1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Yes and no.

Bad - NGT48 will not have the finances to continue. AKS will not prop up NGT48's operation costs. Parents might get the girls to resign since the future seems bleak especially the new girls that moved to Niigata. The reputation is tarnished even if you change management.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Yes, I am also a survivor of a home invasion sexual assault and I can tell you EVERY detail if you want.

You know, since you think victims don't remember.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yeah, look I think we know the difference between common sense and crossing boundaries. We've all seen people posting on the Experience threads of running into members in airports and stuff and what the general etiquette is in that situation.

Japan generally doesn't have a culture of waiting at airports and screaming but what we're really talking about is the bad fans who pretty much stalk members. We've seen people getting jailed for stalking Iwata Karen and Ueki Nao iirc.

4. Neluren

Neluren Kenkyuusei

On that side yes, but as u said, it will put indirect pressure on Maho and i can guarantee you that there will be ppls(in mgmt) that will blame her regardles of the thing that it will be their fault to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    It IS an issue that is inherently systemic. But not just in NGT or 48G but in the entertainment industry as a whole. And not just in japan but in the world.

The safety of women being put as second to financial gain is a systemic issue, just like the issue of women reporting assault not being taken seriously. And there’s also the issue of men being given the benefit of the doubt bc it is somehow aimed that the girl “asked for it”.
    And don’t even get me started on the systemic issue that the negative consequences that come out of the woman reporting assault are then turned around and used to “blame her” for hurting the status quo and “ruining” whatever it is they blame her for ruining.
    Like I’m sure behind the scenes Maho is being made to feel guilty as fuck for “ruining the image of 48G” where tbh, it should be ruined if it’s going to be a part of this systemic oppression against women.
    Then on top of that we have the whole use a scapegoat to protect the boys club thing but we haven’t gotten to that yet but WE’LL SEE.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    When I visited Niigata in 2017 I passed a branch of Daishi Bank and guess which idol group was on the posters in the windows...

IMG_1288.JPG IMG_1290.JPG

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Them dating wasn't really the problem here though, if they even dated these guys. Lack of common decency and respect for their fellow members was. Had they just quietly dated, probably no one would have cared.

"Protecting" women, by taking away their right to date, is kinda backwards. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Apparently the bank contract just ran out/terminated normally and is unrelated.

• Informative Informative x 6
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I don’t believe it. That’s probably their excuse but in reality their decision to not “re-sign” the contract probably had to do with the scandal

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This is what I was referring to earlier tonight when you and I spoke on Twitter. There aren't enough facepalm emojis in the world for the nonsense I was reading on various social media platforms over the past 36 hours.

Remind me, who said that on the thread yesterday while everyone was losing their minds over the speech?

I can tell you from personal experience younger isn't necessarily better. Female management on the other hand...I know of quite a few groups these days who have women running them. Not to mention Wasamin has a female manager.

I have bitten my tongue on this since I didn't think it was appropriate to interject into the conversation yet. But I was thinking the same thing.

Do us all a favor, let's not talk about whose "head" we want. Kinda proves the point RKA made in the first quote I posted.

When I was new to the fandom and going to the theater for the first time 11 years ago, there was an unwritten code of conduct taught to me by the fans which included not accosting them in public under any circumstance. Obviously there can be certain exceptions to that, like if they waved to you you could wave back, and so forth. But even now. I have met my oshimen hundreds of time, and still do not approach her in public. None of us do. Because of the generally understood code of conduct.

Anyway, you guys are all fascinating, but I am again going to remind everyone to stay on topic, and be courteous when debating or disagreeing. Some of you have a hard time counter-pointing without insulting and/or belittling who you are responding to. Please refrain from that as much as possible. Not everyone shares the same opinion, and that's okay.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@rka

I didn't say anything about restricting who they meet. I'm just saying a security guard should give the girls some reassurance when they go in.
    Those girls who are meeting guys know whatever unwritten rules the group has and are only bringing trouble to themselves if Bunshun catches them.

I don't know how to address your first point apart from saying that the violence men and women suffer are... quite different?
    Maho herself twitted that Imamura doesn't understand the fear of a woman: https://twitter.com/fryan_get/status/1082755543138222080

Many people commit crimes without intent, that's why negligence is a thing. And yet, people go to jail.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Interesting points.

The thing is though, if the members tied to Mahohon's incident and the members who are dating (are they the same??) all leave NGT at once, it would be very obvious who was involved.
    I'm not saying it's better to have these members remain in the group. It wouldn't be good. If I were a member of NGT I wouldn't feel too comfortable performing side by side with someone who would do these acts like they did to Mahohon.
    But, some justice needs to be done here. If the members tied to this case leave the group, their lives certainly won't be easy afterwards, either.

I have not pointed fingers at any of the members - especially since no names have been publicly mentioned. While it is compelling to see certain names spread back and forth (especially Tano's, now that she's not going to appear at the latest events along with Mahohon), it isn't worth it to say "oh, it was her".

It's hard, yes, to not point fingers and raise pitch forks in this very serious situation.

Now that you have raised the point about parents, I'm quite concerned about how this case and how the other groups will go forward....

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was thinking more in the terms of auditions, tbh.
    If I were a parent, I don't think I'd be too comfortable letting my daughter audition for a group where the members can be attacked and nobody bats an eye.

As for the girls leaving and it being obvious who they are, I don't give a damn.
    Let them suffer the consequences of their ineptitude.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    just by this case, I can clearly see that people are more prone to fall into mob mentality on the internet.

not a good thing, though.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Old x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Did Nishigata Marina appear today? Would be awkward to her today if she did so, she receives the same amounts of hate comments (from J-Netizen) as Tano Ayaka.

16. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Wasn't it going on recently on the matome sites, that there is actually nothing in the contract to ban relationships since it sorta contradicted with basic human rights. It could have been in the AKB's 1st contract but not in the subsequent renewals.

Another thing, I was telling my female friend about the love/relationship ban. She laughed and her response was that is a stupid rule. And, how can you stop a girl from having a relationship?

• Old Old x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    This is valuable information. Only problem with it is the part ”unwritten”. When or how is someone assumed to know, or held accountable by this code if it is not available? Nobody I’ve spoken with at theatres or events have mentioned this.

( Exceptions I assume can be handled with ”don’t be an idiot”.)

Note: I am in no way against having a code, I’d just like to know what it is before I broke it.

18. ET920

ET920 Member

Down here there was a guy who was fired, he didn't like it and went to court. He won an injunction and the company went bankrupt. This happened 8 years ago and since then he's been at most self-employed because when he applies to a job the first search ends up with news about a company going bankrupt because of his trial.

When the Kahotaru incident happened one of the members of the fan club asked me not to spread news about it and to let it pass because the last thing anyone in Japan wants is to have a scandal on their backs, especially if female. And yes, he explained in different words but basically what that article mentioned about gaman, about enduring these situations. Mahohon broke because she was afraid that this would happen to other girls, which I totally understand. But now that the snowball is rolling, while in Western culture this could be seen as something positive, in Eastern culture this only isolates her more and more from the behaviour she's expected to have in their society. And we must remember once she graduates she will continue living there with all the consequences that might bring.

Some girls have mentioned there was no such rule in their contract (remember that STU48 member getting happy because management told her there was no such rule?). But it's tradition and apparently has been upheld by members. Mahohon implied that most members upheld it. Obviously it's discouraged (I remember someone, either Acchan or Takamina mentioned that you can't prevent a girl from falling in love, but she should not make it public and so went the rule).

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Pretty sure there was a court case in Japan a couple of years ago where the judge said it wasn't a breach of human rights to have such a stipulation.

Also, I believe it's more of an unwritten rule. Sure they can date but if they get found out then they can risk watching their handshake and merchandise sales evaporate. If RKJ isn't there then what's the point of idols, why not just follow some ordinary pop group "grow and struggle" instead? Idols are selling a fantasy, if you take away what is unique about idols then what have you got?

Plus, no-one forces them to say in the groups, I think it was Jonishi Kei said "if you want to fall in love, don't be an idol"

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  20. avid.miyawaki

avid.miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I dont think that was stupid rule, if i can tell it, the stupid is the person who was signed the contract and accepted the rule. If you dont like and cant life without a love relationship, you shouldn't sign the contract/rule. If you signed and accept it, you must follow the rule and accept the punishment if you break the rule.

In my first office, there are relationship ban, like you cant have love relationship with other coworker. And one of my friend did the backstreet love with girl in office, and they married but the wife resigned from the office.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1