1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I mentioned before that there should be some kind of minimum threshold to be able to like/dislike. Like you've got people having an account for 3 years and only making a few posts in all that time but yet handing out dozens of dislikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

You can say... I’m a “victim” of the “dislike” button mob and I’ve apologize for being a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    @Reveen What you're suggesting is the minimum we expect for a fair working of this system. Despite this, as @rka and others members have already mentioned, the positive ratings are self-explanatory; the negatives don't add anything to a constructive argument if there's no explanation why they are disliking/disagreeing.

Things like this I don't understand: http://www.stage48.net/forum/index....-rikachan-rikahime.11925/page-96#post-1559553
    Btw, I'm glad @ForrestFuller has been helping with updates, but seeing a dislike in a post with links to videos only makes me confused:
    1. Does the person dislike the member in the video?
    2. Did the person dislike the contents of the video? (I highly doubt he/she watched it.)
    3. Is it a personal vendetta to the poster?
    I don't want people to stop posting fearing to get a dislike for reasons unknown.

Pretty much agree with this.

On the other hand, I guess everyone knows at least one attention-seeker who seems to post just to collect dislikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I guess if I disagree with a user and someone else already pointed out all their flaws in an elaborate answer then I don't have to write another post with basically the same content. In this case I could give a disagree just to emphasize that there are more persons disagreeing with them.

And if someone is just a troll or posts a low-effort drive by shitpost, then a dislike is all the time I want to waste on them.

Although personally I prefer to give a thumbs up to the users who come up with great answers to posts I disagree with instead of using the neutral/negative ratings myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    In this case you can simply agree with the other post to show your disagreement to the original. If there are no negative ratings, the post with more positive ratings will be that people agree more (and implicitly the other will be the post people disagree more).

And if there's more than one post disagreeing with the original with different points, the original poster will still be questioning why he got a disagree (or a dislike) because ratings don't automatically link with the answer-posts if you don't point out.

Just my opinion.

You will be doing exactly what they want just like a puppet-- feeding the troll-- and encouraging them to keep on shitposting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I'm just gonna pop in here

Requesting to make the MNL Team members area!
    Their teams list is already on their site...though in their nicknames

here's the site:
    https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/

also for their graduated members

7. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Well, that's exactly what I wrote in the part you didn't quote. So we're on the team on this anyways.

I don't think that counts as feeding, trolls usually want to see a real reaction and not just a random thumbs down. Also shitposting is not always one by trolls in the first place.

8. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Oh yeah, my misreading. Sorry for that.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Be braver then. :p

I think there should be a threshold for members to achieve before having the rating system implemented though.

These ghost account that do nothing but like or dislike posts... like why dis you even registered in the forum if you’re just lurking?
    Also, many trolls might just make new accounts to dislike posts without having to face any backlash, so... yeah.

EDIT:

So...

The new user @TheHitch is obviously @rka , @Reveen or @nobodywil , right?
    Seeing how these super funny avatars are part of some inside joke or whatever.

My question is, why make a new account to discuss only in one thread? Are you afraid that your opinions are so wrong you'll get blacklisted?
    And mods, isn't it in the rules that a user shouldn't have two accounts?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't think there's a good way to solve it (or frankly any way), but I'll throw it out here anyway.
    I started a 'best outfits/uniforms' thread, just as a sort of poll which uniforms people here really like (or not) ....and I though about asking the mods to for once allow multiple sequential posts per user so we could have one post per outfit and I could the see from the likes how popular an outfit is.
    but thinking about it I realise that the like/dislike/agree/buttons are kinda useless for this, because those are (primarily) related to users ... and it would be silly to get a bunch of likes just because you posted the pic of some insanely popular outfit, right?
    and I don't think ForrestFuller's countdown format is really fitting as there are just so many outfits.

the only sort of workaround would be to use a special user for it, and have people submit outfits ... but that's far from ideal as I think it should also be possible for people to give there reasons for a certain choice .... (and someone would have to create posts for the submissions)

anyone with an (brilliant) idea ?

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ya know @Trinu , you make that accusation more than anybody else. Do you have any hard evidence that this is the 2nd account of an existing user? If so, let us know.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, I do not.
    But I didn't have any for Merika/Twice and I was right about that in the end, wasn't I?

This is clearly an account of an existing user (have you banned anyone from the Maho thread?) that just made it to discuss in one specific topic, probably trying to avoid any backlash.
    It'll probably go dormant until the next scandal comes through.

Some times things are just obvious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It ain't me anyway bub.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Funny the 3 “accused” aren’t banned from the thread and still posting. So... that’s means it ain’t us, right? Nice try, kid. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yeah...well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Let's not forget how many people have been falsely accused of being a 'certain infamous former user'

No, we haven't banned anyone from the Maho thread. We acknowledge it is a hot button issue, and have been somewhat lenient with regard to allowing people to speak their minds, notwithstanding the political correctness of their opinion. Just as long as people 1) aren't trolling for the sake of trolling, and 2) aren't incessantly fighting with other users.

It is one thing to be "obvious" or highly suspect, it is another to be backed up by evidence. I am not going to ban anyone because I am "pretty sure" it is the 2nd account of a current or banned user. If the suspected user is truly a problem, their problematic personality will eventually shine through in their posts, and then we can deal with the issue. If they continue to post normally, without causing friction on the forum, I guess that means they adjusted their personality on the forum, thus the point has been made. WIN/WIN

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    It would be great if a staff member could add MNL48 members to the Oshimen list in our profiles.

I haven't kept up with AKB for years and mostly just focus on MNL48. I see other members from the other sister groups on the list too anyway. Thanks!

17. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    IIRC this has been asked before, from what I understood there was/is no room for new Oshimen as the number of entries in the list is limited by the software.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    And the function itself is broken at the moment - we can't delete graduated members from the list to make room for the newer members. Our admins have been notified of this problem - we hope that a solution will be found soon. In the mean time, thank you for your patience!

• Like Like x 1
  19. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    I have no problem waiting. Just wanted to know if it would be possible one day. Thanks!

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Where's the 2018 member ranking?