1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    Sasshi's thoughts on the matter. She sent multiple tweets in support of Maho, and the best ones so far.

https://twitter.com/39_saku_chan/status/1083460391647281152
    IMG_20190111_042946.jpg
    IMG_20190111_043802.jpg

Cowardly management aside, it's important that Maho knows people believe and support her. I'll never be a fan of this particular group but she alone has really inspired me with her bravery.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 28
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Sasshi and Kitarie as old gens at least have some guts, Yuihan comes off as a management stooge and Mion unforthunately is weak sauce.

• Agree Agree x 17
  3. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Did Sasshi say that she's going to talk about this issue on Wide na show?

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Just saw this on twitter but it's originally from reddit. I'd like to ask for indulgence from the mods for the image size

[sorry]

So one of the suspected members involved in letting their boyfriends in the building is the daughter of an NGT sponsor? Yes, I know it's speculation and bla bla bla but it makes sense. That would explain the cover up and trying to throw Maho under the bus, can anyone put their finger on who it would be?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think many people were consciously or not waiting for Sasshi reaction. I know I was.
    Out of everyone she's the only one with the guts, and perhaps in the position, to say something strong.
    Mion tried... I can give her at least that, but Yuihan and Yukirin truly disappointed me (and I really don't know why. I should have expected it)

Like @heartstation7 said though it's important that Maho knows people - members and fans and not fans alike - are supporting her and believing her. It changes very little probably, but she can see she's not alone.

She's may not be perfect, and in an ideal world she would have kicked mngmnt's ***, but what she did, the way she did, it was truly brave. I really went from barely know her because of Riko to deeply respect her.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  6. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    No, Sasshi only said her appearance was confirmed before Maho's story was out.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I've been an active fan of 48G since about 2012/2013. NGT48 was the first domestic 48 group that formed after I became a fan. I saw their formation from news announcement to auditions to 1st generation announcement and debut. I was there for their 1st stage shonichi for Party ga Hajimaru - well, I wasn't there personally at the theater, I watched live stream and lost sleep since it was at 1am - I've followed a lot of members and their releases (Mahohon was one of them), and I told myself I would collect at least 1 CD from each release. I have that special connection to NGT48 as I know a lot of people have with older 48Groups, especially AKB48.

Unfortunately I too now am questioning my following. Because strictly of management and how they're handling all of this.

The members - and I mean those completely innocent - should not have to suffer all this. If Imamura stated previous that NGT theater attendance has been low, well guess what, they're going to be even lower. Not just theater attendance, but handshake events and CD sales, too.
    And having that even be a possibility is so upsetting.

It truly hurts knowing that Maho has to put on a smile, so to speak, and still perform with the member(s) who are responsible. As I said before, I applaud her for even participating and speaking out so much about this.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Rie is one thing; being a graduate, there's not very many repercussions for speaking up. But we can say it takes a certain courage in Japanese culture to speak up.

Sasshi though, despite still being in the group, wields a lot of power. More than any other member, and more than any punishment could strip away from her. And since she's on her way out already... she has nothing to lose for badmouthing how management is acting in her tweets. She's the one we should have all relied on the most to speak up, and she did. As an idol who also manages idols, I hope she continues putting the heat on management for not dealing with this situation in a way that brings maximum relief to Maho and fans alike.

Ironically, teenagers going against the grain of Japanese society and speaking up when mistreated/not taking things lying down is the shining subject matter of songs Aki-P himself writes for the group (but arguably mostly Keyazaki). That's the message they're actually selling to fans. So the way they've dealt with this makes the management look like such hypocrites I can't even stomach it.

• Agree Agree x 37
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Very true. And the fat controller is staying conspicuously silent on the matter while his management flunkies protect the daughter of a company sponsor. Protecting power, money, nepotism and corruption and crushing the weak doesn't make for as sellable a product as "Fight the power" .

• Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    And from Mail Online, the useless shitrag it is, it will spread to other magazines around Europe and the world.

So this could have been sorted properly with snakes out of NGT and certain people in a Niigata jail. But since it wasn't, there will be a lot of sensationalist coverage that makes 48G and Japan look idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

people say this and that about the Mail and rightfully so in many circumstances but in the case of this article I think they reported the majority of the facts without adding much sensationalist detail or "look at those wacky japanese" opinion. I think the mix of video and words conveyed the feeling of disgust that a victim of attack should be made publically apologize like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    What kind of show is Wide na show? Why did she need to clarify that her appearance was confirmed before Maho's story was out?

16. heartstation7

heartstation7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Rina
    Twitter:
    heartstation7
    It's a talk show. As for Sasshi's clarification I'm not sure why.

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

If the criminal member being a daughter of a sponsor is true. Then there is a question of why does such a prestigious family allow her to date a NEET fan in the first place? I mean, if she's my daughter I would force her to graduate and took her home right away.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Maybe she didn’t want fans thinking that she’s laughing and acting like nothing happened on the show so she’s clarifying that the show was booked before Mahohon’s incident and she has to do what she has to do

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

A couple of possibilities come to mind.

1: Very indulgent parents. and/or
    2: The young men, while being described as unemployed and students may be the children of wealthy families themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I interpreted yuihan's tweet differently for some reason.

"Members are doing their best so management should do their best too" sounds like her most covered up way of saying "members are doing their best, so management, don't you dare screw this up."

"The fan's love are our greatest support" is like "the fans are important to us and we will lose them if you( management) screw this up"

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1