1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Minami (Katomina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 8, 2015.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    During a recent showroom, Katomina said she was on the train home during what happened to Mahohon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes her the first and only suspect so far that has openly spoken up and denied her involvement. Considering the repercussions it would have if she were lying, I can now believe she wasn't involved and relax a little.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Though she hasn't sadly openly addressed anything yet, she actually was doing a Showroom while it happened. Friend of mine did a little research. It was on the day of the Christmas Train with Anju.
    https://twitter.com/EzsaB3E5naG5m9n/status/1083625752715620352?s=19

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I stand corrected in two ways. I misunderstood and thought she did SR and cleared her name, but it seems a previous SR... well what Floris just said.

My second correction is that other members have spoken up about no being involved (namely the main suspects, Nishigata Marina, Tano Ayaka and Nakai Rika).

I suppose while her doing a SR during the time of the attack means she wasn't the person Maho cites as having one of the men in her apartment, I suppose it doesn't clear her involvement after all, as the only thing we got from both management and Maho is that someone leaked info of Maho to the men after a stage event and that could have happened at any time that day or a few days before.

Back to square one, I suppose ._.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. nanamorichu

nanamorichu Kenkyuusei

So I usually just lurk here but I feel like this needs to be pointed out. If you look at Maho's IG, the only selfie she's taken with another NGT member (excluding group pics) is Minami, back in August. So Minami all of a sudden turned into a horrible bully overnight?? I know there's a bit of time between August and December but I just don't buy it.

Also why on earth would it matter if her father is the CEO of a company which funds NGT? Why would that make her a bully?? She might be captain but it's not as if she's getting any special treatment because of it (that I can see anyway) I don't understand how quick people are to drag someone through the mud without a shred of evidence.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. nanamorichu

nanamorichu Kenkyuusei

Ah fair enough, but either way, there isn't any credible proof so far that Minami is involved. I know it's one of those situations where anyone would instantly go "b-but not my oshimen!!1" and maybe have their judgement clouded, but there's literally only rumours flying around and she's still being treated like a criminal. I'm beyond frustrated.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Katomina at her Seijin Shiki (Coming of Age) today.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She looks so beautiful :cute::cute::cute::cute:

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    The mob mentality and the hive mind is getting out of hand in the Maho thread and twitter. People are starting to name-call her as an actual bully with not much hard evidence besides her being in Team NIII, not being followed by Maho and daughter of a rich father (it’s not like you can choose your family circumstances and such) but I guess that’s the internet. People are starting to use their emotions to speak and this results in witch-hunting as a form of retribution and revenge. Any posts or comments talking from a rational (putting emotions aside) PoV are seen as a lack of empathy for Maho and a supporter of the said bullies. A lot of instances where people disagree with each other’s opinions but ends up becoming heated arguments where people would assume that if you disagree with a said point, it means you’re on the opposite side of the camp. People aren’t accepting different views and that’s okay but dragging others isn’t right. Maybe being NIII captain, she could have noticed something and prevented it albeit I don’t think the bullying started since the beginning and only became a thing when ‘suspected’ members started dating those shady guys. Their choice of guys are really questionable and that depends on their character and values which I’m not gonna talk about. They will definitely be influenced one way or another and that could have led to the bullying and such.

I gave up on Gatanee whether she’s innocent or not, that’s up to my personal opinion but I ain’t giving up on Katomina (or even Ogiyuka) yet. NGT48’s reputation as a whole is already beyond salvation and this is already seen as retribution for whatever bad things that had already happened. Even if those members are not fired or such, there will already be loss of sales, less fans, sponsors trying to clear their hands away with NGT’s name and with the loss of Niigata’s public support, there really is no way of recovering the reputation that is already tainted.

Will they get more sponsors in the future? I don’t think so. Will it take years to build up their reputation? I don’t think even AKS can do that anymore even with money since there’s so much coverage on this issue. They can never reach back the level of their reputation before this thing happened and that itself is already a form of retribution.

The bad apples not fired? They’re names are already plastered all over the net with insults and everything, this is already a form of retribution even though it’s not as of said a direct form of punishment. Whether they’re innocent or not, there’s no way they can clear their name for the rest of the life and that is already retribution. Now the thing is people want to see actual retribution of direct punishment so whatever that is not seen as direct is not as of up to par as the retribution that people hope for. I’m not going to touch on the topic of repentance because I think repenting on sins is another philosophical subject that is difficult to discuss.

Besides the point of whether one should be punished or not, the underlying issue should be how management didn’t manage it properly and further implies that anyone doing bad deeds, whether them being rich or not, can get away with it. The system needs to be changed but it cannot be changed so fast. It just needs to be improved even if it’s a small step at a time.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Old x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm currently neither for nor against Katomina as I'm having my doubts but they're still doubts rather than beliefs. What I'd like to point out though is that Maho follows Minami on instagram (and also Noe). My passion drive for her has probably died down a little but giving negative ratings to an update post such as ForrestFuller's above is unnecessary. You're "punishing" a Stage48 account for something you assume Minami has done.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Since it's already the 15th in January.

:ome:Happy Birthday to my current Kami-Oshi Katomina! :ome:

• Like Like x 6
  10. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    ハピハピバースデー to our dear Minamichan ♡ she looked absolutely breathtaking at yesterday's Seijin Shiki, then again, her parents put a lot of work in it. May she have an amazing year ahead of her. ♡
    (oh and stop taking a bath with dad, come on, you're 20 now... xD)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  11. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    :ome::ome:
    Tanjoubi Omedetou Katomina!!!!!
    :ome::ome:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    :ome:Happy Birthday Katomina :ome:

• Like Like x 3
  13. nanamorichu

nanamorichu Kenkyuusei

happy birthday to the cutest girl alive <3:cry2:<3:ome:<3

• Like Like x 2
  14. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    Happy birthday minami chan!:ome:
    Hopr you have a good career and more job opportunities ahead

• Like Like x 2
  15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I think the allegations made against her is that she's covering up for the perpetrators so it really does matter who her father is and whether he has influence over NGT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I don't hate Katomina, but I think this is a normal price for being part of the team(all this hate). Because as beaing part of teamN3 she must to know all, but she didn'n said anythig...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I too want to see the members addressing this (as do the majority of popular replies to their posts), but right now I don't think you can blame them too much for these kinds of posts seemingly oblivious to the situation. I think their management is still in "panic" mode, controlling what they post to SNS very closely. Even if she wanted to say something, they almost certainly won't let her until they tell everyone exactly what they want them to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. nanamorichu

nanamorichu Kenkyuusei

Once again, fair enough, but where's the proof? Yes, I might be a Katomina oshi, but I'm still trying to be realistic here. The only girl with solid proof against her is Ayakani at this point. Does every girl in Nlll know what's going on? Shouldn't they also be forced to speak out? It's just a bit unfair Imo that Katomina is pointed out as some ring leader, yes she's the captain but she's not omnipotent. Once again, yes she is my kamioshi, but I still don't approve of a witch hunt of any members. Everyone instantly came out guns blazing accusing Rika of being the one who leaked Maho's info, yet it turned out to be Ayakani who's most likely the guilty one here, with the most proof stacked against her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Well, I did say allegations?

Regardless, I can't support her anymore. The whole of Team NIII has become un-trustworthy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1