many parts of the world).

I do wanna say it was really brave of Maho to go on stage. Personally I would not have been as strong as her knowing what happened so it felt like such a scary moment from my point of view.

• Like Like x 8
  19. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I suppose the glass half full assumption is that they will deal with this properly behind closed doors
    (but kinda wish they came out with this in faster and stronger manner)

hmmm...

======

https://twitter.com/Yui_yoko1208/status/1083344674700443648

Yuihan's response. Which of course only came after the apology stage
    That is disappointing. Especially that last line:
    ファンのみなさんの愛が一番の支えです
    (Fan no minasan no ai ga ichiban no sasaedesu)

Damn it. The whole point of the outrage is that: just because you are a fan, doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want

=====

https://twitter.com/mionnn_48/status/1083409255355432960

Mion's response is a bit better as it acknowledges the hurt (albeit non-specific about whose hurt)
    and stops at that. which is good, leaves it up to interpretation and room for everyone to consider

=====

And for Rie's....yeah, I wish Rie was still there. Sigh...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Krusha

Krusha Kenkyuusei