1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Bloodforge

Bloodforge Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    If those allegations are even close to the truth then its time to shut NGT down for good and have a closer look at the entire 48 groups as a whole. There is no coming back from that, it has started to rot from the inside.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. singgoongt

singgoongt Kenkyuusei

3. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Rolling this out really fast, but I appreciate that Sponichi, rather than just reporting the facts they are being fed, took the initiative to publish a full article pressing the management to explain some obvious holes in their official explanation, aptly titled "Five big whys on the Yamaguchi Maho physical assault". Many details are included which were previously left out from the other reports on the case, but what surprises me the most is that someone finally decided to quote Maho's account of the assault (though I wonder when it will ever be reported in full in any news outlet). It feels like reading an idol version of the "J'Accuse", if you let me make an educated comparison, because we have actually come so deep into the rabbit hole.

Web version:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2019/01/12/kiji/20190111s00041000298000c.html
    The incident which saw Yamaguchi Maho (23) of Niigata-based NGT48 being the victim of an assault from two male fans continues to cause repercussions. On January 11, the morning after Yamaguchi appeared for the first time at a theater show since the incident got disclosed, and apologized to the fans for the ensuing stir, HKT48's Sashihara Rino (26) criticized the decision, writing "I don't want to believe this is the kind of management who'd force her to apologize for a case this big", with Kitahara Rie (27) and many other graduated members also going on to do the same, in what turned into a situation out of the ordinary.

In response to Yamaguchi's declaration that "A certain member informed them about the time when we would return back home from the theater show job; one more member also informed them about the location of my house, and of my own apartment there. Yet another certain member also incited the perpetrators to go to where my house was.", it took the management side over 24 hours before finally confirming, for the first time, the involvement of one of such members.

Even so, the situation exposed by Yamaguchi is still far from being solved, and there are still questions left unanswered. As a matter of fact, 5 unclarified points still remain.

(1) Why the men were able to intrude into the building? The building is equipped with an automatic lock device at the entrance, which makes accessing inside of it not so easy. While there could be a likelihood that they could have entered in it by sheer luck, it also cannot be discounted that they may have been helped by members who were inside the building complex, or that they may have owned duplicate keys.

(2) Who was residing in the "apartment on the opposite side"? It was stated that "a man came out from another apartment on the opposite side, where another member had been living". From the standpoint of crime prevention, there are many instances in which, for this purpose, fellow members are made to live together, inside what would be a substitute for an actual dormitory. If the man came out from such member's apartment, as pointed out by Yamaguchi herself, then some explanations are to be expected from the management regarding the relationships between the two sides [note: the perpetrator and said member].

(3) Is there any acquaintance between the member who told about the time Yamaguchi would return home, and the three men implicated in the incident? Whether or not they actually know each other will greatly change the nature of the incident at hand. Feuds between the members themselves have been rumored to exist, with Yamaguchi also talking of a "certain member inciting the perpetrators". Should this turn out to be an incident caused by some internal antagonisms, it will be a gigantic scandal, which makes it a very important point.

(4) How come the management has remained silent after the incident had been exposed to the public?

(5) Despite the fact that a member got assaulted and it thus developed into a criminal case, how come it took such a long time before announcing punitive measures for the three men?

In the case of (4) and (5), they both came into evidence with the confession of Yamaguchi. It is likely that there was some kind of agreement made with the management, according to which "people who do bad things would get fired", but as it looks like, the fact that even after one month had passed they were unable to honor that is what brought her to take action.

With the storm still showing no signs of blowing over, attention is focused on what measures will be taken.

Kashiwagi Yuki (27), who also appeared at the January 10 theater stage show, spoke her mind on Twitter, "It's saddening that I could not be able to do anything sooner, I am feeling guilty toward the members as well as the fans".

Former member Otaki Yuria (23), a fellow 1st generation member of NGT48 of the same age, revealed that on January 8, one day before the case became public knowledge, she received a message saying "Help me". "I am so sorry that I couldn't do anything for you at all. Provided it's still not too late if I do it from now, I will go on to protect you by all means necessary.", she wrote pledging her assistance.

Expanded newspaper version:
    Dwqf3MLU8AEvhKP.jpg large.jpg
    After the incident which saw Yamaguchi Maho (23) of Niigata-based NGT48 being the victim of a physical assault from two male fans, expressions of indignation toward the management started spreading within the 48 Group members, as well as fans.
    On January 11, the morning after Yamaguchi appeared for the first time at a theater show after the incident was disclosed, and apologized to the fans for the ensuing stir, HKT48's Sashihara Rino (26) criticized the decision, writing "I don't want to believe this is the kind of management who'd force her to apologize for a case this big",
    Statements about the controversy came even from Kashiwagi Yuki (27), working also as part of NGT48, and graduated members, in what developed into a situation out of the ordinary.
    On a certain Internet petition site, a page, currently being widely circulated, is demanding for an apology and more detailed explanations from theater manager Imamura and the whole management side.
    On said petition page, which collected over 20,000 signatures in its first day alone, severe words are written about it stating "As things stand now, fans’ mistrust toward the group is bound to remain, it is only natural to suspect that the management is engaged in suppressing informations".
    On January 10, the management side acknowledged that there have been three men being implicated in the incident, as well as that there has been a member who, among other things, informed them about the time when Yamaguchi would come back home. Still, what hasn't received a true explanation yet are the actual circumstances thereof.
    The issues, as pointed out by fans on the Internet, can be summed up in 5 points.
    On Twitter and on one video broadcasting site, Yamaguchi declared the following: "A certain member informed them about the time when we would return back home from the theater show job; one more member also informed them about the location of my house, and of my own apartment there. Yet another certain member also incited the perpetrators to go to where my house was.", "Another man came out from another apartment on the opposite side".
    Keeping that in mind:
    (1) How did the two men manage to get inside of such building, which actually has an automatic lock at the entrance?
    (2) Who was residing on the apartment across?
    (3) Are the three men who were a party in this incident a personal acquaintance of the member whose involvement in it was revealed?
    (4) For what reason does the theater manager Imamura continue to be silent even after the incident has come to the surface?
    (5) Why is it that no announcement was made regarding the punitive measures on those three men in over a month, despite the fact this turned to be a criminal case where a member was assaulted...?
    There are some members who Yamaguchi unfollowed on Twitter, soon after the incident took place on December 8. Among the fans, it is being rumored there is animosity between the two sides. Today, January 12, NGT is set to appear at the event celebrating the 150th anniversary of the opening of the Niigata harbor. Just ahead of that, the management side has released on the 11th an announcement that, for reasons of poor health condition, Yamaguchi and Tano Ayaka (21) will however both absent themselves from their scheduled event appearance.
    With no conclusion in sight yet, all attention is directed to whether or not there will be any new statements from the members and the management on the stage.

Kashiwagi Yuki (27), who also appeared at the January 10 theater stage show, spoke her mind on Twitter, "It's saddening that I could not be able to do anything sooner, I am feeling guilty toward the members as well as the fans".
    Former member Otaki Yuria (23), a fellow 1st generation member of NGT48 of the same age, revealed that on January 8, one day before the case became public knowledge, she received a message saying "Help me", "I am so sorry that I couldn't do anything for you at all. Provided it's still not too late if I do it from now, I will go on to protect you by all means necessary.", she wrote pledging her assistance.

In-box:
    Five main issue points that fans have called attention to
    (1) How did the two men who barged into Yamaguchi's apartment manage to enter into the building in the first place and even understand what her apartment number was?

(2) If the Yamaguchi's statement that "a man came out from another apartment on the opposite side" is indeed correct, who was living there?

(3) Did the "member who informed about the time when she would return back home" have any familiarity with the three men who had been embroiled in the incident?

(4) How come the top staff, theater manager Imamura, chooses to remain silent, even after the incident broke out?

(5) Despite the fact that a member got assaulted and it thus developed into a criminal case, how come it took such a long time before announcing the punitive measures for the three men?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 25
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. rmn89

rmn89 Member

Not a Good Time 48.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    All of it is as stated in the twitter post. It may or may not be entirely true but these are what 5ch users dug up and are speculating the possibilities. The image is real but it’s already censored originally, I mean surely he wouldn’t be so stupid to actually show the face cuz it’s basically coercing a minor to have sex with him (indirect rape) or who knows it could just be blatant rape and that’s a criminal act.

6. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    This is bonkers. I mean, it started out bonkers and is now just spiraling into total lunacy.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just found a Japanese article published today by 'Business Journal':
    https://biz-journal.jp/2019/01/post_26259.html

As for once Google Translate seems to be having a decent effort at making sense I'm pasting below a couple of sections from an interview with a 'veteran entertainment reporter':

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. singgoongt

singgoongt Kenkyuusei

For some reason this psycho doesn't come across as someone that cares much for the consequences of his actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I'm with Cisalpine - this goes deeper than something one-off happening to Maho. She spoke up about this one, severe, incident. It speaks to deeper problems in the group.

I doubt this is the only thing her "enemies" have ever done to another member of NGT, especially since it seems they are tight with such slimeballs (one who stalks and sells addresses, possibly does much worse, and [edit:that's only rumor] two who have no problems attacking a girl).

Make no mistake. These are not normal girls.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Sent shivers up my spine

edit: but i wonder if those specific guys were banned? i only know inapooh is

11. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

I wonder if the bans are group wide

12. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    It will be awkward for them to sing "Sekai no hito e" this year. The lyrics... doesn't fit the current situation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Showroom feels empty without NGT members. I wonder how long will this last.:(

14. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i was shocked when mau announced grad so suddenly, she was one of my favorites in ngt. i'm praying this shit isn't true

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yeah, what I mean is that I hoped life would have been less cruel to Maho if she had made different choices, taking different paths instead of ending up in this shithole. That she ended up breaking the silence over this in spite of suppression of information is a commendable deed, but seeing her being martyred like this is plain and simply infuriating nonetheless.
    She talked about her story multiple times on Showroom before, but... Paying her own way by working a backbreaking McDonalds part time job to get the money necessary to travel and audition for 46/48 groups all around Japan, actually getting in a conflict with her parents because they were at first opposed to her becoming an idol, finally being allowed to audition in Niigata only because her granda was from there and he consented her (did I mention that this is the reason she rejected her Keyakizaka audition despite the staff even calling her back?) ...only for everything to end up like this.
    I did not mean to say that it would have been better if Maho had stayed out of NGT and NGT's shady business, thus leaving things unexposed and letting corruption to fester for years to come. It seems like that the users who are putting in negative comments to my previous post misinterpeted it as such, so I edited to make it clearer. Mea culpa.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Additional info about Mahohon-saga (based of the latest relationship diagram which I posted before):
    Inaoka leaked Shida Manaka's dating photo to Bunshun (of course he also stalked her).
    Gatanee and Ayakani (+ prolly Katomina and Noepii) regularly bullying Mahohon (+ prolly Team G). But seems like Noepii and Katomina weren't there when the assault happened.
    Katomina is really a daughter from prestigious family in Niigata. Apparently her family manages lots of event held by Niigata's government, including NGT one. Also, an account exposed about Katomina's family -and guess what? It went suspended
    While everyone knows MauMau's case (which is very gross), here's Otaki's case with Inaoka. (5ch detectives is still finding Aya's case)
    Speaking about 5ch's f9, he DM-ed Inaoka before the later deleted his Twitter
    Anyway, seems like our favorite magazine have exclusive coverage about Mahohon-saga (it was scheduled today, now I'm finding the coverage one)

• Informative Informative x 5
  17. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. ysa73

ysa73 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Rissen Airi
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. ET920

ET920 Member

^ Ogino taking sides?

Weren't Noepii and Katomina the ones who bullied Rikachan until she broke in a Showroom and was given her own hotel room? And then transferred to Team G?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Katomina broke down and nearly (possibly) killed herself over cyberbullying back in 2017...i couldn't believe her to be bullying. Too much speculations, really, management MUST speak up already, hell just f*ing disband NGT.

Also i wanna add, back then, during Christmas she got a card at her home from some crazy fan she totally didn't know. She was scared as hell. Address leaking perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1