1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Holy shi* :censored:, that was terrifying.
    After -nth time, I suggest to proceed cautiously, and not to jump into conclusion without strong factual basis. And try to separate your demand between the assault, bullying, and sharing personal information, as I think it may need separate action plans. Otherwise, we may have to apologize instead to the management, accussed member, or maybe even Imamura.

*Warning! This can get ugly*

There is a hole in the narrative about the member(s) involved. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And disclaimer, I limit the context on the involved member which is directly connected to the case. Not the bullying, dating, or whatever other issue is.
    • As far as I read, Maho said she was attacked by two people who got her contact from a member and her schedule from another member. (Testimony). Conclusion: according to her, there are at least 2 members involved.
    • According to widely distributed chart from the 5ch detectives, the two culprit got Maho's address from inopooh, based on his tweet. And Ayakani share Maho's schedule (Deduction). Conclusion: 1 member involved, 1 external side involved.
    • Based on the same detectives work, inapooh and the two assaulters were detained for 3 weeks based on their inactivity on SNS at the same time. (Deduction) Conclusion: Inapooh is involved. The question is because he help them to get the information that leads to the assault, or on separate charge of sharing personal information. Need more information on this.
    • According to the official NGT statement, one member is involved in sharing the details. Schedule or details, how detailed the information is or under what intention was not stated. Only stated it is enough to give the culprits on how to proceed, this can range from highly detailed or even instructions to harm to innocent ones like theater schedule (public information) and how long that member normally take after the performance finished to her flat which can even be asked at HS (Official Statement). Conclusion: 1 member indirectly involved
    As far as I empathize to Maho and wish NGT to be cleansed, this shows that her statement may not be 100% accurate. The worrying thing is how far is its accuracy, 100%?90%? 50%? 10%? Cannot be concluded.

Why terrifying? If we say inapooh is guilty and directly involved on the case, then at the same time we confirm that Maho's statement is not 100% accurate. And vice versa, though it will be even more terrifying.

This put things in jeopardy, and can have much larger impact in the big picture. Because the acussation of management BS, fake news, tailored interaction, guilty members were based on if Maho's statements are 100% accurate. (As pointed by nobodywil some time ago that got downvoted so much, not that he cares tho).

The facts are Imamura already lost his position and members been attacked on SNS because of the case. And some people on Twitter rejoicing because NGT lost its sponsors because of the case, which obviously will impact all the girls, the innocent ones and the victim included. While the case is still very much based of deductions and not actual facts.

I think what needed are:
    • police statement (as far as I read the management is asking police to release official statement regarding the case). But people already calling it BS even before released. Hopefully the statement will cover how many people arrested, the reason for each, and the narration they conclude from the investigation.
    • If possible the cctv footage on the corridor (if any), elevator and lobby (pretty sure there are cameras there as the standard in Japan).
    So that the facts will be much clearer. And whatever the steps forward taken will be based on facts.

Once again, careful with what you wish and think lads. It is still very much murky. Don't jump on conclusion without factual basis. And don't make things worse with speculations and aggravating the mob mentality.

If the management name one that they say indirectly involved on the case, pretty sure some people will still call it BS and demand the ones with "big money and backing" too. Will be worse if they state that one member is actually not as guilty as been thought. From what I read, I say people are asking blood to be spilled. If then NGT collapsed and these girls are actually innocent on the case. Aren't we the bullies instead that cost an entire idol group and all of its employees. I hope you realise how many people's life are at stake.

This pretty much terrifies me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Dislike x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It seems like some people are trying to spin the story so that NGT isn't the complete shitshow it appears to be.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

Sorry, I don't get why you think inapooh's involvement contradicts Maho's statement. After all it is highly possible he got the information about Maho's address from other member(s) instead of stalking her on his own. After all the other member(s) seem to be comfortable housing the stalkers in their own apartment and seem friendly with them.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

They have cancelled the NIII performance on 22nd/23rd. Also from 25th onward only NGT48 Kenkyuusei performances will be held for now.
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2127530/full/

I wonder how Request Hour will go (18th/19th).

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lmao, can't even put a decent argument like usual? [hehe] I'm disappointed. Though I'm not the one disliking your comment. :p

1547560060858.jpg
    The detectives' work says otherwise tho. Highly possible doesn't mean actual fact right? :) that means it is also possible he got it from other sources. Or the simplest thing, knowing other member's address which actually on the same floor and building.
    Plus he got not only Maho's as far as I know. According to long time fans I talked to at the concerts, he's been around ever since 1st gen AKB members still in the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Grim probably. I'd imagine Maho, Riko and Tano will miss it "because of poor health condition" or something. Maybe others will skip it too. And inevitably you'll get one or two of the suspected girls grinning away on stage because they'll be pretty sure they're untouchable because of high HS sales or family connections or whatever.

The thing is, they should be rehearsing the performances today and over the next couple of days, imagine how awkward that is?

Hopefully at least Inapooh, Jo-kun and their gang will be banned from this event....

Ironically the main merchandise I get for NGT is monthly photos for Maho so that's a bit awkward, like others said by supporting the member you're supporting the group.

Don't think I'd be able to watch NGT LODs in the same light again either.

Why should I address your post directly since there is so much wrong with it that it's not worth tackling line by line, it would take too much time. You seem to be determined to misread and misinterpret things so as to minimize the damage to NGT. If that's what you're trying to do then maybe you should take it to the NGT thread rather than Maho's thread.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Tough question to answer, since there are a few girls in NGT and the other groups that I grew fond of.
    Despite me actually having liked the group quite a lot I'm not willing to further support them (including financially). Not with the current situation.

They made some grave mistakes with letting the members get to close to fans and as a result someone got hurt. Additionally their attempts at damage control were horrible. Just to use a movie quote
    What might (conjunctive) change my mind is if they go before the press, explain what happened in detail, the involved members clearly describe their degree of involvement, make a public apology to the fans and the victim and answer any questions the press asks (and with answer I mean answer, without the PR mumbo jumbo). Shaving heads is not required but there have to be consequences.

But since this imo is unlikely, I'm currently adhering to this:
    If there is no official confirmation, but you can implicitly see that members are getting punished, I may stay with the mothership and the other sister groups. Uninvolved NGT members for once would only see me via mothership events.

If they're just trying to sit this out, then I think the next and probably last thing the 48G will see from me is me trying to get into Yukirins grad concert. I don't want this to happen but sometimes life gives you lemons.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

Yes and those are speculations by internet detectives. We know that inapooh is probably involved, but recall what Mahohon said:

Since the other members are friendly with inapooh and his friends, what makes you think that inapooh involvement negates Mahohon's statement? Why do you think it is impossible that the other members themselves inform inapooh and/or his friends about their own (and therefore Mahohon's because they live in the same building) address? I don't think inapooh's involvement and members blabbering Mahohon's private information is mutually exclusive, in fact I think they are connected and makes perfect sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    As far as I recall Inapooh has never been arrested or detained in regard to this incident. The 3rd individual was someone called "Kaise", and I don't believe he was held for three weeks like the other two.

The other part of 5ch's detective work is where Inapooh got the addresses etc. from: contacts at TSUTAYA and elsewhere with access to their customer databases. He got it from members too, either willingly or via blackmail, but it's not entirely from members. This would better explain how the criminals got hold of Maho's parent's address and phone number, although I suppose it's not impossible members that were formerly close to her knew that too. I can't see why they would give that info out willingly, but it's not hard to flip through your girlfriend's contacts. And Inapooh did brag about breaking into member's accounts.

And again, it's not "Mahohon's statement". It's the criminals' statement.

On the contrary, why are you trying to spin the story so NGT seems like an even worse shitshow than Mahohon claims?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This actually might be a good thing, not having Teams NIII and G perform for a while. Perhaps the new staff are doing their own investigation, laying new ground rules, etc....maybe. (<--being cautiously optimistic) Request Hour is a dilemma though, have no idea how that's gonna look. I mean you can't eliminate their songs from the show, can you? Maybe they will allow NGT to perform, but with no MCs. How all that plays out might be extremely telling.

Keep in mind, there is also a 48-group handshake event scheduled for Sunday at Makuhari Messe. I wouldn't be surprised to see many, if not all NGT members out for the event.

But yeah, I like the idea of NGT taking a bit of a 'timeout'

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

It does not say otherwise.

Its assumed that what Maho meant when she said that members gave the assaulters her address is her apartment number, not the address of the building.

The theory is that the assaulters were hanging out in a members apartment, one of the assaulters is a Maho oshi. One of the members (Gatanee?) says he should try to get her to come over and tells him which apartment is hers and what time she will come home. They then wait for her and the assault happens.

This completely goes along with Maho's statement and with the internet sleuths.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    According to the assaulters' account as relayed by Maho, they got both her home address and her apartment number from a member.

I wish there was more proof of that story though, right now it's completely speculative. Why? Because there are hints that the men did intend to attack her rather than just talk. (Hints from possibly the most unreliable source on the planet, but still hints.) And Inapooh has definitely bragged about silencing girls who were giving his operation trouble in the past.

But did the members themselves leak the information with malice or in ignorance? (Not that they should have leaked it at all, but there's a whole list of things they shouldn't have been doing before we get to that point.)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

I was referring to @SunnyHighland 's post that implied that Mahohon's statement (as was written on her tweets and translated by @Cisalpine88 on this thread) was not 100% accurate due to inapooh's involvement.

14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    That's a good argument. :approve: Thanks.
    Though (as much as I hate to say this), everything what Maho said still at the level of testimony. Until proven a member give her address or happened as how she said it.

I appreciate the correction from wlerin and Navicon too. Though, like wlerin just said, most of it still not at proven facts level yet. No matter how likely it is, still need to be cautious until proven right. And we better move forwards based on facts.

Hence I said statement by police on what are the facts/evidence they know when they investigate the case. A released cctv will be a very strong evidence to help see this case in better light.

Like I said in a post before. Careful with confirmation bias. There is a tendency of "whatever bunshun said is 100% BS", it actually falls into the same category with "whatever Mahohon said is 100% true" and "whatever management do/state is them trying to save face/protect the money maker machines". And it...make me concerned.

Totally agree. This will need time, AND a bit of faith.

Luckily didn't win any ticket for RH. Will be extremely awkward I guess, especially when NGT has a good chance to win. Though yesterday Ikumin said one of their competitor is "12byou" (safe it for the discussion on RH thread)

Isn't it on the following Sunday? This Sunday is 3 Request Hour shows right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    And per Mahohon, she learned that from the criminals.

16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just a heads up, but that chart is outdated. NanJ has come to this, and this is not counting the SNS evidences and the discussion they are having right now in their own thread that isn't reflected in the chart (at least not yet) but which is available around Twitter.
    U0h5YHd.jpg
    Edit, alternate with in addition some of the more incriminating tweets:
    A9ipPVHM1a6qMMQ_PsawR_64.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

Okay, I understand the point you made. However, I am curious what makes the difference: do you think the criminals were lying about where they got Mahohon's private information from? Or that the criminals perhaps tried to implicate other members as scapegoats when in fact they got it from this inapooh guy?

18. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

TBH I'm not sure. I want to support Maho but I don't want to support NGT48. I think for me I'm going to have to try and decide which is more important, supporting Maho or showing my displeasure for the group situation but not supporting the group.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Maybe a bit late and moot since Imamura was already removed from NGT management, but why was Inapooh NOT banned from NGT events when he's banned from AKB (and presumably other 48G!)? I assume his incident regarding keyakizaka is not unknown to AKS management (same industry, 48G's "cousin group " and all).

As for involved members in giving info to the perpetrators, at the very least, one member is involved, whether unwittingly or not, right? I wonder what will management do to her and would it be a wise decision to let her involvement be known to the fans?

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't know about scapegoats, but I don't think they would have exposed Inapooh and the rest of that ring to members and staff, especially with the police on their way. So at the very least they didn't tell the whole truth, at the worst they made up believable lies.

You may ask, if it was a lie, why wouldn't the accused members speak up? Well... Do we know they didn't? Maho seems kind of defensive in her account, as though people have already called it into question. If the lie they told her seemed to connect all the pieces of the puzzle, and she felt this deeply betrayed, would she have believed the accused?

Or again, these guys are blackmailers as well as philanderers. Maybe the members didn't dare.

Both of those are pure speculation, but so is 90% of the rest of this story so... I will still choose to believe the members as innocent as possible until evidence proves otherwise. I believe it is more important to protect the innocent--whether from assaults or from false accusations--than to punish the guilty.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1