1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ikuchan udon

ikuchan udon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    this tbh..it was weird a person would refer himself as a third person..unless u r a burikko girl..but this doesnt seem like the real one to me..the probability bunshun just made it up is high..

2. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

3. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Regarding Maho’s SHOWROOM at 9, I believe it’s not confirmed yet. If you look at the “Upcoming Live” list now, you won’t find Maho’s name. Visiting her room will give you a “Next Live: TBD,” whereas members listed under “Upcoming Live” have their starting time shown on their rooms.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Very convenient timing :rolleyes:
    I bet this is another attempt from management trying to save their faces :|
    wouldn't be surprising if they force Maho to change her version of the facts...

5. welp

welp Next Girls

I doubt it will be a big change in the direction of the management. There are many long well known dark sides/shady sides of the entertainment industry but it usually takes forever for something to change for the better.
    However, at very least, this issue becomes big will save Maho at least for now. The agency will dare not to punish her under this situation.
    No. The crime can be divided into "private offense" and "state offense" and the state attorney/ the police can start the investigation without petition in the case of state offense as the state itself is deemed a plaintiff. Imagine an anonymous body is found. If the officer has to wait until the family member of the deceased reports to the police to start the investigation, it can never start as no one can know who is the deceased until the investigation started, neither the case can proceed if the deceased had no living family member.

Assault is a state offense.

Yes, in Japan, state attorney even has the authority to investigate the case if not satisfied with the police's performance.

No, the indemnity must be calculated from tangible damages, how many activities she has skipped and will have to skip due to her mental health condition and how much she will lose due to the skip, how much will her psychological treatment cost etc. The emotional damage can't be calculated and can't be ruled by the court.

A very crucial point is skeptical to me.

While the police has not seemed to investigate the case rigorously, 2 male culprits were locked up for 3 weeks = 21 days. That's quite long of the time, the maximum length the police can lock a suspect up without indict. The police likely did not believe these 2 men just wanna bring her to their gathering and talk to her, just went a bit too wild due to alcohol, but possibly meant to do harm on Maho.

Yet, members may fear of revelation because they think the agency will drop them, they will forever be theater girls. But, if a member dares to regularly bring a man to the apartment under the agency's supervision, she may be so sure she won't be dropped. As her family is very rich, she needs not to care how much she will earn from sale. She can just enjoy her fixed spot in senbatsu.

Aki-P? Lol. If he is that influential in AKS, why was he clueless about new oversea sister groups? (He said he didn't know the announcement of MNL, BNK and TPE beforehand.) Why did he buy SKE out of AKS? (Aki-P is a major shareholder of Keyholder buying out SKE.)

Lol. They will always girls and their parents willing to join as long as 48 groups is kinda popular.

There are K-pop agencies reported of being filed of abuse/embezzlement on the idol yet, as long as the agency has at least 1 fairly popular group under its wings, it can easily recruit a dozen new pretty and talented trainees yearly.

The shining popularity will always overshadow all darkness.

If it's true some girls regular brought guys to their rooms, guys can easily enter girls' dorm? That already sounds unsafe. If the agency had prevented this, Maho likely were not attacked.

It's pretty easy to investigate. We're talking about a circle of girls whose very nature is gossipy. Just regular talk with managers and the girls, Imamura can easily know who is dating whom. Also, Maho addressed girls from neighboring rooms witnessed the guys giving names. He could ask those neighboring girls if what she said was true.

Are those every details truly correct? Realistically, a human cannot remember every single details. When we recollect a scene, we mix what really went on at the time with elements from elsewhere, our past experiences, scenes from movies, police's theory etc. We can only actually remember details drawing our attentions on. For example, in a study, a man wearing fake thick mustache and fake big mole on his cheek acting as if he hit and robbed an old woman. Later, the researcher asked those witnessing the scene how the culprit looked alike, everyone remembered his mustache and mole but other details of his face could differ. The problem is we take the recollection as truth not realizing it's actually a patchwork of elements from various sources. (This is why hypnotized recollection cannot be fully trusted.) So, when your friend tell you a story much different from the truth, she may not purposedly lie to you but she has wrong memory.

This automatic mechanism of the brain helps prevent overload. There are those of very rare Savant Syndrome whose memories are exceptional, they can remember every or almost every details they have seen but with the cost of the malfunction in 1 or more area such as, that guy who inspired the movie "Rain Man". He could remember every small details of what he had seen a day before but his analytical and creative skill was extremely lacking that he could not live on his own and had to resort on his father for daily life.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Sorry but.. I saw the tweet with the schedule picture but... I can't find her on the actual site, and yeah, I'm on the right page.
    Is it just me?

Edit: Sorry, we wrote 10 posts at the same time and I saw someone already answered up there.
    We can only wait and see if she is gonna do it or not.
    Either way... yeah, I'm not positive about the outcome. One of the things that amazed me more about Maho is the professionalism she shown so far (way more that her mngmnt did) and I expect her (them) try to calm us down, assure us things are being taken care of and assure fans of her well being.

It hardly changes something, but at least we can see her.
    If not, this is another PR disaster incoming

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I’ll have to correct you: it’s a PR disaster already underway. Seriously, AKS should outright kick out the management already. If there’s anyone who should be expendable, it’s them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

that email is so convenient, literally touches on everything that the fans were pissed off about when this news came to light, so detailed, covers all the bases. i'm laughing so hard. management tried to fabricate the perfect alibi with that email.

it's so perfect, no one is believing it lmao

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    You're right, the police can start their investigation without a formal request. My response was situational in that regard that the op wanted management to hire a lawyer with the intended result to have the perpetrators jailed. Not contradicting your post, only trying to render mine more precisely.

However some countries allow compensation for pain and suffering which to cover emotional damages. I agree with you that such things can't be calculated properly and won't be sufficient in relieving anything and also that terms & conditions apply, but it might be an additional way to go against the perpetrators.
    What I don't know is if compensation for pain and suffering is a thing in Japanese Law. Here in Germany we have it.

10. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Let me tell you since I was queuing in the Waiting List line for 3 performances, a lot of fans sort of know each other. They could have made friends with each others while waiting like 45 minutes each time. Some were like, 'oh you got a number is in the single digits, while I am in the back. Good for you. Next time I will have better luck'

I have seen the same few people waiting in queue in Niigata each time. There was even one guy I recognise from the NGT queues, at the AKB48 lobby during a birthday performance, when I went with a friend to just have a look at the theatre in Akihabara. He was like in Niigata the evening before, like me.

Some fans come right after work in their suits to wait inline in the waiting list queue.

The fans I have seen were very rule abiding. Very polite, line up at the numbers where they should be. Very patient. When staff comes to give the instructions, everyone shuts up and listens.

• Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

My attempt at creating a timeline, with info. I focused on the girls only.

19 May

On Showroom Ayakani mentions Jo. More info. (SPECULATION!!)

8 December

Incident happens.

9 December

I want to protect these girls.
    No matter any unforgivable thing I am done I want to protect Team G above all.
    There are good friends whose love surpass hatred, sorrow, anger.
    By becoming members of the same team they rescued me, now they are the only thing in life worth living for.
    Thanks for joining my same team.
    Thanks for meeting me. I love you all.
    source

HIATUS more or less

26 December

Hagiri Runa, NGT48 kenkyuusei, on indefinite hiatus without explanation. (why? SPECULATION!!)

29 December

Ayakani's mobile blog, "Things are fine lol I was worried" (SPECULATION!! Jo's gang released 26th~27th)

4 January

Renapon on Showroom, says she is in regular contact with Maho everyday on LINE and asks everyone to believe in Maho and to please wait for things to unfold. Video.

7 January

On Twitter Maho mentioned she lost 4kg in two weeks.

Ayakani's mobile blogs, "Those who work earnestly won't succeed; The ones who do well succeed" "Being sincere in your work is admirable, but sincerity does not equal success." Accompanied with a Y and M. (SPECULATION!!)

8 January

Ayakani, during a showroom with Noepii, mentions losing 4kg in one week.

Maho contacted ex-NGT48 member Otaki Yuria, "help me".

9 January

News breaks out.

"I've been trying to send Mobame (mobile mail service to the fans) ... but it's not going through since my account has been stopped.

I wish I could confess the truth and everything that happened, because nothing will get solved if I don't tell the truth, and people may go through the same thing that I went through, but I've waited for an entire month, and they haven't done anything to solve the problem...

Even though Mr. Imamura (the manager of the group) told me that he would "Make NGT a clean group"... that "NGT will become a completely new group"... that he would "fire those who are behind all the bad things happening"... he hasn't done any of these things...

Since all of the members' personal information has been leaked, I can't stand the possibility of myself or my team members who have been so honest and hardworking go through the same horrifying experience that I went through..

Fortunately I was lucky enough to get out of it alive, but if I had been killed, what would they have done? Then there would be no going back... everything would be too late...

I don't understand why things that are not allowed in other groups are allowed in NGT... I don't feel alive anymore...

Even in the recent Aikabu elections (elections in which idols receive votes from fans and compete for a higher stock value...), I was having so much fun trying our best with everyone in Team G, ever since I got assigned to Team G it's been so fun everyday, I've been so full of energy, laughing with everyone, I was so happy just to be with everyone... But now... I don't understand why things are turning out to be this way...

Is it bad to be hardworking and serious? Is it righteous to be dating? (Referring to the group's no-dating policy)

I don't understand such nonsense. I don't get it anymore.

I don't understand why the one who has been taking the job seriously all along has to go through such a thing. Is it because I have been too serious? Why do I have to go through such a fearful experience?

I really wanted to say it out loud, but because they said they would take care of the matter, I waited this whole month even through I was scared. But in the end they didn't do anything. The wrongdoers are still at large.

...I just don't understand.

What would they do if something happened to someone and there was no turning back? I really want to tell the truth but it would cause trouble to the people who are taking care of me... but I can't anymore..."
    source: https://www.reddit.com/comments/aejg4x
    video: here
    google drive backup by cisalpine88

"I wish everything was a lie but it isn't. I called a member I could trust for help when I was assaulted. She stayed with me and listened to the assaulter's testimony until the police came, and the staff were there as well. She couldn't help but cry hearing the names of the members coming out of the assaulter's mouth. I can't stand this current situation where those who are taking their jobs so seriously are not able to work without worrying in a safe environment."

"The police has already been informed. It is true that some of the members from my group were involved in this case. The assaulters were arrested for assault and battery, but they have already been released."

“You can choose not to believe me if you want. The reason why this is not out in the press is because I asked for the fact that I am an idol, a member of NGT to be hidden. The fans are full of kind people, and I didn’t want the public to think badly of them just because of a few bad people, and despite the fact that I am a victim, I didn’t think that this would not end up giving the group a negative image. So I asked my for identity to be announced as a 23 year old freelancer.“

“I’m so sorry. Everyone. It was not in my intention to destroy everyone’s dreams. But if I don’t speak up, nothing is going to change. I don’t want the other members to go through what I’ve gone through. Because these things must be prevented before they happen. I’m so sorry. I had no choice but to say it. I’m sorry. I wish I could go back to a month ago where I was just a normal idol.”

“I wish I didn’t have to say such a thing. I don’t want to cause trouble to the people who are looking after me. I don’t want you all to hate NGT so I stayed silent for the past month even though it was so hard for me. I even told the press not to release the information that I was a member of NGT. All because this group was so important to me. And because I believed that everything will be taken care of, and that those responsible would be punished accordingly.”

"But now a month has passed after entrusting this case with the agency, trying to protect the group. It was decided that nothing would be done. Mr. Imamura (manager) heard everything there is to hear about the members from the police and promised to punish them, and yet, here he is now, trying to pretend nothing ever happened by telling me that I am being paranoid. An incident like this happened and I stayed silent for the group just to be betrayed."

“I don’t want you to hate NGT. There are a lot of girls who take their jobs very seriously and are working hard. But I can’t stand to see them go through the same thing that I went through. I don't want those who are important to me to feel the same agony that I am feeling. Even though I would be just fine to be the only one crying, I can't stand seeing everyone else cry out of fear and anger. So I am going to tell the truth."

"I was assaulted at the end of last month by two men. One member from my group informed the assaulter the time that I would be coming home after the showcase, another had given the assaulter the location of my house and my room, and another member was guilty of instigating the assaulter to go to my house. Must those who choose not to connect with their fans privately have their personal information exposed to the public and be assaulted?"

“Is it my fault for not dating and falling in love, and for taking my job as an idol seriously? Is it my fault for not agreeing to connect privately with the fans? Why is it that abiding by the rules in this group results in someone going through such a horrifying experience, why is it that those who take the job seriously and work hard are not protected in this group, is it the person who is betraying so many fans by connecting with a selected few privately that is righteous? I don’t understand how this can be forgiven.”

“I never missed a hand shaking event, even when I was not feeling well. Because there are fans who look forward to the event. Because there are people I won’t be able to see the next time. Because I don’t take the fans coming to see me for granted. This was a policy that I chose to stick to, one that I promised to keep forever. But they made me break it… I’m scared that the bond that we’ve managed to build together is going to break as well…”

“Even though such an incident has taken place, they’ll make me ‘take a break’, then conceal everything as if nothing ever happened… Maybe Mr. Imamura (manager) doesn’t understand the fear of being assaulted because he’s a man, I can’t even go outside by myself anymore because I’m too scared. Even if I move house, my parents’ home address and phone number has already been leaked, where can I find a place to escape to…”

Tweet with screenschot attached:
    "I always take great care to be very cautious, so every time I enter my house and my room, I always pay close attention to my surrounding to make sure I am safe. As usual on that day, I made sure that there was no sign of anyone in the hallway, entered my room and quickly tried to close my door. Then a hand appeared out of nowhere and tried to force the door open. The hand grabbed my face and tried to push me down. I fought frantically to force him out. Because I thought he would kill me if I lost, so I fought with all my might so that I wouldn't die, and I was almost about to succeed in forcing him out. Then another man appeared from the room right across mine. It was the room that one of my members were living in. The second man took over the first man and proceeded to grab my face, and tried to push me down the same way. I tried to scream for help, but my voice wouldn't come out because of fear. After a minute of trying I was finally able to scream ‘Help me help me!’ The man out his hands over my mouth. I thought they were going to lock me inside the house and kill me. Then the elevator rang, and as the man got distracted for a moment, I jumped out the door into the hallway because I thought if they proceeded to enter my house they would lock me inside and do something to me. But my feet wouldn't move and I couldn't escape. I tried to call the police but they took my cellphone."
    alternate translation by cisalpine88: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4

Discovery that Maho doesn't follow Gatanee/Ayakani on Twitter, same for Katomina/Noepii.

Katomina/Noepii are followed on Instagram.

Discovery that Rittan only follows Team G members (excl. Rika)

Man's scream during Rika's showroom sounds similar to a fan's scream Ayakani interacted with (SPECULATION!!)

10 January

Deleted Rittan like for a comment on Gatanee instagram, "good job on your last handshake" (SPECULATION!! possible photoshop)

Rittan was not present during the 3rd anniversary show.

"I am very sorry for confusing everyone with what happened. (Bows) As I told you previously, I chose to present the matter in this way because there was something that I wanted to protect, but I feel terribly sorry that it ended up causing trouble for a lot of people that have been looking after me. I was able to talk to the people at AKS, and as I hope that this becomes an opportunity for NGT48 to head towards a new direction, I will try my best to assist as the vice-captain of Team G. Please continue to support NGT48."

NGT48 management official statement on the website, mentions one member being approached and provided enough info on Maho's return time.
    Alternate translation by cisalpine88: here

11 January

Discovery that Maho deleted her bday tweet to Gatanee.

12 January

Maho, Ayakani won't participate in event + Rittan

Ogiyuka + Gatanee each send a mobame where you can vertically read shinjite (believe)

Discovery that Maho unfollowed Ogiyuka/Anju on Twitter

Rika tweeted, Gatanee tweeted, Ayakani tweeted. Gatanee/Ayakani both mention going to the police.

13 January

Ogiyuka tweeted

• Informative x 32
    • Like x 16
    • Winner x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • Old x 1
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    ^Thanks!

Back to wota's speculation, 5ch detective found the biggest discovery
    Inaoka Ryousuke allegedly is nephew of Burning Agency's executive
    Source: https://twitter.com/KEN63473788/status/1084267172954746881
    So, it makes a sense why AKS, Bunshun, and other media try to cover up the mess :fear:

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  14. atif

atif Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Burning again...i really hate this madafaka agency.they are exile and j suck brother sugar daddy.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Now that is the kind of post needed. Thanks to both of you :approve:

Wow. May I ask if you know how big Burning Agency is?
    Edit: Did simple google search...and :censored:
    Speculation though, but wow...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    More info: Not directly related to the incident but kind of awesome:
    19 May 2018: Tano Ayaka's SR: "ジョー会なう (Jou kai nau)! At Joujouen (the yakiniku chain restaurant)! Ayakani-chan (referring to herself in third person) forgot about going there and began Showroom. The leader is doing a Showroom instead. Yay!"

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Wait, how can they do that at some random restaurant? Wouldn't other people there, hell, waitresses or anything, be like "wait a moment, isn't that a NGT48 member?"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Most people wouldn’t know them on the street unless they were a really mainstream member (usually the old kami 7 for example, or the top Nogizaka members). The general population has no idea who the members are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Well, okay, but aren't their faces plastered all over Niigata? Just look at Niigata Friend. Yeah, there are people who don't recognize them but there are also a lot of people who do. Oh well...as if i couldn't be any more confused anyway...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  20. Neluren

Neluren Kenkyuusei

Masks, or private rooms, which are quite common in Japan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1