1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    ^this makes the fact a lot of Japanese people don't seem to be trusting the company in this case pretty interesting.
    i also hear apologies are a normal part of Japanese society even if someone didn't do anything wrong, but the mahohon apology bothered Japanese people.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Nishino Miki
    “There are many mentally unwell girls in AKB48”

Silent cries of help ...

Nishino gave examples of AKB48 members who would set up their Line messaging app profiles with statements like “I think someday things will start going my way,” or “If I keep looking forward, I can see that things will get better,” or who would make their profile pictures a solid black field. Describing such actions as “attempts to get attention,” Nishino said “It’s obvious that they’re hoping someone will help them,” and voiced her opinion that it would be better for them to “just come right out and say so.”
    Source:
    https://soranews24.com/2019/01/16/t...ms-ex-member-of-japans-top-idol-singer-group/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Good point. If it was just kks involved in this issue they would already be gone from the group.

But because it's some of NGT's moneymakers they were prepared to sacrifice Maho and are probably still trying to engineer an outcome where they lose as little money as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

nah, they just tend to stay silent in the matter, like their assault and rape victims.

i remember the rumors of nishino getting bullied in the group. it's funny because a lot of fans never questioned it. it felt like we never took the rumors of bullying seriously for whatever reason

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ET920

ET920 Member

Apologies are the way Japanese move on. Even if it wasn't their fault by apologizing they say, let's move forward. Therefore, half apologies must be fake, but it's just like when you greet someone in English with "How do you do?", you don't expect them to actually tell you how they are doing. It's the way they are and why they are where they are.

My fear is that this is hurting Mahohon much more than we believe it is. I'm absolutely sure she didn't expect this to become such a big thing, she was just explaining why she didn't feel okay during her last handshake event and then she continued talking and expressing her own thoughts about several issues including members dating fans.

Remember, between the many things she said she explicitly mentioned she didn't want to harm the NGT name which was why she would be reported as a self-employed 23yo female. And now everyone is blasting every section of NGT48 (from management to members, their parent company AKS, etc), with CMs cancelled, contracts terminated, etc. And certain people get happy at that. And as more dirt is dig up it starts involving other members from other groups like Kurenyan, a very dear friend. Mahohon really loves NGT48 (the members, the theater, the staff, etc) and now whenever anyone searches for her name they find news about treason between members. Nobody wants their name to trigger such results, and even less someone who actually loves NGT48.

By going public she risked way more than what I think she ever imagined. In 10 years after her showbiz career ends a human resource director will type her name in a search engine to find information about this new applicant and will find all this and will ask "Do I want someone who talks against coworkers publicly?"

That private fan meeting didn't help to take her seriously.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. kero__kero

i'm sure maho didn't want this scandal to blow up this big but maho still wanted to be heard. a lot of people get victimized and they never reveal it, they keep it inside them for the rest of their lives and they're never the same person. maho asked her company to take care of the matter, to do what was right because an employee under their care was assaulted and management did nothing. they could have fixed everything behind the curtains and maho would've been happy and the fans and the public would've never known about the shady stuff in 48gs and you wouldn't have wota playing detective, speculating and digging up even more dirty and disgusting things.

if maho never opens her mouth, ngt would've just kept on with their shady business, getting more corrupt as time goes on, more girls getting bullied, more girls getting threatened, and public and the fans would never know about it until something truly awful happens to one of the girls (which already could've happened, who knows).

it's important for the members to feel safe within the group, not having to suffer emotional and physical violence from the cancerous members while management plays dumb and pretends nothing is happening within the 'locker room'.

management created this toxic environment and nurtured it. they created this mess, and it eventually led to a girl getting assaulted in her own apartment. don't blame the girl who spoke out on it

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    You are missing the point after all these days, aren't you. Maho was making no claim they were out to kill her, but was explicitly quoting what thoughts she had back at the time, and that's clear enough in the confession, saying how she feared for her life at the moment the assault took place.
    She was for one thing absolutely unaware of what the assailants had in mind to do next, or why they came to her in the first place, not that me or you are made aware of. The point was that being alone, vulnerable and powerless at the mercy of two people with violent intentions meant they could have done virtually anything to her, and nothing would have stopped them or someone else from -- to use an extreme examples -- killing if she had found herself in a similar but less fortunate situation. Had something more irreparable, as she put it, than getting pinned down on the floor by two thugs who shut her mouth from screaming, how would the management have kept things covered without causing a huge scandal? That's what Maho also wondered at one point in the stream.

You are making the same mistake f*train was duly criticized for before, trying to gaslight and trivialize the incident (Why, just because you want NGT to go back working as "normal"? This is a group not worth existing anymore) by using strawmen nobody even brought up, arguing (like he did) as if everyone was claiming this was an assassination plot or as if this was the main driving point of the debate.

No, this mess grew so big by itself, as a result of the deplorable and unprofessional way of handling it by the management, after forcing a member into silence and near-hiatus for a month on the promise that things would have been dealt with, when they did not. Because of multiple attempts at trying to suppress facts that had already become open secrets by that point, both at the hands of AKS and Bunshun, which only resulted in both sides just shooting themselves in the foot spectacularly and hurting their integrity by contraddicting themselves multiple times. And in the way publicly pillorying the victim while at the same time trying to shield the aggressors and hide their identity and intentions had made Japan once again look to the world just as a society stuck in the Middle Ages whose only modern things are the hi-tech toys (and the response within the country was just as negative).
    Incidentally, this is one of the rare instances where I am seeing Japanese people trusting neither the "companies" (AKS) nor the "alternate press" (Bunshun), even newspapers and talk shows are supporting a story that is is closer to what has been brought to light on the Internet.

Well, since you don't seem to have access to her mobame I'll tell you it here, but in the three mails that followed after the attack it's clear that what Maho wants to protect is Team G and that this is where her true companions and the people she can trust are, without mentioning NGT48 as a whole. The fact that in a tweet afterwards she told that "I'll never forget those people who helped me today. I'm determined to repay back their favor forever. Those who did otherwise will never be pardoned. I'm glad that Team G is a normal idol team like that." should also get you a hint as to where Maho puts her trust in.

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 8
    • Informative x 5
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. ET920

ET920 Member

So what do you think Mahohon could have accepted? You cannot send the fans to prison as the police dropped the case. Add more security? Yes. Suspend the member/s who exposed her private information? Okay. Anything else? Would that have been enough?

• Like Like x 2
  9. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i don't know what her internal motivations were, but she wasn't just explaining why she wasn't feeling well. remember she was cut off from one method of communication then ran to another one. this is a woman that fought to be heard considering her place as an employee and a woman i don't think it's an exaggeration to call her a hero, especially if she encourages other victims to speak up

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. kero__kero

how about like uh, not letting the girls bring boys into the dorms? suspending the leaker? making maho feel safe and secure? probably the bare minimum but apparently that seemed like waaaaaay too much to ask. and now ngt finds themselves in a mess they never could've imagined

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I was checking up on Mahohon’s twitter again and saw someone post the photos of Ayakani’s mail where she said serious members do not translate to successful members and yikes. That girl is truly frightening.

[​IMG]
    (For those that don’t get it, the mouth on the bear is an upside down Y and the ice cream has a M on it.)

Whether the actual image was flipped in the original mail or not, that is just scary.

• Informative Informative x 6
  12. ET920

ET920 Member

She apologized via Twitter about her handshake event without being able to say why she was feeling that way, so decided to explain it via Showroom which was obviously not what management wanted.

I never trivialized this. She's my NGT48 oshi and I believe her. Yes, it was terrifying for her, yes she feels she could have died had they had evil intentions, yes she feels management didn't do (before and after the incident) enough for her and the other girls. I understand all that. She wanted to protect her Team G members, yes, I also know that (I translated the tweet she posted on the day after the incident). I question to continue feeding the mob who doesn't care about Mahohon but only want this to become bigger and bigger for the popcorn.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Fact is, NGT management brought this upon themselves: not just by refusing to treat Maho's case with the seriousness it deserves, but also by allowing shady dealings to go on in the first place. Why is it that whenever a girl from any of the sister groups is caught with a boy, she is eviscerated, but in NGT it almost seems encouraged? Why was this not rectified by upper management? Why was this not a bigger deal among NGT's fans? Why were they letting in people who were banned from other sister group events?

The only reasoning I can think of is money, somehow - we know a lot of money goes into NGT just by the RH and SSK results. But with investors pulling out, CM deals being cancelled, and NGT all over the press in a very bad way, all I can think is that management is getting its just desserts. They made this bed and now they have to lie in it until it gets repossessed or junked or remade. I just feel so sorry for the girls who staked their futures on NGT and got screwed over by a few bad eggs.

I don't know how this situation is going to end, but I hope it's with NGT reverting to being held to the same standards as the rest of the sister groups. I don't think they should be allowed to go on the way they have been, as whatever is going on behind the scenes, it clearly only puts members in danger.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Exactly. And I'm sure shady shit goes down in the other sister groups and even in AKB, but NGT seems to have taken it a step too far. Especially after the incidents we've had already management needs to be more serious about the safety of the idols that essentially bring them their checks.

out of curiosity since I haven't really seen anything, but has Miichan said anything? As a founding member of AKB and the whole 48-franchise I feel like she would have something to say.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    however you want to belittle her and what she did is on you.

16. ET920

ET920 Member

Absolutely not, and if it sounded that way I apologize.

17. ET920

ET920 Member

Apparently that's the way STU48 works, but could be because they aren't under AKS.

• Useful Useful x 2
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'll quote myself from the Miichan thread:
    So no, not really .... for a whole bunch of reasons ... let's face it, she can't really condemn members who break the dating ban as people will for sure say she's a hypocrite as she did it herself.
    (even if that was years ago and she has been on her best behaviour since then)

And I suspect she has learned to stay away from controversy, once bitten, twice shy.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

News came in about how they're moving their dorms.

What we should be asking is why wasn't this done a month ago?? There was a violent attack and addresses were revealed, and they just leave the girls there and only act when it hits the news?

smells fishy to me

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Thank you. I clearly missed this for some odd reason. It's a rather disappointing response, but I get it too.